Author Topic: Rachel's mom instead of Marco's dad.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Rachel's mom instead of Marco's dad.
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »
I believe Applegate was originally going to have Rachel's mom remarry instead of Marco's dad, but changed her mind. In Megamorphs 2, Rachel mentions to Tobias that her mom is planning to remarry. This is because Tobias mentions dates, and Rachel doesn't realize he means the edible kind.

But Applegate changed her mind, likely because Marco's dad getting married again would cause more drama/be more interesting. It never mattered to me either way, but I found it odd that Rachel would mention that, but I don't recall her mom doing anything. Then Marco starts talking about his dad dating, and I'm like "Did Applegate change her mind or something?".

Who agrees?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Rachel's mom instead of Marco's dad.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:23:03 AM »
hmm. that's interesting. I never really noticed that until now, but it's kinda interesting.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
Good observation, but I believe Rachel said that her mum was thinking of dating again, which is still a way off marrying again. Even so, I guess it's possible that KA was hinting at something there but later changed her mind. Probably because (like you said) it's a lot more dramatic for Marco's dad to remarry, but also because Rachel already had a lot of drama in her personal life (eg. dating a talking bird).
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline UEDfleet

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:55:50 AM »
wow.... how do you notice these things? (no offense)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »
wow.... how do you notice these things? (no offense)
I read every single book obsessively. Unfortunately, many memories have become shrouded with time.

There are ebooks for referencng, though. One day I will get around to downloading all ebooks onto my computer. In case something happens to this site. Scholastics might come one day and order Richard to delete them, or something.

Ani-Master 2014!