Author Topic: Sentences you'll never forget  (Read 30383 times)

NateSean

Re: Sentences you'll never forget
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »
So here is my question again: Why is she so much against Animorphs?

She doesn't order her Happy Meals with "extra happy" does she?

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »

She doesn't order her Happy Meals with "extra happy" does she?

i doubt she even goes to mcdonalds, i'll ask if she goes to mcdonalds
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2010, 01:14:51 AM »
the first 2 pages are so captivating tho!
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »
just read 2 books this eekend and now these a few sentences are stuck in my head

if only you weren't such a harsh person Rachel...
i was smarter tha any of you...

<...But there were a lot who didn't make it,Mr Carpenter Jake,Richard.Emily and Lewis lost their dad>
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »
I'm not sure where exactly this is or why I've remembered it when I've forgotten so many other things about the books, but (I think it's at the beginning of one of the books) there's this one scene where Marco and Jake are arguing over whether or not a food can taste like a color.  Or maybe it just talks about that argument.  It's so awesome because, on the one hand, it's completely ridiculous, but if you start thinking about too much you start wonder if you're doing things like changing your sense of taste because of expectation from visual stimuli.

Of course there are some reasons things do taste like colors.  We have pretty generic pairings of artificial flavor and color.  Also, if you're in need of a particular amino acid, foods of the appropriate color with all sound very appealing to you, even if their taste is pretty dissimilar (i.e. tomatoes and strawberries).

But mostly that argument is awesome!

me and my friend always have totally random argumets,once we argued over a pencil,about if harry potter is better or animorphs(she is totally against animorphs)

IDK she said she read 2 pages of the book and got so bored,but it's only 2 pages,you need to read like at least a few chapters and i find the first few chapters of harry potter boring.
lol She can't judge after only 2 pages ^^' Tell her that if she wants to criticize Animorphs, she should read at least one volume. Not less. The best would be even the entire series, but... at least one volume. Before she does that, she can't really judge the story. Try that ;)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »
While we're off-topic, my friend just hates them. But I'll give her this much: she read the first book and started the second. She thinks they're terrible.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »
"Heeeelp meeee! Heeelp me!!!!"

Post Merged: December 14, 2010, 03:55:30 AM
Quote from:  #26, The Attack
"What is this, Planet of the Salesmen?" Marco demanded. "Back off! All
of you, back off!"

"Man, I thought there were a lot of salespeople at Nordstrom's, but this
is nuts. I'll take care of this. I know how to get rid of pushy
salespeople." Rachel stepped out front, hands on her

hips. "We're just here to use the bathroom. Can you tell me where the
ladies' room is?"

The Iskoort stared, goggle-eyed. Several of them wandered away. The
others continued staring at us, waiting to see if we'd loosen up and do
some business.

I looked at Cassie and we both sighed at the same time.

Cassie jumped into my arms and I wrapped her up tight and before I knew
it I was kissing her on her lips and she was kissing me back.

"It's about time," Rachel grumbled.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:28:30 AM by Santa Bear »

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »
I'm not sure where exactly this is or why I've remembered it when I've forgotten so many other things about the books, but (I think it's at the beginning of one of the books) there's this one scene where Marco and Jake are arguing over whether or not a food can taste like a color.  Or maybe it just talks about that argument.  It's so awesome because, on the one hand, it's completely ridiculous, but if you start thinking about too much you start wonder if you're doing things like changing your sense of taste because of expectation from visual stimuli.

Of course there are some reasons things do taste like colors.  We have pretty generic pairings of artificial flavor and color.  Also, if you're in need of a particular amino acid, foods of the appropriate color with all sound very appealing to you, even if their taste is pretty dissimilar (i.e. tomatoes and strawberries).

But mostly that argument is awesome!

me and my friend always have totally random argumets,once we argued over a pencil,about if harry potter is better or animorphs(she is totally against animorphs)

IDK she said she read 2 pages of the book and got so bored,but it's only 2 pages,you need to read like at least a few chapters and i find the first few chapters of harry potter boring.
lol She can't judge after only 2 pages ^^' Tell her that if she wants to criticize Animorphs, she should read at least one volume. Not less. The best would be even the entire series, but... at least one volume. Before she does that, she can't really judge the story. Try that ;)

i tried
using the madeup name for my friends
nicky:...but it's boring,i fell asleep reading it
me:you barly read any,you can't like a book if you only read 2 pages,i find the first few chapters of harry potter boring
nicky:harry potter is the best
(milinda joins)milinda:hey guys
me:milinda,nicky hates animorph and she only read like 2 pages
milinda:nicky,that is getting reallly mean
nicky:but it's boring
me:it's not
nicky:it is
me:it's not

also...
(talking about what we belive in)
me:it will be cool if the ellimist is real
nicky:what's an  ellimist?
me:...well...this creature from animorphs that is almost all powerful,and fights with the crayack which is the oppsite version...
nicky:then i like it,the crayack wipes out the animorphs

luckily,i convinced nicky's best friend to read animorphs,but she's finishing the prophet of yonwood and will read the invasion after.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »
Defintly the trash cans bit (lol) and that bit in Time of the Dino's when the T-Rex dies and they make shoes out of it :P oh AND that bit where they can't morph the dinos anymore when they get back.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2010, 05:00:03 AM »
@Yunyun: I see ^^' I also have hard time to make other people try things I like (TVshows, books...) They usually don't want to give a try.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »
Quote from: Megamorphs 4, Back to Before
"Ah. When will I receive ree-seeeve the cookies-zuh? They are delicious, mmm-mmm."
"Well, to tell you the truth, the nurses don't want you around at cookie time. You made quite a scene yesterday."
This was disturbing news. "No cookies?"
He shook his head back and forth and looked at me with his two small eyes located on the front of his face. "No cookies."
"Then I must go elsewhere in search of cookies," I said. "The cookies formed by two thin, round, black discs with a layer of adhesive white substance between them are the finest accomplishment of your species!"
"My species?"
I had made a mistake. I had allowed my agitation over the cookies to cause me to be careless. This was not the time to reveal myself. Humans use their mouths for eating — much as the Blue Blade — which I learned the humans call a shark. But humans possess an incredible sense that goes beyond anything the shark could boast: taste. Taste! And such tastes! Cigarette butts, baloney sandwiches, grape juice, Vaseline, and best of all, the indescribably vibrant, mind-altering, overwhelming taste of cookies!
Especially the cookies formed by two thin, round, black discs with a layer of adhesive white substance between. Someday I hope my fellow Andalites will be able to visit Earth and morph to human simply for the intense pleasure to be had from eating cookies with a mouth. "I meant our species."
"You said your species."
"Evidently I am insane. May I go now?"
The human raised his hands vertically and said, "Why me, Lord? Why?"
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline kcool12

« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »
Honestly, there are so many good, inspiring quotes from the whole series. But I felt that the ones always at the end of the book were the most powerful. Ex: In the Capture at the very end when Jake half morphs a wolf and calls Tom, Cassie (or rachel) says "Do you think he heard you?" and Jake says "He heard." and then the book ends. Its things like that, that carry a lot of emotion from the books on them  :logo:

Offline rachel91

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2011, 05:58:56 AM »
paraphrasing and not sure of anyone added these:

Tobias ~ 33
Go away, little boy. The hawk understood because it understood nothing. Go away.

Rachel ~ 54
To the ellimist.
"Did I matter?"
"Yes, you were good. You were important. You mattered."

Dak Hamee ~ Hork-Bajir Chronicles
We didn't need the monsters. We had become them.

Esplin 9466 ~ Hork Bajir Chronicles
She (Aldrea) was beautiful. I would tell her that one day. Soon.
When she was my host.

Post Merged: April 22, 2011, 10:06:40 AM
MM3
Visser 4: You can't kill me!
Rachel : Why not? You Killed someone I love (Jake).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:06:40 AM by rachel91 »

Offline kcool12

« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »
This is from 37
"Somebody grab me a Laa-Laa doll when we're inside okay?" marco said "i really like that little yellow one."
I (Rachel) gave him a look. you know the one
"What?" he said defensivle. "i'll send the manager a check tomorrow. even though he's a yeerk. its not like im going to steal it or anything."
"Uh marco, you do know that Teletubbies are for preschoolers, right?" cassie asked
<"eh-oh, laa-laa"> Ax said <big hug>

I remember laughing so hard when i read that. the fact that an intelligent alien was watching teletubbies was just so funny

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
<l didn't fall asleep,> Ax said, sounding injured. <I merely let my mind wander, and became very calm and restful and not completely alert.> -Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill, 17 The Underground

The Yeerks were moving swiftly, straight toward the parade. Suddenly, out jumped a Daffy Duck! Right in Visser Three's path. The
Yeerk visser snapped his deadly tail. It flew through the air and Daffy's head went rolling across the ground.
<Noooo!> I cried.
The girl wearing the costume stuck her head up and said, "Hey! What's the matter with you?"
<Aaaahhhh!> the visser moaned. <What kind of creature is that?>
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"