Author Topic: Any word on more Animorph books?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline TheFearlessLeader

Re: Any word on more Animorph books?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »
O yeah Tobias! Lol how did I forget him? Duh....ok well he gets over the loss of Rachel and meets a female Andalite who likes to morph to a human form. This form is similar in looks to Rachel, and the two have a great connection with each other. They begin to fall in love and the Andalite finds a red-tailed hawk morph of a female. So she gets trapped in it for him and they live together happily ever after. Better?
I went to the window and looked up at the stars. Somewhere up there, around one of those
cold, twinkling stars, was the Andalite home world. Somewhere up there was . . . hope.

<They'll come,> Tobias said. <The Andalites will come. And until then . . . >

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Yeah," I said. "Until then, we fight."

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »
Wouldn't it be better for him to go permanent Andalite, or both to go permanent Human? Hawks don't live very long at ALL.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline TheFearlessLeader

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »
Well that depends. What are the rules? He has lived 6 years in hawk form. Does it then go by human years? I can't remember. Either way, yea if they could both go human or andalite I would think that would work, but I just like the idea of being a hawk. Hehe.
I went to the window and looked up at the stars. Somewhere up there, around one of those
cold, twinkling stars, was the Andalite home world. Somewhere up there was . . . hope.

<They'll come,> Tobias said. <The Andalites will come. And until then . . . >

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Yeah," I said. "Until then, we fight."

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »
Hawks live between 7 and 35 years, depending on their environments and their ability to catch food.
A six-year-old hawk is already an adult, and a twelve-year-old hawk is OLD. 35 is a rarity, reserved for captive birds.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »
I always really wanted to know what happened to the Animorphs' parents, even just a quick paragraph.  They just disappear after the end of the war, apparently.  And for that matter, a bit more about what happened to the Yeerks.  At least Aftran, come on, did anyone go and visit her or was she stuck talking to whales the rest of her life?  I'm sure whales are fascinating conversationalists but to someone who went through a war and, I dunno, knows mathematics....booo ooo-ring  ;D

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
I think one of the simplest things would be Cassie digging up the Time Matrix, and going back in time to a certain point and changing things. Like maybe keep Eric from draining the pool ship's weapons.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 05:55:14 PM »
Why not go back in time, make a wax dummy of Rachel, replace it with REAL Rachel, and save her? Mme. Tussaud could SO pull that off!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »
uh...I don't know why, but it was mentioned in #11 that there can't be two of the same person at the same time. if there are, they'd eliminate each other. in #11, the sario rip kept that in check, and in #32...I guess they were killing each other. I don't know about #32...

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 06:57:42 PM »
uh...I don't know why, but it was mentioned in #11 that there can't be two of the same person at the same time. if there are, they'd eliminate each other. in #11, the sario rip kept that in check, and in #32...I guess they were killing each other. I don't know about #32...

In #32 they morphed each other. It wasn't explained in-depth.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »
I'm talking about how there were two rachels at the same time. not about how they joined together.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:42 PM »
There were two Rachel's at the same time because the starfish was split in half and then regenerated itself so that there were two starfish that were both Rachel. They both demorphed and BOOM! Two Rachel's.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »
*slaps forehead. sighs.* this is gonna be a long day.

it was mentioned in #11 that there can't be two of the same person at the same time. if there are, they'd eliminate each other.
I'm saying how can there be two raches at the same time if they aren't in a sario rip? I know perfectly well what happened in the book. I'm saying how can they exist if two of the same person at the same time eliminate each other.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
*slaps forehead. sighs.* this is gonna be a long day.

it was mentioned in #11 that there can't be two of the same person at the same time. if there are, they'd eliminate each other.
I'm saying how can there be two raches at the same time if they aren't in a sario rip? I know perfectly well what happened in the book. I'm saying how can they exist if two of the same person at the same time eliminate each other.
They're basically twins. Vey much alike, but not exactly. They have different minds for one thing.

Nonetheless, it is a strange book.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 09:45:10 AM »
I don't understand why people hate #32. It was kind of a drag to read as a kid, but now it's probably one of my favorites.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »
The Sario Rip two-in-one-place problem ISN'T about PHYSICAL MATTER, although it WOULD break the laws of conservation of matter...anyway, it is about CONSCIOUSNESS. The brain is forced to operate simultaneously in two places at once, and the brain CANNOT handle that. It eventually eliminates whatever is obstructing its own function, generally the other half of itself.

Rachel's consciousness was not one-in-two-places, it was one-cut-in-half-to-make-two-separates. Neither half was forced to work alongside the other, so both could exist. All the extra matter to make the second body probably came from one of her other morphs, floating out in Z-space, so it didn't break any laws of physics.

Plausible enough, in the universe of Animorphs.