Author Topic: Fan game  (Read 1786 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Fan game
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:06:22 PM »
Not quite sure where to put this...so I just put it here, since it was fan-related

Now, before you people get your hopes too high, this is not a video game or computer game or anything like that. It's a board/card game that's drawn on microsoft excel, and would need to be printed before playing it.

If any of you are a member of Truth's Hirac-delest forum, there's a chance you already know what it is (because I posted it there before), so you can skip most of the introductory.

I was bored one day, and was looking through the hirac-delest website, mainly the official animorphs board game and the official animorphs card game, and I thought "wouldn't it be great if the two could combine into a single game?" And so I did, as well as adding some things from other games, and some of my own original ideas.

I haven't figured out all of the rules just yet. There are some rules I know exactly how i want to do it. there are some rules that I'm switching back and forth trying to decide which one is better. and there are some rules I have no idea how to do just yet.

Basic idea of the game (which I might change):
you play one of the animorphs. You move around the game board, and when you get a mission card, you have to complete it before getting another one. get info cards on how to complete a mission, cuz once you start a mission, you can't back out or you die (well not really die. haven't figured out how the character "dies" just yet). two or more players can team up together to complete a mission. You'll face controllers (controller cards) so you'll have to morph so there are morph cards. Between missions, events could happen. those are described on the event cards. You can also pick up alien technology cards that help you (in a way I haven't figure out yet) And I haven't completely figured out what, but after you complete something...you can go to the Egs tower. The first person to destroy the kandrona wins.

The battling goes like this (this I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna change):
You have Strengh (Sr) which is your attack power. You have Armor (AR) which is your defense power. You have speed (SP). You have Stamina (ST) which is your life points. You have stealth (SL).
Battle is as follows. you attack first. If your strength is greater than the controller's armor, the difference comes out of the controller's stamina. If strength equals armor, nothing happens. If strength is weaker than armor, the difference comes out of your stamina. Speed and stealth can help change your attack and defense.
You have a certain amount of speed. That's the max you can use. However, you can use less than that. However much you use, multiply that by your strength to get your total strength. Be careful not to take too much, though. However much you use, a tenth of that comes out of your stamina. at the end of your attack, your strength drops back to its original amount.
Stealth works in very much the same way. The difference is, however much you use is added to the strength. And however much you use, it doesn't come out of your stamina.
speed and stealth can also be used to your armor in the same way (multiply for speed, add for stealth).
after your attack, the controller attacks.
two or more controllers can attack you at the same time. and most likely will. so it's better to fight them with someone else.
It is also possible for two animorphs to fight each other (though why in the world you would want to, I have no clue).
If you win the battle, you proceed. If you lose, you are captured.

Morphing (which I could very likely change):
At the start of the game, the animals are divided into piles depending on their (or one of thier) habitats (of course, some animals' natural habitats aren't even near the city the animorphs live in, but nothing I can do about that) indicated by the color of the cards. There are special places (like the gardens and cassie's barn) where you can acquire animals. There are also random places where you can acquire animals that pass by. In any case, when you land on the space, search through the correct pile, and choose an animal you want to acquire (you can only acquire one animal at a time, unless you're cassie). How many turns you have to wait to finish acquiring it is indicated by how many stars it has. After you acquire it, you can morph it. It takes 2 turns to finish morphing. After finish morphing, you have to demorph withing 8 turns (two hours). demorphing also takes 2 turns. when morphing or demorphing, you're vulnerable to attack by a controller, so be careful where you morph.

Missions (I haven't even finished coming up with the rules for this):
Somehow, you get a mission card which tells you basic info about your mission (like location of where the mission is to take place, and how long you have to prepare for it). There are also other requirements you'd have to fulfill, to complete this. To find out what, you go to Information centers, where you get a random fact for a mission (though not necessarily your mission). Once time is up (or you could go do it even earlier) you have to go do your mission. If you complete the mission, you get something that acts as a sort of key to allowing you to get into the EGS tower. If you fail to complete the mission, you are captured. Any info you get from doing, preparing or completing your mission, you can keep to yourself.

Capture (just need one last part to finish this rule, which I might change):
Failing to complete a mission, losing a battle, and maybe some other things which I haven't decided, you get captured by the yeerks. if that happens, you're taken to the yeerk pool complex, and you have 20 turns to wait for someone to rescue you. to rescue an animorphs that's been captured, you have to enter the yeerk pool complex, and manage to come out. there are things down there to prevent that, though.

There are also some other things I might've forgot to mention, haven't figured out yet, or wasn't clear about. You can ask me questions about it.

The main point of this thread is, I'd like a little help with ideas. Mainly ideas for the rules, and more animals you can morph.

Link to downloading the file for the game: http://www.mediafire.com/?zslwhwyk3pc
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:52:00 AM by morfowt »

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Fan game
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »
You said that stealth brings up strength, but I think you meant armor, right? Speed brings up strength, and stealth brings up armor.

It seems like a nice game. I don't go to Hirac Delest, so I didn't know there was a card or board game there. I may not be able to play, if I have to download something, though. I've got the old, slow computer and haven't gotten a replacement yet. Money doesn't grow on trees, and I have more important expenses to pay.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:31:50 AM »
uh no, speed and stealth can both bring up both strength and armor. Stealth can bring up strength (like sneak attacks) and speed can bring up armor (dodging) as well.

Well actually there isn't. It's just pictures of them, as well as the rulebook.

Eh, you don't have to download. the point of this thread is, I'm a little stuck on ideas and rules.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 07:40:42 AM »
About the capture thing. Let's say you have a number of choices. Depending on the scenario, one choice will end in success, one will end in a draw, and one will end in a capture. If you choose wrong, you'll either be delayed by a draw or captured.

As for morphing, does it means you need to start demorphing in turn six to finish by turn eight?

The mission key to getting to the tower could be an indicator telling you which location you should go next. You go to the next location, and pick up a mission there. Then keep going.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 07:46:51 AM »
About the capture thing. Let's say you have a number of choices. Depending on the scenario, one choice will end in success, one will end in a draw, and one will end in a capture. If you choose wrong, you'll either be delayed by a draw or captured.
I'm not so sure about draw. I hardly recall any battle in the animorphs series ending in a draw. the way you write that, it seems like you're given a question.

As for morphing, does it means you need to start demorphing in turn six to finish by turn eight?
no. You know, how in the series, even though they're like seconds from the two hour limit, they still demorph in time? either, way, after eight turns, you have to start demorphing. you can also start demorphing earlier just in case. Cuz it's possible for you to forget to demorph and be stuck in morph.

The mission key to getting to the tower could be an indicator telling you which location you should go next. You go to the next location, and pick up a mission there. Then keep going.
Nah. I kinda want players to choose when they get another mission card. The only way to prepare for a mission is with info cards, and it could be a while (long after time is up) before you get the info card you need. I'd rather have them collect something, and when they have enough of those, to be able to enter the tower.

I kinda changed some info up there. again, all info has a possibility of changing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:52:51 AM by morfowt »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 07:55:12 AM »
Well, those are all the ideas for now. You don't remember any draws? Have you not read 26: The Attack? Draws can happen. It's not always win or lose.

Okay, one last idea. When going down to rescue an animorph, you could have to fight Visser Three. Or maybe even fight Visser Three before being able to destroy the kandrona.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
Uh...I used the word "hardly", not "not at all".

Yes, fighting visser three is likely. you may even have to fight the blade ship...however, there are certain ways to prevent fighting a certain type of controller, listed on the cards.