Author Topic: what became of chapman anyway at the end?  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

what became of chapman anyway at the end?
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:34:05 AM »
besides tom, chapman is probably one of the most famous and well known human controllers featured in the series. he was a regular recurring character in the early books of the series, but gradually diminished as the series went into the #30's and 40's.

now its been a while since ive read the final parts of the series, but i dont remember chapman being featured in it or his fate being mentioned??

dont seem to recall him getting the power to morph when the yeerks finally got the cube. howcome? wasn't he a high ranking yeerk leader or lieutenant within visser three's forces?

was whatever that happens to him mentioned at all in any of the books leading up to the finale or book 54 itself? i wanna know what happend his yeerk, and chapman the human himself since he allowed himself to be taken controller in order to keep his daughter melissa chapman safe. whatever happened to them both?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:35:46 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: what became of chapman anyway at the end?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:46:57 AM »
The last thing we know about him is that the animorphs kidnap him and take him to the New valley to use in the blackmailing of Erek. I don't know what happens afterwards, but I assme they didn't kill the Human Chapman. His Yeerk probably died. I don't think it's mentioned that he could morph, but I guess that wasn't important to the plot.

Jake threatened to kill Chaman if Erek didn't do what he said. Now we know Erek disabled the pool ship's guns, which allowed the Bladeship to get away, so it's possible Jake made good on his threat and killed Chapman for it. But since it isn't mentioned, I really don't know.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:54:34 AM »
The fate of Chapman was another long, drawn-out plotline that fizzled at the end. It's possible that what happened to him would have been more important if Melissa was ever developed the way the second book made it seem like she would be, but there we are.

Offline BoltxAnimorphs

• Live each Moment.Like Your Last.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 09:20:25 AM »
Well,
No Body Really Know's But K.A.
The Animrohps Might have Killed Or Spared Him.

Offline comet266

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:51:28 AM »
I'm guessing that Chapman would have surrendered because he was always a bit of a coward.  Remember in book #46, when they are all on the USS George Washington, they are looking for Chapman and know that he will be in one of the back rooms by himself to avoid all the fighting? 

Also by the end, none of the animorphs were really up to killing any more people, so they probably were fine with him surrendering and becoming a nothlit...

Offline BoltxAnimorphs

• Live each Moment.Like Your Last.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:42 AM »
probably...

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:27:17 AM »
Ax sneezed. His tail twitched. <oops...>