Author Topic: QUESTION about The One.  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Aleron

• Thunder and Lightning
QUESTION about The One.
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
Do you think the One can absorb/assimilate Chee?

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: QUESTION about The One.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
probably.
i wish ka would finish the series.. *sigh*

esplin

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »
We have so little info on The One, But Im betting he can.

Offline Arbron

• you are human, tobias...
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:38:03 PM »
yeah, really hope applegate finish the story... how long they fight with the one? will the win? no one knows, it'll always be a mystery for us

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »
He works within the space-time thing, as Ellimist/Craya, the other "Big Bad" do, so biology probably isn't a barrier to him.  The Chee are sentient, that's probably enough.  If he can absorb minds themselves, he can probably control electronic circuitry.
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

Offline Early

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
But are the Chee sentient or just very cleverly programmed?  I'd say no, Chee cannot be assimilated.  That'd be like the One absorbing a ship or a building. 

I think he can only take biological mass and absorb it.  Sort of like morphing, but instead of becoming the animal, the animal becoming another part of you.  Constantly there, slave to a hive mind where the One is the queen and physically part of his biological mass.  The animorphs can't morph objects.  (except clothing which I always had a problem with.  They shouldn't be able to do that, though it was convenient)

I also, sorry Chimi, don't believe he works on the 4th dimensional(?) level. 

TBH, I personally always thought that the worl-emcompassing creature, "Father", from the Ellimist Chronicles had to have come from somewhere.  Perhaps spores shoot out from a planet or decend froman asteroid and where those land, a creature grows and takes the planet if they are not stopped.

I believe that The One is one of those creatures who is unaware that he is not the only of his kind and has managed to break free from his planet.  On the way, he gained the morphing ability either from an escafil device or a naturally morphing alien or something.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:18:46 PM by Early »

"Something witty and compelling in quotation marks... Heck, why not, it rhymes too."