Author Topic: The many unresolved "loose ends" of Animorphs...  (Read 11461 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: The many unresolved "loose ends" of Animorphs...
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »
I have to wonder if later on there may have been an expedition for the earth Horks to reclaim their planet, or if they just settled into permanent residence on Earth. I think most of the Horks would probably stay on Earth and their original planet would just become a fable or myth. I have to imagine Horks are not very long-lived, so once their seer was gone there really isn't much to motivate them to go home when there's plenty of bark in Yellowstone. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 06:07:24 PM »
It is likely that all andalites are descended from the ellimist: before him they didn't have thoughtspeak (this is possible population wise-major problem with the DaVinci code)
Maybe they could've made the hork-bajir smarter so that they wouldn't always rely on and need humans to protect them (teach a man to fish...)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »
It is likely that all andalites are descended from the ellimist: before him they didn't have thoughtspeak (this is possible population wise-major problem with the DaVinci code)
Maybe they could've made the hork-bajir smarter so that they wouldn't always rely on and need humans to protect them (teach a man to fish...)

There's only so much you can teach a Hork-Bajir, though. Limited brain ability. I mean...I can teach my dog a ton of tricks, but she's never going to start speaking English or playing my violin. You know?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 07:31:13 PM »
Even your average Hork is smarter than a dog, though. They do have speech, and they know how to work the things that seers invented. I still don't care to have them stay on Earth, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 10:21:37 AM »
what if you just genetically reengineer them? a la descolada virus.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 05:56:22 AM »
And people wonder why I was so pissed with the ending of the series ::)

any book that invested YEARS of my life should have WAY less loos ends than this. you should not have enough to make a list out of. It was just sloppy and unfair to her fans.

ranting aside, I really wish I knew how the others found out Elfangor was Tobias' dad, what happened to Mertil? what about Lauren, and how did Arbron survive all those years without being eaten? instead of writing all those stupid cassie books like her going off to the outback, KA could have spent time writing a better outline for the end to tie up all the loose ends.

Another thing that always really bugged me was the Ellimist chronicles never really explained much. and how can you explain the ellimist, but not crayak?
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »
I agree Estrid. With all the loose ends, and the Ellemist Chronicles. It didn't even mention the Time Matrix, which was one of the key things we knew about the guy early in the series. Then you have Crayak, whose methods in 26 kind of make sense, but then he just becomes something less interesting who wants to destroy life just because he can? And she just handwaves how Crayak came to the same state as the Ellemist, and why the Ellemist didn't imprison him or something before he even got the chance. I understand not going into the past to destroy Crayak before the Ellemist became entangled in the timestream, but to just sit there while Crayak finds a way to duplicate what happened to the Ellemist?

There are many things wrong with the ending, big and small. I just posted in another thread where someone wondered if she became out of touch with her fans near the end, and I said no doubt about it. At all.

16 things listed in that poll, and that's not even all of them!

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 07:59:35 PM »
good to know I amn't the only one who sees a problem with that. and I agree, she def seemed to be getting more and more out of touch as the series went on. Which is pretty ungrateful considering without her fanbase she is nothing. cuz you can publish all the books you want, but if no one buys them and/or reads them, what's the point? the least she coulda done was to keep up the dedication she had in the begining. the majority of their fans didn't lose the dedication to the series, why did she?
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »
Yeah I really want to know who was the one that was stronger than the Ellemist and the Crayak was. That always bothered me and I was sure we were going to meet him. On the other hand maybe K.A. was just referencing God when she said that.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47:02 PM »
what is that quote from? Are you guys talking about the Ellimist's pontificating at the end of the Ellimist Chronicles? Or is that in some other book?
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 09:15:12 PM »
In book 26 it's said that Crayak was banished from soemwhere else because of a being strong than him. I liked the crayak in book 26, bu KA has a habit of making some interesting characters and turning them uninteresting when we see them again later. It happened with Crayak, and Loren, and Arbron. I don't know why.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »
ohhhh okay, you're right. Interesting. I always like in sci-fi when our galaxy is like ridiculously more primitive than other galaxies out there. I just chalked that up to that, I think.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 09:40:45 PM »
also at the end of the book where jake is in the future (cant remember the #). that book was SO random. didn't really fit in if u think about it, cuz all of a sudden he wakes up and it was just a dream, no real basis for any of the future, and then you never find out who set Jake up for that

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 09:43:46 PM »
41. And why is it that in all the timelines Visser Three moves up? I mean, we know he had villain/badass decay, but maybe in universe KA was thinking he was as bad later in the series than he was in the first couple of books? That's a plothole right there. How messed up does the Council have to be to let this guy work his way up to Emporer?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
yeah I agree, Visser Three was a lot more compelling when he was under pressure than when he was *magically promoted*. And estrid, one of my biggest problems with the 40s in general is that EVERYTHING ended up as a fracking dream, including MM4 even though it's my favorite MM. :')