Author Topic: The many unresolved "loose ends" of Animorphs...  (Read 11460 times)

Offline dolphin4077

Re: The many unresolved "loose ends" of Animorphs...
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 12:52:05 AM »
I want to know what happened to Alloran after the war.  What was the reunion like with his wife and kids?

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 01:22:56 AM »
All of these things, such as never seeing Tobias tell the others about his family, not seeing what happened to Alloran, not getting answers to half the questions raised leads me to the conclusion that as good as Animorphs was at setting things up, it was terrible at resolving them.

Maybe if more time had been put toward resolving unanswered questions and less toward how best to destroy every relationship, accomplishment (other than ending the war), and goal in the series, that wouldn't have happened.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »
I would have liked to see what everyone thought of Alloran too. His wife and whatever family he had. All the soldiers who had seen his face and had been told that this guy was Visser Three. You just know he would walk into a room, and any soldier who had seen Visser Three would flinch.

KA was great at coming up with an idea, but bad at resolving it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »
I really want to know how Tobias told the others. I imagine they were all shocked!
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline skyflyerjen

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 12:11:04 AM »
-What ever came of the Hork-Bajir colony?  It was NEVER mentioned again, was it?
-What was Jake’s decision at the end of #41?  (INTERESTING CHOICE…)
-What did Rachel do with David the rat? (“I’m one of the good guys.”)
-What ever came of the Iskoort?  Why were they never mentioned again?  Their existence proved so huge to the Animorphs, but nothing ever came of it.

Also, can anyone explain why Cassie said “Thanks, James,” when a red-tailed hawk flew by the train in Ax’s last book?  Was that a mistake or did she recruit him to pose as a hawk to spy on Ax?
K.A  MUST have been pressured to get those last few books done quickly.  I hadn’t realized just how many unanswered questions there were.

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 12:33:20 AM »
-What ever came of the Hork-Bajir colony?  It was NEVER mentioned again, was it?

I can answer your first question it mentions in the last book that the Hork-Bajir were given refuge at Yellowstone Park (I know cheesy). That's also where Jake asks Cassie about the suicidal rescue mission.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »
You know James has a Red Tailed Hawk morph, right? I think he swooped by to help out some way, then flew off to help elsewhere, and Cassie said thanks. Ax thought it was Tobias, and questioned to himself why Tobias came by and didn't say anything. Then Cassie mentioned James.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
Why was that red tailed hawk James instead of Tobias? 

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 04:19:06 PM »
The One was definitely the biggest unresolved plot point for me.  Him, and the Kelbrid race.  I think that book would have been so much more meaningful if its cliffhanger had been a face-off against some known enemy.  Bringing in new baddies right before the end just feels . . . anticlimactic.  You know?  KA could have at least given us more than simply the name "Kelbrid" and a brief look at the One.

I've never bought the idea that the One had anything to do with Ellimist and Crayak's game.  If he did, don't you think he would have had a stronger influence on them before this?  Besides just a (possible) mention in #41 (if that was even him)?

Lol, nice pic, anijen.

WHO were the Ellimist's Andalite descendants? Was this important?

To be honest, I've never even thought about the fruits of the Ellimist's stay on the Andalite homeworld.  But that is a very interesting question.  I'd be willing to put some money down that Elfangor, Ax, and Seerow were all part of the Ellimist's bloodline.  Which would explain why he had such an interest in Elfangor, Tobias, and Jara Hamee and his family (who is descended from Seerow, let's not forget).

Somebody needs to write a fanfic about this.

Well, I sorta did/am doing that... I'll find the link then put it here.

http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1596.0.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 04:20:58 PM by adamjared »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
Why was that red tailed hawk James instead of Tobias? 

I don't know. I believe it ties in with the current plot/subplot, but I don't remember the book too well.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
omg! i have got to read that story! thanx peepos!
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 11:22:21 PM »
I too have never thought of the One as anything to do with Crayak or Ellimist. I thought maybe the One was another powerful single entity who is somehow allied with the Kelbrid.

BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if somehow, the Crayak began as a parasitic species?
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 11:57:10 PM »
That would seem like overdoing it, I think.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 01:00:11 AM »
Also, how effective was the arn made Hork-bajir resistance in book 34?
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
That's a big question for me. What about the resistance? Did Toby just forget about it, or did any of the Earth Horks do anything else about it? Is Earth really a suitable place for a species designed to groom thousand foot tall trees?

Ani-Master 2014!