Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 37214 times)

radgeek

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #540 on: December 19, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
Olivia could have spent the entire night acquiring birds but limited herself to one more.  The Bald eagle was a few cages away so she chased it around getting pecked twice on her left arm.
After Sean splashed around with the otters.  She wondered over to the big cats and found a leopard sleeping.  The cat purred softly as she acquired it.

Jo took Chad strait for the Moose.  Most of time she spent running for her live.  These things should not be kept in captivity.  Finally she touch one and it went into a trance.

"Tomorrow afternoon we have the search," Jazar said pleased to see him wonder about the coffee shop.  "It was the one at the mall."

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #541 on: December 19, 2010, 02:35:46 PM »
"I'll definitely help. Just tell me where to meet, and I'll be there." Brian said. He hoped this guy went away. He really wanted to leave now. After he finished talking with him, he went over by Benjamin and stood behind him while he played his game. He said quietly to him, "We've gotta go soon, bro."

"Aw... what time is - oh..." he said, looking at the clock. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Ten more minutes?"

"Sure." Brian said. He pretended to be interested in the game, but he was still bothered by Jo's 'disappearance'.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #542 on: December 19, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »
Chad said, "I don't care for some stinking creature like that. Sorry, Jo." He looked around. "Let's go towards the cats section. I want a tiger. A Siberian tiger..." On their way heading there, Chad saw that the Main Office's door was just a bit open. "Hey, Jo," he said, "wait out here..I'm gonna take a look." He walked over and peered through the door. There was security equipment, but the two men inside were dozing lightly. Chad looked back at Jo. "Here I go.." he grumbled. He pushed the door lightly; it squeaked. He stopped and waited.
His heart beating rather rapidly, he pushed on the door again. He looked around nervously, and saw a key ring with a lot of them on it. I guess that's what I want... he thought. He picked it up and clutched it in his sweaty palm. Then, he turned outside.
"C'mon, Jo, let's go to the cats."
At the Siberian tiger display, the big cat was sleeping. Chad spent over ten minutes finding the right key to open the place; at last, he found it. He unlocked the door slowly and stepped inside. The tiger turned uneasily, then awoke, eyes glittering. Chad froze. "Nice kittie..." he said nervously. "What should I do?" he said out loud, to no one in particular. The tiger came closer, sniffing the air. Chad edged to the side, evry noise seeming louder. He hit a small stone on the ground, and out of surprise, jumped and landed on the ground. Not a good idea. The huge animal came closer to him...closer...Chad could smell his stinking breath. He sighed, reached out, and touched the monstrous thing. It immediately went into a trance, and Chad scrambled out as fast as he could, slamming the door shut and locking it.
"Well, that went well...let's go over to Dad, Jo."
Several minutes later they got there. Olivia was in the process of getting another morph. ((I don't think that matches up with the fact of birds and whatnot...but, what the heck? Let's just keep on moving)) Chad quickly told the two of them about what he'd found and what he'd acquired.
Sean decided next to go get a cat morph, so Chad led him back to the same area. The lions were opposite of where the tigers were. The lions had a huge spacious room to themselves, with lots of grass and other  things.
"Here, take the key," Chad said to his dad. "I don't want to try to open it."
Sean took it and gave a wry smile. Several more minutes passed trying to find the right key. It would have been easier had they been workers there. Remind me to volunteer here, Chad thought grimly. About ten minutes later, Sean now had the ability to change into a lion. Sean locked the door.
While that was going on, Chad went to have a talk with some monkeys. The stupid creatures chattered on and on, but since they were so curious, Chad was able to acquire one easily. After that, he looked at the cafe on the opposite side. He was hungry....too bad it was closed.
"Now," he said, "do you all want to go and get a snake or some reptilian creatures?"

radgeek

« Reply #543 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
"No, that one gecko was enough for me."

Jo was more enthusiastic.  "Let's get some snakes."

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #544 on: December 19, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
"This way, then" Chad said brightly, and walked along rapidly. "Anaconda, boa, cobra, who knows?"
OOC: Rad, I'm getting off until tomorrrow. You'll have to post for the acquiring. Chad can get one if you want to make it...

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2010, 04:03:38 AM »
The lion encounter had been memorable. Being alone in a room full of half-asleep lions was a little humbling, to say the least. It had taken him a moment to get up the courage to reach out and touch one, but he decided to do it before they really woke up and decided they didn't like him there. The particular big cat he'd acquired fell back asleep and purred loudly. He came out and locked the door behind him, shaking ever so slightly, and no one would probably notice.
He followed Chad to the monkey habitats. He wasn't exactly sure what use any of these small animals would be, but he figured 'why not?' He'd gotten pretty close before they woke up and began screaming at him, but he managed to catch hold of one, how he'd done it, he wasn't sure. He noticed that he had it by it's tail, which was white with black rings on it. The lemur actually fell out of the tree, and Sean had to lay it on the floor of the simulated habitat when he was done. Very frightened little creatures they were...  He encouraged Jo and Olivia to take advantage of the easy DNA sample while the monkey was still dazed.

The group then wandered over to the reptile house. Sean was nervous about acquiring snakes and things, but it would surely prove helpful at some point. "Guys.. we need to be careful here. We don't know for sure if any or all of these snakes have had their poisons removed, so if anyone gets bitten, get away from it and morph. Morph anything, but get that venom out of your system." Sean faltered. "That would work, right, Tarry?"

<Yes. The morphing process will heal any injury, including bites and stings. By reconfiguring your organic structure each instance through - >

"Thank you Tarry. I'm glad to hear about that." Sean was hoping he didn't sound rude. He was just a little fidgety and wasn't able to really listen to his explanations right at the moment. The group walked through the doors marked 'employees only', and around the halls in the smallish building, which made a circuit. Black Mamba's, Cottonmouths, Australian Red-bellied Black Snakes, and many other creatures lined the walls in small terrariums. The lighting was dimmed, and it made it even more nerve-wracking to be sticking hands into the homes of deadly animals. Jo and Chad dared their luck with a few, though Sean was looking for one in particular. He choose the Western Diamondback Rattlesnake, a Texas native. And of course, it was awake. As he opened the lid and tentatively stuck his trembling hand in, it began to rattle. He nearly shut the lid, but instead he continued. Slowly, Slowly... it struck! The two fangs punctured the tender area between his thumb and forefinger, but rather than pull back he grabbed it around the neck, er, body, and acquired it. Unlike any other creature, it continued to writhe and twist, trying to bite again. He screamed. Oh, how he prayed it wasn't killing him. He flung it back into the cage, shut the lid, and quickly morphed the squirrel. It was the only morph he had control of so far. In only a moment, he was a very small, very furry, very relieved woodlands creature. He only remained in morph to say <I'm okay> to everyone, and he then returned to his true form. Not an experience he wished to repeat soon.

Once the others were done, they began to walk out the door and explore the rest of the zoo. And right at the door, he noticed the biggest living reptile species in the world. The Saltwater Crocodile. Before he'd gone on the cruise, he'd seen a documentary on these awesome creatures. They normally weighed over a thousand pounds, easily grew to more than fifteen feet in length. They had the strongest bite force of any recorded animal, if he remembered right. He hadn't forgotten his desire to quickly leave after the rattler incident, but oh man... how much damage could that monster do? There was only one in sight, and it was sitting close to the six foot wall of the exhibit.So quickly, before he had a chance to talk himself out of it, he climbed on the plexiglass wall, and jumped right on top of it. He jammed both hands onto it's rough, scaly back, and hoped for dear live that it would slip passively into the acquiring trance. Please don't be a reptile thing... he wished. Fortunately, it wasn't. The salty lay still, unmoving, until he was done. It twitched. Sean jumped straight into the air, and hardly noticed if he even touched the wall on his way back over. He had done it. Take that, Steve Irwin...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:15:40 AM by Santa Bear »

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #546 on: December 20, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
Chad had had a nerve-wracking experience after he acquired a rattlesnake, Black Mamba, and anaconda. That was the last of going to see snakes for him.
Once they were done there, Chad went around and got a fly morph, from a fly he happened to see. Then he got a ****roach, but nearly freaked out. After that, he went to go over to the elephants. But first he went back to get Jo and see if she wanted to go.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #547 on: December 20, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
     Tarry was alarmed at the Vast number of animals that were inhabitants of earth even though he really shouldn't have been. Fifteen human years ago, when he was just a lowly Aristh, he had learned much about humans, first from his studies in class and then on his own time; he had quite fallen in love with their primitive culture and their beautiful planet. Although several stuidies had been done of earth by Andalite scientists, being here was far different from what he had imagined. The non-human animals were rather impressive, each having a wide variety of it's own talents, defenses , and abilities.
    Flying around the Zoo and talking to his human comrades reminded him of those earlier days when he had come so close to being a scientist so close to avoiding life trapped in a body he found so inferior to his own true form. The only reason Tarry had joined the andalite military was because of his father; he was a rather powerful andalite who refused to have a scientist for a Son and had cajoled and forced your Tarrade into the armed forces. Tarry finally agreed  because he learned that the conflict with the yeerks was likely to head in the direction of earth.
   <It has been some time now,> Tarry said as he flew fifty feet above the zoo, circling like a Vulture, a large earth-bird that he knew was a scavenger. <Someone may soon notice that things are happening that are considered inappropriate by human standards.>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:42:04 PM by Unknown user »
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #548 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
Jo and Olivia both took advantage of the dazed monkey.  When asked by Chad if they wanted elephants they followed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:47:07 PM by The Rad Mom That Kissed Santa Claus »

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #549 on: December 20, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »
Jo and Olivia both took advantage of the dazed money.  When asked by Chad if they wanted elephants they followed.

I wish I could take advantage of some dazed Money ;)!
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #550 on: December 20, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »
So do I. I'll edit.

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #551 on: December 20, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »
I was starting to get tired of waiting for Brian but a voice in my head told me to keep waiting. So i decided i'd wait for him maybe he would leave soon.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #552 on: December 21, 2010, 04:46:33 AM »
"Those guards won't sleep forever, especially if we get another noisy group of animals. I think we need to hurry guys." Sean said, following the others. He didn't understand why they wanted elephants... they were too big and bulky. Sure, they were strong, but so were many of the other animals they had available to them. Sean thought of Brian, and wished he could have been here with them. He'd said he'd join them later if he could... Sean figured he hadn't been able to after all. From a distance aways, Sean heard a door shut.  It wasn't very loud, and he at least imagined footsteps, if not really heard them ever-so-faintly. "Yeah, like we need to hurry and go, like, now. I think I just heard those guards we were talking about." Did they have time for one more exhibit? He didn't want to be caught, or arrested for trespassing, or anything of the sort.

"Come on Ben, we gotta go home now."

"Man..." Benjamin said. "See ya later guys. I'll come back next week." Ben sets his controller down and gets out of the giant beanbag chair. The leave the school building, and he unlocks the car for the both of them. It was a nice night.... On the ride home, they talked about the next year of school coming up in about a week. After fifteen minutes or so, Brian pulled his car into the driveway, and the two brothers entered their suburban home. "Oh good, you're home!" Their mother greeted them. "Dinner's just about ready..."

"Food. Yay." Ben said. He hadn't snacked at the meeting, being totally engaged with his friends in the racing game he'd been playing.

radgeek

« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »
Elephants are really gentle creatures of you don't wake them at night.  So the acquiring proses was ease at the start.  When the acquiring trance lifted they were roady and making a lot of noise.  "Do you think we should get out of here?" Olivia asked Chad and Jo.

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #554 on: December 21, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
"Naturally," Chad said. "What else would we do? Stay around?" he sneered. "Quick, let's start going this way."