Author Topic: the human controllers who became rich.......  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

the human controllers who became rich.......
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
throughout the series we met a couple of yeerks who've made it big in the human world amongst ordinary humans, such as that esplin twin who used his advanced yeerk computer technical knowledge to make himself alot of money i think was what he did.

So, imagine if these human controllers during their time as controllers rose to very lucrative positions like head CEO software engineer of Microsoft or NASA or whatever, and had made billions of dollars like bill gates. Once the war is over, and they they become free of their yeerks, would/should/could the now free human hosts be allowed to keep any of the wealth/positions that they accumulated as a controller?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: the human controllers who became rich.......
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
Wow, what an iffy question . . . the yeerk did all the brain work (in more ways than one I suppose), yet it was still technically the human present and their body doing the actual work . . .

Perhaps a 60-40 split of the wealth?

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 12:26:56 AM »
wow. Good question.
Would the yeerk want the money? Would it's life after the war be such that it could use money, whale nothlits I'm guessing don't use visa
unless the yeerk puts a claim on it I imagine they (the host) would get to keep it. And I really can't say why not; if it was voluntary like esplin secondary and host, that's just a good business deal on your part
for forced host; call it compensation maybe?
For the money
position, if you can't do it without the yeerk, step down, or you'd probably be your own ruin anyway
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:49:12 AM by RYTX »
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:33:58 AM »
hrmm yeah...but im thinking post war, in #54 here, u know how visser 3 goes in trial and all. won't the yeerks be deemed criminals? hate to get into all the legalities and stuff, and yeah i think both the yeerk and the human would have viable arguments if the matter was to be settled in a court of law.

ALTHOUGH, since the yeerks act of invading and taking over the human body by force, against the humans will was wrong in the first place, I would think that the post-war human court would not grant any rights to the wealth for the yeerk. Maybe if the yeerk was part of the peace movement or if it claimed it was working under orders, the court could be more lenient. Its like how criminals such as the mafia or whatever, when they are deemed criminals by the law, they are not entitled to keep any of the wealth they've accumulated as/whilst being a criminal - if that wealth was result of their criminal activities/or what is deemed as a criminal act. I read articles on alot of the bikie gangs that had millions of dollars worth of money and assets seized once they were caught, and they had no more rights to it. might not be the same thing as with a yeerk, but meh, u get the picture now.    

But besides, what would a yeerk do with all that money in a post-yeerk war earth anyway? I dont think it would have been able to continue living on as a human-controller. We haven't heard of any yeerk human nothlits...

Alic

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 12:53:23 AM »
i doubt any yeerk would be allowed to stay on earth.. let alone keep their host bodies.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 01:19:21 AM »
good question, and kind of a corollary--what decided which human companies got primary access to the Andalite technology when they decided to share it?

I remember some chapter in 54, I think it was a Marco chapter, where he rattles off the names of like 5 or 6 different companies that were going to use Andalite technology, I remember Boeing or that other one got first dibs to Zero Space technology, but idk the whole thing was just so "OH BY THE WAY" when if you really think about it, I feel like information that valuable wouldn't have just been shunted around. It would have AT LEAST been costly, but then, who would the companies have paid? The Andalites, in Cinnabons? idk that whole thing was glossed over and this may just be the nerd in me going NOW WAIT A MINUTE HOW WOULD THAT ACTUALLY WORK when that's not what the series is about at all. I guess this is another example of KAA not knowing her economics, you know? There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, when it comes to lunch or interstellar travel.
I go off topic on purpose.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 01:37:54 AM »
Yeh I wonder how humans were/are meant to repay the andalites for that technology. And was it up to the Andalites to decide who/what/which company from which country gets to receive the technology there were giving? maybe it was for free, like how seerow probably gave the yeerks technology for free......I mean when you look at it - what could the yeerks back then in that period, possibly give the andalites in return for their technology?

its a shame really. That whole 2nd half of #54 was a KAGLB imo. She should have made it a longer, larger book - it already had the megamorphs format with each chratater narrating, but it could and should have been much, much longer. Then she would have been able to go into the post-war stuff with more attention and detail, and tie up all the loose ends, and then have the cliff hanger ending.

KAGLB - Katherine Appelgate Got Lazy & Bored

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 01:40:38 AM »
i doubt any yeerk would be allowed to stay on earth.. let alone keep their host bodies.

maybe allow them to nothlitizice themselves as humans, then split the earnings 20:80

Offline anijen21

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 01:47:03 AM »
like how seerow probably gave the yeerks technology for free......I mean when you look at it - what could the yeerks back then in that period, possibly give the andalites in return for their technology?

Exactly

in fact, how was he allowed to do that at all? I have to believe they had some sort of deal with the Andalites, like "we give you all of this now and then we have exclusive trade agreements for X amount of years..." now that I think about it that might have been what pissed them off in the first place lol

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 02:12:03 AM »
pissed who off? the yeerks or the andalites?

yeah i never thought about how seerow was allowed to give all that technology and stuff. But then again, when he was doing it, i guess they didn't have all the rules and mentality of the law of seerows kindness yet haha xD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:15:39 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline anijen21

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 02:31:23 AM »
I might just be having a rather substantial brain fart, but was the reason the Yeerks betrayed the Andalites in the first place ever explicitly stated? Or was it more like "screw you guys, we don't like your attitude >:("

idk all of your posts recently have gotten me in over-critical drive, I'm starting even to doubt Seerow's Kindness itself--what, no Andalite ever screwed over another Andalite who gave him something out of charity? We already know Andalites are no race of saints, is that really the first time it ever occurred to them to protect their property from outsiders?

IDK

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 02:39:09 AM »
I might just be having a rather substantial brain fart, but was the reason the Yeerks betrayed the Andalites in the first place ever explicitly stated? Or was it more like "screw you guys, we don't like your attitude >:("

i believe so. unless your brain fart is contagious. ::)

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 03:26:39 AM »
hrmm the only book which did detail the yeerk uprising agaisnt the anadalites is the HBC. in the first few chapters. and it didn't really explain why, all i recall is Alloran being P.O'd at seerow about the yeerks uprising, blabbering on and on about how he told him so. that was it.

not so sure if esplins narrating chapters explained why the yeerks did what they did as well. I dont think it did. to lazy to reread the book again atm lol

yeah maybe the andalites should have experience within their own race about betrayal and giving something valuable to bad, undeserving people. but this with the yeerks was to a different species, so it might have made them more.. p.o? the andalites probably didn't have much of those bad things amongst their own since the majority of them seemed to be more united as a singular race, i guess this happens when u find out that theres other intelligent life out there in space and you become a space faring race.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:32:31 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline anijen21

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 03:44:02 AM »
I think this is more of a genre gripe than an Animorphs gripe, that in sci-fi magically all *species* and *aliens* are unified and at peace with themselves, you know? I mean it makes sense for the story, who wants to read about some alien civil war when you could write a perfectly compelling human civil war, but idk Seerow's Kindness was just the Animorphs version of the Prime Directive and the Andalites were just too stupid to think of it in advance.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 07:05:22 AM »
I'm fairly certain the only reason why they instituted Seerow's Kindness, is because Seerow unleshed parasites. Not diplomatic puppy-people, but enslaving parasites. They undoubtedly helped out other sentients in the past, but once their meddling set an enslaving parasite after other sentient races, they decided, "no more."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress