Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37220 times)

radgeek

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #660 on: January 17, 2011, 01:41:49 PM »
<<Good luck taking the high road when I control your feet,>> Wintium laughed.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #661 on: January 17, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »
The bug fighter that had carried him so high above the earth for the last five minutes landed on a part of a parking ramp that had been designed by yeerk engineers to sheild it. Ultor and two bodygaurds of the human variety stepped out of the fighter and onto the concrete of the parking ramp. "It is rather bright today," the Sub-visser said, speaking to the man on his right.
    "That happens when you spend all your time underground boss," The Man said with a laugh, "You should see how pale your skin is."
   Ultor scowled, finding no humor in The Man's statement. "I am in a rather foul mood today, you would do well not to tempt my use of dracon beams."
  The Man quickly fell silent as ultor and his other companion entered a small shed that said 'Danger! High Voltage' on the door. The shed was completely out of place on the very top floor of a parking ramp that was six stories high, but it concealed the elvator within rather well. An elavator that desceneded more than 8 storys.
   Ultor and his two gaurds enetered the elevator and clicked B8, the lowest floor available. The elevator began to move downward and Ultor began to think. The exam he had just undergone was more like an interegation than a review. Ultor had been forced to undergo one each year starting at the year he was made a subvisser within the top fifteen ranks. The reviews had always felt like interegations (the empire was always more suspicious of insiders than it was of outsiders) but this one had been special. Ultor had always enjoyed an easy review because of his friendship with visser three from the early days on the Taxxon world, Before Epslin had become a useless brute. This time had been different, he had been harder pressed.
   <Maybe he-> Ultor quickly cut his host off, he was in no mood for the man and the elevator dinged pleasently as he did so. Ultor and his two gaurds exited the box and the sub-visser made his way to his office and his desk; he had much to do and in those hallowed spaces he still felt like he was capable of all the tasks asigned to him. In his Sanctum Sanctorum, he still felt like master of the world.

Post Merged: January 17, 2011, 02:40:03 PM
OoC: On a side note, I am rather pleased with this post.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:40:03 PM by Unknown user »
Meh.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #662 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Kristin awoke in the late morning, feeling anything but refreshed.

As she had walked in the door from her coffee shop outing the previous day, her mother had called her into the kitchen. If the strange tone of her voice hadn't been enough to scare Kristin, her stricken expression had been. Her mother, gripping a pencil over a filled pad of paper, had been standing beside her father, who was wearing a grim frown. "Sweetie, grandma's in the hospital," he had told her.

Kristin had spent the rest of the evening in a sterile waiting room, hoping for word from the surgeon who was performing her grandmother's heart surgery. Kristin wasn't sure what was worse: that she had spent half her time not thinking about the newly precarious position of herself and her friends or that she had spent the other half thinking not about her grandmother but about the fact that she wished she could be at the zoo acquiring morphs.

Kristin and her family had finally gone home upon hearing that her grandmother was out of surgery--"stable but unconscious," the doctor had said-- putting an end to all her worries altogether as she drifted into a fitful sleep.

The heat of the day had peaked by the time she arrived at the zoo. She had offered her boss a quick apology for her late start and hurried towards the mammal exhibits to start park cleanup... and see if she could sneak in a few DNA acquisitions while she was at it.
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #663 on: January 18, 2011, 01:56:44 AM »
"You go in and act normal," Jo said.  "I get Sam to go on a long walk with Olivia while I get into Sam morph and hang out with you as her."
"So all I do is dog sit?" Olivia asked.
"Yes."
Brian looked at Jo. So... he was just supposed to leave them here now? That didn't sit with him well. What if something happened? "Okay," is all he said. He drove the rest of the way up to the farmhouse, leaving Jo and Olivia behind. He walked up to the door, and knocked. There were a lot of voices inside, talking quietly. He looked back briefly.
"Wait. What? You're coming in?" Chad said. He smiled on the inside. Maybe all wasn't lost for his parents...oh, who was he kidding? They probably would never get back together. He sighed. "I can go by myself. You don't have to come."
Sean rubbed the back of his neck. Man, I hate this.... "I was going to wait in case your mother decided she needed to talk with me... or something." He started to get back in the car, but hesitated. "...I'll wait in the car, I guess..."

Tarry took off with a "SQUAACK!", hiding in the trees. <I will be watching.>

radgeek

« Reply #664 on: January 18, 2011, 02:11:22 AM »
"Thanks Tarry," Jo said.  "Could you tell me how close to the farm I can without being spotted?  Sam is more likely to come if I can get out of morph."
"That is crazy talk," Olivia cries.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #665 on: January 18, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »
Kildor 2134675248901, aside from being cursed with a numerical designation that made him the laughing stock of so many yeerk groups, was secretly a member of the Yeerk Resistance. As an aide to the intelligence unit he had acess to many yeerk Secrets and was beyond question by most other members of the texas operation. Kildor made his way through the underground yeerk city/village and came to the building containing the intelligence headquarters. After the quick examination required to enter the building he went straight to the heart of the headquarters. The gaurds knew him by apperance and he was required to show his I.D. badge only to the new guys still nervous about keeping their jobs. The room he had so quickly been striding towards in his massive hork-bajir body was called The NeXuS. In The NeXuS was one massive object, a computer containg every file about anything that even hinted at the texas operation.
  "Goodmorning Kildor 21346..." the gaurd said, rambling on until the full number designation was complete. "I see you are busy today?"
  "No more than usual," Kildor replied, "I am rather happy today to tell the truth. Though I can't say what about."
   After Kildor had downloaded the data-files he was after, he slipped the data disk, no bigger than a pea, into a pouch of the pack he had tied around his massive waist. Kildor had long ago crushed his Hork-bajir host's resistance and got no response from him. Not that the brute could have given much of one before he had destroyed his hosts mind.
  Kildor marched out of NeXuS and then out of the intelligence headquarters, making his way to the small underground bar that the human hosts frequented, it was the place where the resistance met.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #666 on: January 18, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
Jazar recognized Brian from the meeting of the Sharing.  "Brian I'm so glad you could made it.  do you want something to drink before we leave?"

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #667 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:16 AM »
OoC: Is there, perhaps, a sedative in this drink?
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #668 on: January 18, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
(((No just plain lemon-aid.  I'm so boring.)))

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #669 on: January 18, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
"Uh-huh," Chad said. "See ya." He walked slowly towards his house, a feeling of dread in his stomach. Everything had been planned out...but it felt wrong to plan to lie. He shrugged off the feeling. Opening the front door, he sighed.
"Where've you been?" his mother said in a rather quiet voice. It was so quiet that it filled him with dread.
"Uhm...out. You see, my bike was stolen and then I--"
"But what were you doing out in the first place?"
"I was tired of being inside. Maybe after that vacation I got used to being outside, so I was bored and went for a ride. I went to the park and left my bike there, and when I came back, it wasn't there any more."
"And...?"
"I, uh, ran into D-Sean--" he cut off. He hadn't talked about Sean as Dad to his mother really. "And, since it was late..I sort of went over there. And I..kinda called your number, but there-um, there wasn't an answer. So I stayed there overnight." He wiped his palms on his jeans. "That's about it."
"Uh-huh," his mother said. Chad looked at her. Was she already going absent-minded? "You can go."
"R-really?"
"Why not?"
"Oh, uh, nothing at all." He started, then stopped. "Could I go outside for awhile? I won't go anywhere, promise."
Mrs. Black looked for a few seconds. "All right."
Chad went through the front door and looked...he was still there. He ran over to the car.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #670 on: January 18, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
"Um, yeah, sure. That uh.. would be great." Brian felt really weird, accepting hospitality from a Controller. He seemed so normal. He couldn't help but think it was all a trap, and it probably was. And it kinda bugged him that Merlin already knew his name.... He walked in, trying to look casual, but not relaxed. After all, this was a 'search party' for his friend and Merlin's step-sister. Brian looked at the other people gathered inside. How many of them were still free humans? How many were taken? Well this was a dumb idea....

Sean hit the unlock button, though they were already open. He asked Chad how it went. Quite honestly, he was a  little surprised that he had finished so quickly....

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #671 on: January 18, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
Chad, once done talking, squirmed. He had a question he wanted to ask, but he wasn't sure how...perhaps it would be better if he just asked it right out. "Uh, no offense, but, I have something to ask you..." Chad stuttered. "Um, before all this, and before you and Mom split up....you were..different. Why'd you now change and become so much more...responsible?"

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #672 on: January 19, 2011, 08:36:18 PM »
Shaun drove up to the address given for the search party, he parked his car outside the barn and went to the door. He hesitated before knocking but finally got the courage to do it. Maybe Brian will be here already he thought.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
Ultor hit the phones as soon as he was seated comfortably in his office, his first call was to Jazar. As the Sub-visser waited for the phone to ring, he reviewed his personal  messages through the primitive human communications system known as E-mail. Humans loved it, he couldn't figure out why; it was so limited. Ultor scrolled through several useless messages until he found one he cared about. It was titled, 'Search for morph capable humans' and was from a member of Jazar's new staff. Ultor quickly read the message, Edward had great reading skills, and he closed it out and logged off the computer. The phone he was using had long ago gone to dial tone so he dialed Jazar again and left another message. "This is Sub-visser two, I will be arriving momentarily to assist in the search for the girl." Standing, Ultor left his office and motioned to his two waiting body-gaurds. The yeerk under-general headed for the parking ramp where a car was moments away from being ready to carry him wherever he commanded.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #674 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »
(((Jo asked Tarry a question
"Thanks Tarry," Jo said.  "Could you tell me how close to the farm I can without being spotted?  Sam is more likely to come if I can get out of morph."
"That is crazy talk," Olivia cries.

She kinda needs an answer.)))