Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95335 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #1140 on: June 18, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
This RP needs a push. We're dead in the water.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1141 on: June 19, 2014, 02:00:56 AM »
I know Chad, but I don't know what else to do.  There's action all around but the person whose character is supposed to be running the mission has vanished again and I'm at a loss.  I'm tired of fighting with peoples' lack of desire/caring for the RP.  I've tried to keep people motivated by talking to them, sending PM's, making the RP fun and exciting and action-packed...nothing seems to work.  The fact of the matter is, key players don't want to post.  If they wanted to, they'd be able to find the time to do so at least once a week, it's honestly not that hard.  I work a full-time schedule and am in a relationship now, so I have things going on now, yet I have no trouble checking RAF every day.  It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, no matter how busy someone is, to check/post just once per week.  It's obvious that this RP isn't even in the back-seat for several people anymore...I'm lucky if it's even in the trunk to be honest.

If you have any ideas, please voice them.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:09:08 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1142 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
If Myitt, Terenia, and Marie can't manage to RP with us, I honestly don't think there's much point in having the rebel characters around. Especially if they see this as alternate universe anyway. I wonder if maybe we should start over with just our own original characters. I don't know. I do want to RP with Claxter, and I like where this story is going so far.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1143 on: June 19, 2014, 08:10:25 AM »
Hey wait a minute guys....

Those three might not want to post....but we actually do. We like the world and characters that you created, and for years on RAF we've been wanting to intermingle our own characters with you as well. As we once did to great effect. We've, at least, been waiting for the other three to respond, checking the main rounds, this entire time. ...trouble is, we were never quite the main players in Rogue Element.

~Essentially....to summarize: If you do choose to start something new, please bring us along. I wish to meet again with an old friend, and would do so once a week.

One last thing....

The fact of the matter is, key players don't want to post.  If they wanted to, they'd be able to find the time to do so at least once a week, it's honestly not that hard.  I work a full-time schedule and am in a relationship now, so I have things going on now, yet I have no trouble checking RAF every day.  It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, no matter how busy someone is, to check/post just once per week.

*Warning: Somewhat Personal Discussion*

I am now twenty-five years old, and I don't want to live in my parents' house anymore. I want to become a  lawyer who advocates for people with disabilities in America. I'm not sure what Mar really wants (He send me mixed messages) but he seems to support my endeavor. To do that I can't just sit around--- I have to bust my ass. That's why I agreed to take on actual cases for nothing in the school's Disability Law Clinic. That's why I'm desperately trying to get an unpaid job I'll only hold for a month and a half.

What this means is that, one day, I might not be able to play the "Game of Lies" anymore--- Even with my best friend. I might have to play even regular old video games only in brief spurts of time. I'm already reading and writing notes on a hundred pages of dense material a day, and sending out five to six job applications a day(This should really be ten). This is only going to get worse during Clinic, when I must juggle true legal briefs and graduate work at the same time.

The reality of it is.....I am aging. .....and I cannot pretend as if the passing of Time changes nothing at all. It does not change what I love so much as my ability to do it. I must follow it or fall. 

I'm not complaining or making excuses so much as stating the truth. If we do it again, together, we need to do it with no limits that we don't decide on jointly. ....I'm not sure lightning can strike twice, but the playful and youthful side of my nature really wants it to. We both love you still. :}

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:33:24 AM by Shenmue654 »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1144 on: June 19, 2014, 07:03:12 PM »
Hmm....this idea sort of hinges on the rebellion and their involvement...so I don't know how we'd do a rehash exactly.  Kells, I wasn't actually referring to you, Chad named those to whom I was referring.  I know you haven't unfortunately had a chance for Kess to be terribly involved...this has to do with the history between him/her and Ossanlin.  I want you to be involved, I just wasn't sure how to get that done in a character-appropriate manner....perhaps injuries could happen on the away mission...perhaps the team could get trapped or pinned down...perhaps Keshin could come to the rescue and thus earn some trust...what do you think?

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1145 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »
Dude, I knew it wasn't about me this time. ;)

You guys were talking about ending the Roleplay for good (And if you do I wanna come and be part of the new one :P), and also making statements about why people never seemed to have enough time. I did get mildly put off by the latter (Enough to ramble personally XD; --- Probably proof that I should never post anything before the third cup of coffee), but to some extent for the sake of the others too.

Nobody has time anymore, for the most part--- And what I'm saying is...that's because we're all older and different. It's not because we don't want to, or because we forgot about our friends (At least....Mar and I didn't), or any of that. It's because the priorities of people in their late twenties and thirties are inherently different than the priorities of a bunch of college students. Even back then, my best friend took priority over this place. Now, most of the time, she is all I have time for.

I think it's the same with the others, and that's why I said that whole spiel. :/

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1146 on: June 19, 2014, 07:39:11 PM »
And yet the only experience I have to draw upon is my own.  I'm 29, Kells.  I work full-time, I'm in a relationship, and I can still check RAF every single day.  Sometimes and many times more than once.  So I don't understand how people aren't able to find half an hour once per week to have fun and spend time with old friends (in a manner of speaking).  The only conclusion I can draw is that it's not fun for them and they no longer have any desire to check RAF regularly.  That's all that I was saying.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1147 on: June 19, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
....I know, and I think that you're wrong. At least in our case. And so if it's the case in ours, it might be the case in theirs as well. ...if you do happen to read that rant of mine, you'll get the picture of what I'm about to be in for.

Again, I think it has less to do with them losing the desire to check RAF regularly, and more that the free time and energy that they once had to check it does not exist. RAF hasn't changed positions on the priority list so much as that list has gotten a lot, lot longer than it was. Much more important priorities have appeared.

~...you must stop implying that people have forgotten, as I have not. Not once. It is possible that that alchemy cannot come again. I have mentioned as much. We have tried various methods, but all of them rely upon the existence of the other individuals. You cannot force what is not there. What I am saying is...

If we wish for post frequency of the kind that once existed, we must build it upon another basis than that of the rebellion.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:00:43 PM by Shenmue654 »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1148 on: June 20, 2014, 12:48:59 AM »
I did read your post Kells.  You are much too important a person(s) to me to skim over.  And once again, I wasn't really referring to you.  I understand you're busy, but you are one of those who actually does check RAF quite often.  I am not including you in that statement.  I have a feeling that those three are still engaged in their own personal RP on a daily basis.  That's their choice.  I just wish that their choices included us.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:52:28 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1149 on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:11 AM »
I would feel hurt if they were actually RPing together without us too.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1150 on: June 20, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
I'm not sure whether they are or aren't, but that Roleplay they have is...it's like my own. The universe I've been developing for ten years. I don't include you guys in that place beyond individual characters (Granted I want to XD), so I couldn't blame them for the existence of it. Blame...isn't the right approach here. :(

Anyway, I have to cross to school like right now. I'll go into more detail when I get over there. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:29:33 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1151 on: June 20, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Okay, I'm back.

We've talked it over, and it's pretty clear that neither of us has a plan for what to do. Other than "Something other than what we've been doing--- This isn't working in the long term." Mar seems bizarrely determined to do something, so I'm going to follow him to wherever he plans to go with this. And by extension, wherever you guys want to go.

I'm in for whatever comes next in RA, or elsewhere. <3

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1152 on: June 20, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Thanks Shen. I'm sorry I kind of abandoned the Bar. How are things going over there, anyway.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1153 on: June 20, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
Badly. Even though at the time we rebooted I emphasized who was there, we're still facing this same situation where we're relying on players, characters, and relationships that are inconsistent or missing in the modern era. Granted I could just reply to Oss rather than doing all characters at once. ;}

Best Tactic/Opinion: Nothing and nobody is really "responsible" for the semi-decline of RAF Roleplaying but Time. It's happened in the past (Apparently), and maybe someday (Or now, with different players) it'll come back. :}

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1154 on: June 22, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
Okay.

Hi.

Coming from the void that is my presence. A couple of things.

1) RAF long ago fell to the bottom of my list of sites I check every day out of sheer necessity. I made a request awhile ago for someone (anyone!) to PM me when they had desperate need of my characters so that I could make an effort to keep up with this rp, at the least. I hadn't received any messages, so I assumed that everything was stagnant on all sides.

2) I have three jobs, pushing a fourth. I'm sorry I can't dedicate more time to this rp. I enjoy it, I really do. I love these characters, and I love them interacting with the Andalites/etc. Summer is, by far, my busiest time, which is why you've seen such a huge decline in my posting. My work schedule suddenly shot through the roof with busyness.

Okay, so I can promise to do better and try harder, but I'm afraid that given the number of responsibilities I have offline I'll continue to disappoint you guys. To make things more complicated, Tara and I are leaving the country next week and will be gone for most of July with little to no internet access.

So...let me know how you would like me to proceed. I can put my characters in a position where they're reasonably incapacitated for the time being and try to rejoin the action in August when things begin to die down. In the meantime you can feel free to 'Yeerk' any of my non-incapacitated characters as needed. Or, we can drop me and my characters as a part of the rp altogether.

I want to do what's best for this rp, so please advise.

And if I don't respond, please PM me.

P.S. I just downloaded an app that will let me actually use RAF from my phone. Hopefully that will help too. Sorry for sucking so much, guys.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:45:15 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013