Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334262 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #870 on: March 13, 2009, 11:33:55 PM »
((I'll wait for russel))
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #871 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »
The BT takes out his note pad and scrawls "And you?" before showing it to Shal.

She responds, "Same as him."

She watches as the BT wanders back into the kitchen. A loud squeal, and a pounding sound can be heard. The BT walks back out behind the bar, and pulls something out from underneath, he quickly returns to the kitchen. A whirring noise, similar to that of an electric saw can be heard. After a moment the sound stops, and the sound of pots clanging can be heard. The BT emerges behind the bar again, his apron stained with blood. He quickly takes it off, and puts on a fresh one. He returns to drying his glass while the burgers cook.

Shal looks at Breek, wrinkling her nose in distaste, "Well...at least it's fresh?

((Chill out while you wait for his response. Running around and being secretive in the bar is sure to draw attention. Have a drink, get a..velociburger.))

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #872 on: March 13, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »
While his cruiser hovered overhead, wondering what to do, Conner said.

"I'll have a fire ale please, This is going to be a celelbration." Conner got hi drink, drank it, and sighed in contentment.

At that moment, a transport landed from the cruiser. A score of spec ops troops stormed into the bar, and aimed attack rifles at everyone in the bar.

"Everyone down on the ground!"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:54:49 AM by Arbiter »

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #873 on: March 13, 2009, 11:48:55 PM »
Shal turns and glares at Connor, but otherwise doesn't move. "Watch your *ss man, before the BT permabans you."

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #874 on: March 13, 2009, 11:50:08 PM »
((That was the soldier captain))

"Conner told the squad leader.

"Chill, point those things at them." Immediatly, twenty guns were aimed at the visser and his guard.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:55:29 AM by Arbiter »

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #875 on: March 13, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
Shal continues to glare at Connor, still refusing to move from her perch on her stool. "What the h*ll is wrong with you, calling a squadron in here. This isn't the place. Take your b*llsh*t elsewhere."

The BT almost yawns before moving back into the kitchen.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #876 on: March 13, 2009, 11:54:44 PM »
((Hey, we might want to give Visser3 a chance to respond since we've like, shot at him, thrown knives at him and called entire battalions on his ass without letting him do anything to defend himself, or even say "My, that's a bit much!"

In-character, Russell hasn't even reacted to the first three times he's been shot at yet, since it seemed like he was trying to resolve the issue OOC. Especially since he's somewhat new to the RP still, and had earlier stated that it was moving too fast for him, we might want to wait and give him a chance to do something before we involve his character at all, yeah?))

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #877 on: March 13, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »
"That ain't me Shalner. You got a rpblem, tell it to tat birds cruiser up there."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:56:45 AM by Arbiter »

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #878 on: March 14, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
Shal glares at Connor, and stands up, moving towards him. "You idiot, I heard you put out the call!"

((sorry, I'm off for the night. I'm staying with a kid I work with, and he dosen't sleep past 5, so I better get some zz's in now. see ya tomorrow.))

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #879 on: March 14, 2009, 12:07:58 AM »
"Excuse me? Icalled for help. The closest ship was a cruiser, and I am in a close spaces with a visser and a bunch of hork-bajir. I called for a ship, not a strike team."[s/]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:57:22 AM by Arbiter »

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2009, 03:52:42 AM »
((Wow, I guess human technology now surpasses Andalite technology somehow...I called the Tyrennian quite some time ago and it hasn't arrived yet on full thrust.  Keep in mind that only about half an hour to an hour has passed since the Visser arrived, and MY ship was in relatively close proximity to the bar.  According to what I've read, your character didn't have any ships nearby and you were rescued by fellow bar attendees.  If you had a ship close by, then that's fine, but it would still take time to arrive.  And as someone who's RP'ed an andalite before, I know the Visser's tail would've slashed at your blaster as quick as you could draw and pull the trigger.  I'm not trying to harp on you man but you're dangerously close to Power Gaming, and that just ruins the RP for everyone.  Is it really reasonable for a human vessel to reach our location in the short time that has elapsed?  The GESB isn't really in a highly-traveled or important sector.  Hence the name Galaxy's Edge.  Secondly, would a Blade Ship just sit idle when a human transport began to dock and disgorge troops?  There would've been a huge fight outside the bar between the humans and controllers, not to mention the Blade Ship firing on the transport vessel hardcore.  You can't just assume these things man.  You don't really think a Blade Ship would sit idle while tons of commandos rushed the bar with the Visser in it do you?  I know you're trying to speed things up man but you can't.  If no one else humors you and joins your speed you'll end up RPing alone and getting frustrated and disappointed because people start ignoring you.  Just take it slow and easy...think about what's probable and what's not, and don't do things that immediately put you in a position of extreme power.  People respond to things, they don't just sit idly by while these things are happening, so give them a chance to respond.  You just have to be considerate man, that's all.))

*Ossanlin considered scanning long-range for the Tyrennian, but figured they would still be some distance away.  Suddenly an alarm sounded from his control panel indicating a deep sensor scan.  Ossanlin let his palm hover over the controls, still indecisive about spinning up the engines...they might not realize that his ship indeed belonged to an andalite.  All they could possibly know was that the ship contained some andalite tech, and that it was operating on low-power.*

<<Alright Yeerks, should we dance or not?>>  *Ossanlin turned a scan on the bar to determine what was going on in there.  He considered morphing and returning to the bar again to gather intelligence since it had been some time and nothing had happened with the Blade Ship.  Perhaps he could even get close enough to the Visser...no, not with all those guards, but it was still tempting.*  <<Just a little while longer, maybe I can sell the deception again...>>

*Ossanlin passed a hand over the panel again to display the current configuration of Z-Space on the viewer*  <<Shouldn't be long now.>>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »
(Sorry, I went a little to fast and got some stuff mixed up. I'll wait for russel to reply, then restart, starting where the cruiser came. All my posts, since the cruiser coming, are now crap. Ignore them.)

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »
((Sounds good...it's hard RPing this way b/c you have to be patient. You may want to even consider moving out of that storyline since Russel seemed like he wasn't particularly looking for a fight...you may be waiting for a loooong time if that's the case. And you can edit your posts, BTW. You could just delete the stuff that you didn't want to happen. :)  ))

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #883 on: March 14, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »
Myitt sits there, spinning her straw in the pale remnants of icy, watered down Shirley Temple.  "Boy.  Never a dull moment in this place."  She smirks to herself and looks over at Breek.  "How're you going to eat a burger with one hand?" she asks, genuinely curious.  "Very carefully, I suppose."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #884 on: March 15, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »
The BT walks back into the kitchen, re-appearing a few minutes later with the burgers and onions. He sets one burger down in front of Breek, and one in front of Shal, setting the onions in the middle. He begins to idly wipe a spot on the bar with a dirty towel.

Shal carefully examines her burger, then turns to B1 "Hopefully he hasn't poisoned it...Cheers." The jukebox, at this precise moment, of course begins to play the Cheers theme song.