Author Topic: Animorphs Civil War  (Read 3463 times)

Offline JohnBlaze

• I'm telling you, Rachel's alive, I saved her
Re: Animorphs Civil War
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
also remember Rachel would be strike first, think later....everyone else may hesitate....
If I was an Animorph, we would've won in two weeks...just sayin'

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 11:36:31 PM »
All of this talk of bear v tiger sounds like Deadliest Warrior or something
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 12:13:12 AM »
I can't see Tobias using a Hork-Bajir morph effectively against the other Anis, given that they've all fought against and defeated H-B's, oh, only about a million times.  Though I suppose Tobias might be able to use the body more effectively than a Yeerk with his fighting experience.  Conversely, the Andalite morph might be effective, but he doesn't have much experience in it.

Eh, I agree w/donut.  Jake in an arena setting, otherwise Marco.

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 02:44:05 AM »
I don't see that Gorilla going to far....in fact, he's super slow, none agile, and in most battles, Marco is usually the one closest to dying.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 12:30:05 AM »
as far as tobias with hb morph, true that the anis have shown that any of them could effectively take an hb in a striaght fight, but in a scatter fight (for some reason I'm picturing woods for a scatter fight) he wouldn't take them in a straight fight.  He'd likely take to the trees and sneak up on one, or wait and ambush someone as they went by, given his predator mentality and his 3 dimensional thinking, I'm almost certain he would try to fight like that.  he'd also be a lot more mobile in his natural state and could easily avoid a fight until his choosing, unless the others morphed a bird to attack him, in which case he'd have an experience advantage.  If jake could morph and climb unnoticed he might be able to take out tobias with his falcon, otherwise only rachel could give him a challenge in the air, but I'd still bet on tobias.

With his andalite morph, I don't think he'd have enough experience to fight effectively, ax could definitely take him, jake could, maybe rach if she charged and he missed his first strike, marco if he could get a weapon, I don't think cassie would have a chance.  the other side of the andalite though is that they aren't much sturdier than a human if you could get past that tail, not to imply that'd be easy though.

I think in a scatter fight Marco's thinking and intelligence would give him a significant advantage.  and I still think he'd have an advantage over pretty much anyone if he could find a suitable weapon given that his morph has hands and enough strength to use one, even if all he does is find a few big rocks and hurls them.

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 04:12:17 AM »
i wouldn;t count marco out so quickly. in fact, i might out my money on him. from reading this books/narrations, marco seems the most intelliegent and cunning when it come to dealing with people and situations. i think he is also the most 'street smart' out of them. although tobias had it rough and tough, i don't think he is a street smart as marco, or as cunning.

so, these qualities would make marco win imo. cassie would go down first cuz shes way too much of a sentimental softy, her emotions could take over causing her to hesitate etc.

Jake is the wise leader, but like rachel, he can be a hothead at times and this is a flaw that could be exploited. jake excels in teamwork, that is, he makes his decisions based on the input of everyone elses. his decisions on its own aren't that great, it is with the input of the others that gets it modifed and becomes great. when alone, as an individual, he ain't all that. nowhere near marco's cunning intelligence.

Rachel i think would go down after cassie. sure, in a head on fight, shes like a bomb, a hurricane, and if the oppenent was the same way, and they were fighting in a ring no cheating, purely fire power vs fire power, then yeah, rachel could and probably would come out on top. but facing a cunning opponent like marco in a no rules anything goes battle, there is a significantly high chance that rachels temper and impatience would get the better of her and she would simply rush into the fight without thinking and someone like marco could set traps for this.

tobias, with his experience at being a predator, would be the other one out of them who is most likely to come out on top, besides marco. him and marco would make an interesting battle of wits and instincts and strategy. tobias, due to him living as a bird of prey, would be ever alert, on the guard, careful and able to spot the minor details in things easily. he would be a hard one to catch of guard.

but however, none of them is perfect. is we see, they all get into trouble at one point or another individually. it is when they work as a team that they overcome it. k.a has done a good job in having each of her characters complementing each others strengths and weaknesses.

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 05:21:49 AM »
but however, none of them is perfect. is we see, they all get into trouble at one point or another individually. it is when they work as a team that they overcome it. k.a has done a good job in having each of her characters complementing each others strengths and weaknesses.

so very true....

Offline Noah

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 01:47:58 PM »
"Alliances" inside the fight
These guys have been fighting against the Yeerks for a good 3 years. I would think that emotionalism would be a big thing a civil war. Examples; Ax wouldn't go for Jake if he could avoid it, Cassie and Jake would try to keep away from each other (or even work together), Rachel would probably go for either Jake or Marco first (because she has a score to settle with them), rather than Cassie or Tobias. Because of Tobias being a victim of bullying for years I think he would try to keep away from everyone.

Advantages/ Disadvantages
One of Jake's biggest advantages is that he understands everyone's strength's and weaknesses the best, from having to know and exploit them constantly. Marco, doesn't exactly have the best fighting morphs, but (I assume they could thought speak to each other) Marco could use his provoking nature to turn others against someone other than him. His ruthlessness could also come in handy. Cassie's got the knowledge of all the animals she's up against (not including Ax) so she would know something like, "bite hard behind their neck to paralyze them". She is also very underrated thus no one would go for her first (even without the emotional ties). Rachel, (some of you are probably going to hate me for this but,) I think would go down pretty fast on her own, evidence shows from the last book (stop reading if you haven't read #54 yet) that she couldn't handle about 5 battle-morphed Yeerks on her own.

Conclusion
Honestly, there are so many possibilities that could change during the fight, like whoever goes down first, the better friends of the fallen would probably go for the killer (ex. Rachel is killed by Marco, Tobias goes for Marco in vengeance). Contradictory from posts above me, I think Cassie might actually have a good chance on surviving a long time. Although a one on one fight with the opponent in good shape Cassie would probably lose.

So a possible outcome from all the factors, it might go something like this;
Rachel, Marco, Tobias, Cassie, Jake 

But hey, anything can happen in love and war.