Author Topic: Which race seems most cliched?  (Read 6415 times)

Offline Gafrash

Re: Which race seems most cliched?
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2008, 09:37:53 PM »
I reckon CounterInstinct was right, the Yeerks most likely have Andalites on their sides. Like the case in #18: The Decision. All throughout the book only one Andalite is stated to be a Controller. A handful of Andalites may have been forcefully or voluntarily offered services in return for some sort of mercy, not realizing that the Yeerks would never spare them.

On that note, Azguard, I, too, always wonder what happened to the Andalite traitors in that story. And also to Gonrod and Estrid. Did they ever make it home and reveal their mission to the Andalite people?

I always thought the Yeerk’s Homeworld was guarded by the Andalites. Both these Homeworlds would have been their top priorities to guard. The Yeerks that first made it out, now have the number of worlds they’ve succeeded in conquering, but not their Homeworld.

Dameg, yeah, Ax NEVER morphed any creature from the Andalite Homeworld. Nor did he mention he had any. Could the day they lost above the Earth’s atmosphere been like his very first day in the military?! Even so, why doesn’t he have his practice morph, like the kafit bird??? Curious.

More to the point, Andalites are meant to be spies, and little of this faculty is highlighted in the few Andalite references we’ve read.

Can’t blame the authors with all these errors. It’s hard to not have all these K.A.S.U.’s with all the Ghostwriters that were enlisted to fill in…

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: Which race seems most cliched?
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2008, 11:42:52 PM »
ax morph: maybe because of the new war situation with the Empire, the Andalite training has been either cut back, scaled down, or degraded.

Yeerk Homeworld: as for the Yeerk homeworld, my theory was that at first it was blockaded by the Andalite Fleet, but somewhere along the line it was liberated, increasing Yeerk forces, spreading Andalite military might, and thus delaying both the hope of an Andalite rescue, as well as shuffling Andalite priorities (like making battling over the Yeerk Homeworld the #1 priority and pushing back rescuing Earth to #2, or even #3 behind the Anati situation).
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?