Author Topic: Alteramorphs #0: The Alteration (Both fanfic and art, feedback needed)  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Vickie1

• DA
The revival of an old fanfic I've done before. Now entitled as Alteramorphs #0: The Alteration.

Took me 2 weeks to get it running and entirely redoing my fic from scratch as a new version. Cuz the old one to me SUCK! I told myself, "HELL I could do better! I'm improving it!"

But it's a bit slow cuz I've just started uni (Oh god, math is killing me and it's not the Singaporean kind). I've only posted the first 3 chps in FFN.

Also, in this whole week, I went back to an old fanart related to the old fic and completely revamped it to advertise my new fic to get you all to read and review my fanfic (I neeeeed reeeeviewsss...). However there's still more to do and I have problems on certain parts.

Attached is the preview of the book cover here (might have to click on it for full view) and below is what I need help on. If it's alright with you all. I want to make a cover that's similar to the Animorphs books :)

Taken from my DA comments:

Of course, I'd like it if you can all help me with some problems in improving the covers. Pretty Please? HELP!

On these things:
*Background
*Color
*And/or things/people to draw

Any picture that is white and has blue, red and black lines are still in progress.

Please read the following:

Front Cover

As you can see it's like the front covers of any Animorphs book. But I do realize my blue bg conflicts with the blue boxes. Of course I was just thinking of placement first before color. And I know the boxes are sky blue. But I was also aiming for blue and orange for the bg and titles as you can see. So if you have a blue color that will separate the bg from the sky blue boxes, I'm all ears.

Also, I may not have drawn it but within the circle of boxes are supposed to be eyes (NOT CRAYAK OR ELLIMIST!). Two pairs of eyes that are staring at the readers. Like the megamorph book "Back in Time". And these eyes are a sneak preview to two OCs in the fanfic. But I'm a bit unsure if this might be weak for the Front Cover. Well if anyone can help me with this part, I'll draw out the eyes and show you for some opinions to improve it.

And yes, each box has the face of an Animorph. Btw I hope you don't assume from the titles that this is an "Alternamorphs" books. It's not like those books and I spelled it as "Alteramorphs" which will have a reason for in the later chps.

Behind the Front Cover

Next the picture after the front cover. Not complete yet cuz the spaces surrounding the characters have something to add that will tell the main purpose of the story but slightly conceal it. However, I don't know what bg to add for this one. I don't think I should use the same bg as the front and back and it's a bit more like the Megamorphs (random bgs). And there's no locations in the bg cuz my story is...well it has a lot of locations. I guess.

So help on the bg. What should it be in this picture?

Please note, 2 characters are my own creation but one is a character given with a new killer and future look. Can you guess? Who is he? Hint: Squeak Squeak!

Also, the adult in black line is actually a woman. I have a feeling many of you will assume it is a guy behind the girl. Originally, I drew the lady out with a body that you can tell but I realized when I placed the girl on top...meeh. Covers the body. And the shoulder guards sort of give the impression it's a guy to others...which I wanted a powerful look on her.

Be honest. Do you think the character with the helmet looks like a man or woman?

Lastly, I actually shouldn't have put the girl's eye colors on this preview. Now that I look at it, it looks funny. I was trying to do Heterochromia on her: with hazel green and blue eyes..... BIG FAIL! Also the blue circles on her eyes? Ignore them. They relate to the blue boxes which I am gonna draw them spinning but the circles didn't come out nice. Must redo...

Back Cover

Meh...Actually I'm happy with the back cover. It's the only part that was easy! SUCCESS!! And yes the summary is disclosed. Don't worry, you will read it once I have finished this.... Unless you really want to read the fic that you can't control yourself. o_o;

And that's it. Hope you (sorta) enjoy the preview AND you'll help me with the problems I face. Please, my mind has gone a total blank after Thurday's tests! I seriously need help from anyone! Friends from DA! Even Animorphs fans! HELP ME BEFORE-! Oh no! EEEEEEEEAAAHHHH! -gets chased by the Marco the gorilla-

Marco: <You went blank on this picture!? COME BACK HERE! This is revenge for torturing me in all those author's notes in FFN!>

----

And STILL I don't have CS5 yet! Damn you CS4 for your problematic strokes! And you Painter! For your lack of merging layers and blurring the images when I scale/rotate them!

Painter: D':

And End.

So that's about it. Sorry if it might be a lot. As an apology, here is the summary (better than the limited summary in FFN) of my fic that was disclosed and the link to my fic (PLEASE R'N'R!):

Alteramorphs #0: The Alteration

Summary:
              Someone has seen the Animorphs. And it’s a kid named Kelly, running away from home. How did this happen and what are they going to do? They know the consequences of enlisting another Animorph. There was a sixth Animorph and they had to stop him, trapping him as a rat. Now, they’re don’t know if they should make Kelly a possible seventh Animorph. They’re unsure if she can help them fight the Yeerks or become another traitor like David. A mistake they do not want to repeat. What makes the decision harder is that they have discovered Kelly’s nerve-racking problem of dream-like premonitions about...them!
             But before they had a chance to decide, chaos breaks loose-- A familiar face appears bent on destroying the Animorphs and Kelly. The Yeerks are after her too. And a mysterious black-suited woman aids the Animorphs with strange powers. With their secret in danger, it's a race to save Kelly.
            The ultimate choice of recruiting another again lies in their hands. And they must choose soon before it’s too late...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6308284/1/Alteramorphs_0_The_Alteration

Hope you enjoy this huge bunch. And I hope you can help me improve the cover :D

And hope this post isn't too long and the pic too big.

Post Merged: September 19, 2010, 10:19:58 PM

Ok so I'm pretty an impatient person when it comes to getting opinions or reviews from people. But hey, if this pic gets your attention with humor, then I succeeded in my objective: making you laugh. :P

Anyhow, still hope you all can help me with the book cover artwork below.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:26:44 PM by Vickie1 »
My imagination can be both infinite and insane

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: Alteramorphs #0: The Alteration (Both fanfic and art, feedback needed)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:31:42 AM »
oh thank god, i read 'alternamorphs' at first.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:30:18 AM »
Will comment this afternoon. Running to work right now.

Short version: looks like an awesome start.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:44:42 AM »
oh thank god, i read 'alternamorphs' at first.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have named it as 'Alteramorphs' even when it has nothing to do with the alternate choices you have in those books. But it's relevant to the story contents and morphs in the fic.

Now I wonder if the reason why I haven't gotten a lot of reviews lately is because the majority of people in FFN misread it as 'Alternamorphs' when I'm not writing those sort of books.... v.v Sigh~!

Post Merged: September 20, 2010, 06:47:33 AM
Will comment this afternoon. Running to work right now.

Short version: looks like an awesome start.

Take your time on it, Terenia. :) And thanks, glad you like the picture...despite it being this far. x:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:55:06 AM by Vickie1 »

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »
You sir have a vision! :D

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
You sir have a vision! :D

Thanks  ;D Glad you like it! Will be a while to finish it but thank you for the comment!   :hug:

Offline Aniviel

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »
Wow, I can tell you put a lot of work into this!  I just wanted to comment that your cover could be more striking if you increase the contrast between the boxes and the background; right now the blue boxes really get lost.  Here's a quick mockup for comparison (I hope you don't mind that I edited your image!)  My blue is pretty clashy too, but I hope you get the idea.