Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 593007 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2012, 08:04:11 AM »
Glad to hear it (and I hope the next book can live up to it . . . I still have to plan those chapters.  I've been lazy on that front).  'Nother chapter will come, soonish.  Oh, and let's face it . . . Lurkers are just cannon fodder.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
Submission

Phoenix and Dark Phoenix began struggling for control, causing the firebird aura to flicker out when Phoenix managed to wrangle control away from the malevolence, and flaring back to life when he failed.  This left him, as you can imagine, quite distracted.

Yarin attempted to captialize on this, and bind the malevolence, to make it inert.  But he wasn't strong enough.  He was borderline exhausted, and such a taxing demand on his abilities were also causing him to weaken.

<EVERYONE!> he shouted to all the surviving RAFians. <You must revive.  Focus your thoughts on me.  Use me as a conduit to give a might telepathic scream.  I will try to use my telepathic powers to bind this malevolence.  But I require your assistance!!!>

Suddenly, Yarin felt the other RAFians' thoughts.  They filled him, and he focused them at Phoenix/Dark Phoenix.  He screamed at the psychic force slammed into his mind.  Yarin used this to enter Phoenix's mind . . . seeing two entities.  One was the Phoenix they all knew and loved, and the other was a malevolent, shadowed silhouette in Phoenix's form with glowing red eyes.  It held what appeared to be three fused gems (one red, one blue, and one yellow) on it's forehead.

Phoenix looked battered, bruised, and hurt, while the Dark Phoenix malevolent did not show any injury, but that could be just because of his appearance.  The two were wrestling and fighting and biting.

"Phoenix, disentangle yourself!" Yarin spoke in a strange echoey way.  "Phoenix, withdraw.  Help me bind this thing!"

Phoenix, battered and beaten, withdrew.

"The arrogance of you Nyac," the entity spoke directly to Yarin.  It did not have Phoenix's voice.  It spoke with the stereotypical demonic voice.  "You think you can just bottle me up and toss me into a shelf?  Or maybe you think you'd suck me into a thermos?"

Then the real Phoenix combined his powers and energies with Yarin.

"Thermos?  Thanks for the idea, malevolence."

And, suddenly, the Fenton thermos appears in Yarin's hand.

"I, Yarin, bind the Dark Phoenix with the powers of my mind and the mind of Phoenix004!"

The malevolence was forcibly sucked into the mental thermos, with rushing white energy, concentrated with energy rings.  Yarin capped it, and dropped it, which sunk through the "ground".  Phoenix and Yarin separated and Yarin left Phoenix's mind.

Back in the real world, Phoenix was on his knees, shaking horribly.  I defy anyone who has gone through the same not to react the same.  Nate was attempting to comfort Phoenix, when it landed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:38:50 AM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »
'Nother chapter.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
They Come

The Aximili landed, and the crew began disembarking, their tails raised.

<Ardnalil!> Noelle said with a start.  The RAFians assumed that she was referring to the head Andalite.

"You know this guy?" Richard asked.

<We . . . um, dated,> Noelle said.  Had she been human she'd probably be blushing.

<It is the decision of the Andalite Council that he being known as Dark Phoenix must be destroyed.>

"Say what?" Duff said.

"And what exactly makes you think that you have the right to make such a decision?" Wild said.

<Be silent, ignorant worm.>

"I see why you dumped him, Noelle."

If looks could kill, Duff would be dead a thousand times over.

<That thing, whatever it is, just destroyed an entire star system.  We must destroy it before it feeds again!>

"I'm afraid you'll need to explain yourself more thoroughly." Richard said, maintaining his unshakable calm.

<Capture the Dark Phoenix.>

"Don't let them." Richard ordered.

"Got that right," Parker said.  He somehow managed to salvage a weapon from who knows where.  When pressed, he'd state, "I rather not say."

<Do not resist.> the snooty Andalite captain said.

"They don't know us very well, do they?" Cerulean asked rhetorically.

"Listen, pal, if you don't want us to rip off all your tails and give you mouths the painful way, you'd better explain yourself!!"

Clearly these Andalites didn't think anything of these pronouncements.  Clearly they thought RAFians were lesser species.  Estelore didn't take too kindly to that, and used her stellar powers to incinerate the Andalite weapons, handheld and also the ones in their dome ships.

"No, TALK.  Or you will be next!" Estelore said, though she couldn't keep the tireness out of her voice.

<That being is too powerful for you to handle.>

"Strike one, blue boy." Estelore snarled.

<The star system he destroyed was fortunately uninhabited.  But what of next time?  Before lone, single stars will not satiate that creature.  It will consume galaxies.  It could destroy all that is!  There is no choice.>

"That's . . . true.  I did see him eat a star myself." Esty conceded.

"But Yarin has cured her!" Nate argued.

"Nate, the malevolence may be contained, but it is still within me."

"To kill an innocent being to get at another," Wild spat uncharacteristicall y with a wrinkled nose, "it's barbarous."

Yarin quickly telepathically probe the head Andalite's mind at this distraction.  "I issue a challenge of honor in all of our names.  You cannot refuse such a challenge."

<Take no solace in your resourcefulness.  You've compounded the tragedy.> he said, but with no softness or sympathic tones, just hard indifference.

<You guys are making being an Andalite embarrising . . .> Noelle complained.

The Andalites turned their backs on the RAFians.  <Select six of your number.  We'll meet in three Earth hours.  The star is ineligible.>

"I have a name, you know.  Stupid, sack of --"

"ESTELORE!" the rest of the RAFians said, unaccustomed to seeing this kind of temper and vulgarity from their own sentient star.  This Andalite must have REALLY irked her.  But she did not fight the ineligiblity claim.

<And Noelle, you need to remember where your loyalties lie.>

<I know where my loyalties lie, you arrogant prick.>

Apparently, he didn't know what a "prick" was.  The Andalites boarded the dome ship to prepare for the duel of honor.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
'Nother chapter.  Shortish chapter.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
Preparation

It was decided that Nate, Parker (who just did not look the same without his armor), Hunter, and Ash would take the challenge.  That left two RAFians.  Two that were fit enough to fight.  That . . . did not leave a lot of choices.

<I'm in.> Noelle said, straight away.

"Are you sure?  This is your own people we're talking about." Richard said.

<No, arrogant sacks of kafit bird droppings like that are not my people.> Noelle said, quite forcefully.

"Then I'm in." Sakki said.

"No, it's me." Phoenix said.

"Phoenix, I don't think that's a good idea." Yarin said.  "The containment might fail under the rigors and pressures of battle."

"There's always gonna be rigors and pressures.  It might get out at any time.  But I cannot spend my days trying to keep it down.  Maybe it would be better --"

"Don't talk that way," Nate said.  "You're alive.  And, God as my witness, we're gonna make sure it stays that way."

"Well, best you start training for it then.  You have another two and a half hours.  But nothing to grueling." Richard suggested, who seemed to have many qualms about this.  "Noelle, if you can fill everyone in on their possible weaknesses."

<You've already seen one.  He's horribly arrogant and full of himself.  But I guarantee he won't be one of the six.  He's "too important".> She put heavy sarcasm on the last two words.

Soon enough, however, it was time for the challenge.  And the six saw their foes -- six of the largest male Andalites.  But the RAFians were not frightened.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
Might be the last chapter -- possibly another shortish one -- of the night.  We'll have to see where my energy level is, creatively-speaking.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
Battle

The battle began with all six Andalite stampeding forward, tails ****ed in striking position.  The RAFians dispersed strategically, and Ash shapeshifted into a large creature that terrorified the warriors.

Hunter gave one a good slash upon his flank, only now, Hunter was tailless.  But he was alive.

Parker was standing a ten foot distances trading shots with on Andalite who had been wielding a state-of-the-art shredder, and Parker's weapon was clearly time worn.

Nate was fighting like a mad man, RAFian training and frequent battles with the Banned, trolls, and the Pootang proving to be superior to the experiences of his foe.  It was a pity, really.  Nate was not holding back, and he was kind of making this Andalite look bad.

Phoenix seemed to have his dark side under control as he fought the Andalite, nearly incinerating the Andalite's tail when he attempted a strike.  Andalite decided not to try that again.

Noelle used her smaller size, and greater manueverability to advantage, blocking the larger male's blade at key moments, before hacking and cutting the muscle at the base of his tail.  He attempted to kick at her with his back legs, but she saw this coming a mile away.

<Traitor!> he screamed.

<One could say the same of you!>

The battle continued in this vein for a while.  But, unlike the RAFians, there was no variety to the Andalite ranks.  They didn't have the advantages of the RAFians, nor the sheer amount of battle experience.  They didn't have to fight the Banned, trolls, and the Pootang fairly frequently.  The RAFians fought the occasional Howler, too.

But, so involved with the battle as they were, they missed the warning signs.  The fact that Phoenix's body was starting to get a faint glowing aura. . . .

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
Awesome chapter. My pale body probably blinded my opponent. ;D Seriously though, after 11 years of being in that armor, there's not a whole lot of melanin in my skin.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Lol, Parker.  Another chapter soonish, which more than likely will contain your, ah, "catchphrase".  Probably another short one.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
Monster Reborn

The combatants eventually take notice that Phoenix is straining to control Dark Phoenix.  The firebird aura began to flicker in and out, like a satellite dish's signal in a storm.  All who saw knew that this was not a good turn of events.

"Oh, ****." Parker said, which was fast becoming his catchphrase.

The firebird aura was starting to flicker less and less.  That could only mean one thing.  Phoenix -- the real Phoenix -- was losing his mental battle with this darkness, this malevolence.

<Forget this duel!> Ardnalil roared.  <To the Dome Ship!>

The six Andalites shuffled, some quite injured, to the Dome ship, while their stalk eyes were locked on Phoenix and his mental duel.  The RAFians weren't sure what they could do, if, in fact, they could do anything.  Dark Phoenix has proven to be too powerful.  His onslaught* would know no boundaries, acknowledge no laws, and only live to destroy.

Suddenly, Phoenix stood upright, face expressionless.  But his eyes now glowed white hot.  He was Phoenix no longer, but the evil Dark Phoenix.  And Dark Phoenix was, uh, quite ticked.  The firebird aura' left foot grasped the Dome Ship Aximili very tightly.

<Oh my, what's happening?> Ardnalil cowered.

<YOU TOTALLY PISSED HIM OFF, THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!> Noelle roared.  It was a sign of the seriousness of the situation, as Noelle isn't prone to cursing like a sailor.**

Dark Phoenix, though his face did not show it, seemed to be relishing the destruction of the Andalites.  He burned them slowly, until there was nothing left of the ship but the tiniest vapor.

<No . . .> Noelle said, shocked.

"They're . . ." Parker said, unable to complete the sentence at the horrid deaths of these arrogant Andalites.  It is a fate that no one would wish upon their worst enemy.

Dark Phoenix looked at each RAFian in turn, which incensed them greatly.  Then he spotted Estelore, who muttered, "Oh dear", and then attempted to flee.  Dark Phoenix attempted to go after her, but a commanding voice rang out through the forum, "STOP."
----
*Get the reference?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:57:40 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
Now, hopefully this chapter will be a bit longer.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
Revelations

The RAFians and Dark Phoenix gazed in the direction of the voice.  It was Cloak, standing atop an earthen spire.  Cloak's cloak was blowing to his right, giving the whole thing a dramic flair.

Then Cloak sunk the spire into the ground.  Then walked sedately to Dark Phoenix, pausing to tell Parker to get some sun, with a cheeky smirk.  Then he strode right up to Dark Phoenix.

"Stop this, Mummudrai Eville."

Dark Phoenix looked taken aback.  Whether it was this pronouncement or Cloak's sudden appearance.  Cloak took note of this.

"Yes, I know who you are.  We met many years ago."  Cloak glanced casually to Az, then back at Eville.  "Only then, you were under the moniker 'Mr. E'."

Az gasped.  Mummudrai Eville had possessed Az on that occasion, but he did not take full control, nor did he exhibit matter transmutation powers.  But Cloak had an answer for that.

"Somehow," Cloak continued in that maddeningly calm tone, "you had merged with the Eye of Sarnoth Odin, there by giving you the power to manipulate this reality."

"You . . ." it growled, yet keeping Phoenix's face emotionless.  "Now, I will finish what I began with you three years ago!"

"I think not." Cloak said, though he was actually playing for time.  He was hoping Demos succeeded in getting the Feather.  "Death comes for us all, Mummudrai Eville.  But something much worse awaits for you.  When you die," Cloak shows his feline acrobatic skill while dodging fireballs, "when you die, it will be without honor."

"What do I care about honor, fool?" Eville said, still keeping Phoenix's face emotionless, though it was clear that it was feeling rage.  "Only the weak believe in such moronic morals."

Any time now, Demos, Cloak thought.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
'Nother chapter.  Time to start wrappin' this one up.  Gonna be a LONG chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
The Feather of Truth

"WHERE is he?" Cloak muttered, as he used his feline agility and speed to dodge Phoenix's attacks.  He could not free Phoenix without that Feather.  Well, he could, but it wouldn't be effective.  Or even if it was, it wouldn't be permanent.

Cloak redirected the fire, back at Phoenix, having just remembered he was a master of the Fire element.  It was his least favorite element out of the Six, so he regularly forgot about it.

Then, suddenly, and explosion of energy to his left, and he saw Demos, on fire.  But his natural regeneration ability was healing up every bit of damage.  Cloak did not know if this ability of Demos could burn out, although it was perfectly logical that it could.

"Demos, HAVE YOU GOT IT?!" Cloak said.

"What?  No 'hi'?  No 'how have you been'?"

"Demos, this isn't the time --"

"No 'thank you'?"

"DEMOS -- wait, does that mean you got it?"

Demos opened his hand to reveal a white feather with the slightest rainbow aura.  It was the Feather of Truth, against what mortal's hearts were weighed in Ancient Egypt.  It was essential here.  Demos tossed it to Cloak, who caught it, just barely.  Then Cloak held it up and it stuck in solid air.  Then Cloak jabbed his hand (which was open palmed, with fingers closed, pointing upward) at the Feather, with his palm just barely making contact.

"With this Feather of Truth, feather of an Egyptian phoenix, I call you by your true name Mummudrai Eville.  Leave Phoenix004.  EXPELLICORPUS!!!!"

Golden-scarlet energy streamed from Cloak's hand into the Feather.  The feather focused the energy, and caused it to hit exactly where Phoenix's heart was.  Eville was screaming as he was forced out.  Phoenix fell to the ground, caught by Nate.

Eville was that black shadowy mass that FuBar, Bladeh and he had sensed all those nights ago.  But now it was bodiless again.  Cloak turned on the power through the Feather, still acting as it's focal point.  And the Eye of Sarnoth Odin fell out of the black mass.

It attempted to reabsorb it, but Cloak terrakinetically caused it to fly to his other hand.  Then he dropped his right hand, and the Feather was gone used up.  The other RAFians were getting the injured out of the way, and to the infirmary.  Cloak's energy reserves were draining while trying to do this, but he was aware there was still more to do.

From his cloak, he started pulling jar after jar and throwing them at Mummudrai Eville.  But it kept shattering them into dust.  Then Cloak brought out a larger jar, one that emitted a faint blue glow and was occasionally licked with lightning.  He tossed this at Eville . . .

And missed.

But, fortunately, Parker caught it, loaded it into a rocket launcher he just happened to have lying around.  Then he fired it, and it hit Eville.  But it did not shatter this jar.  It was trapped.

"Thanks, Parker." Cloak said, exhaustion evident and obvious in his voice.  "I will do what I should have done with this thing those many years ago.  Throw it beyond the Veil."

Then Cloak looked around.  "But first, I will fix what this creature wrought.  It is my responsibility."

"How do you figure that?"

"I did not take care of this monster all those years ago, like I should have.  If I had, Phoenix would not have been possessed.  My fellow RAFians would not have suffered."

"You can't put that on yourself."

"Unfortunately, I can."

Cloak raised the Eye high, charged his hand with his golden-scarlet energy and engulfed the Eye in that energy.  It unleashed powerful waves of red and gold, the effects of which were immediately obvious as Parker was now in full SPARTAN armor once again.  The RAFians that were transmogrified were returned to their former selves, and those injured were healed.

After this was over, Cloak stumbled a bit, but stood resolutely.  Then he glared at the Eye, and terrakinetically shattered it into translucent dust.  It's powers to transmute matter gone forever.

"Now, I'll be back in a bit."  And he went to throw the revanent through the veil.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2012, 01:22:05 PM »
Now, the last chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
Not Forgotten

Cloak did return after he pitched the jar beyond the Oblivion Veil.  Phoenix was undergoing some psychological counseling -- and no one could blame him, after the ordeal that he went through.  If you can go on after being possessed by an egomaniacal wrath carrying supercharged bling that forced you to basically terrorize a forum that's so dear to you without needing a little therapy, you're absolutely crazy.

Cloak had gone to his thread and slept, as that battle was hard and draining on him, as well.  Then he had a little something to eat, and gone to see that the infirmary was empty, and Goom was closing up shop, so to speak, for the night.

"Nice that you finally showed up in the end," Goom said, uncharacteristicall y snide.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You abandoned us when we needed you!" Goom accused, eyes boring through Cloak.

"No, I didn't.  I had to go to the Nexus and be sure that my suspicions were true."

"Did you tell anyone about your suspicions?  Did you let anyone, other than Demos, in on your master plan?  Hmmm?"

Cloak didn't say anything.

"I thought so."

"It's not like that, Goom.  I --"

"And you're still hiding something from us.  I may be a simple Goomba, Cloak, but it does not mean I'm not perceptive.  You clearly found out something at the Nexus that's disturbed you.  And you won't tell us, even though it'll probably directly affect us."

A momentary pause.

"Malice is alive."

"Who's Malice?"

A month or two later, Cloak was standing on the hill overlooking the site with his neice Shadow.

"Why didn't I get a bigger part?"

"There wasn't room."

"Yes, there was!  How about Chapter --"

"Shadow, don't harp on about that."

"Okay, what about the ending?  Wasn't that a little too easy?"

"Go to your room."

"Hey!"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »
Haha, very nice. Great job Cloak.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »
Thanks, Parker.  Don't know how many chapters I can post this week -- hafta prepare for Faith and Shadow's visit -- they're gonna go to some ceremony thing about Dagger's daughter and her church (my mom had suggested I not attend on the off-chance that Brute will be there -- apparently Dagger has forgiven him, but, then again, he didn't steal her identity).

Oh, and I decided to change the title of this "book".  And this chapter, the introduction chapter, probably will be on the short side.  Oh, yeah!  Hundredth reply!

BOOK FOUR:
One RAFian's Worth

CHAPTER ONE:
The RAFian Picnic

It was quite a lovely day out, so the RAFians decided to have a picnic.  Upon the ground there were numerous blankets with picnic baskets -- and no Yogi in sight.  It was really quite a wonderful time.

Cloak and Shadow were back on the hill, only not breaking the fourth wall to smithereens this time.  They were surveying the ambient joyous feeling that RAF was submerged in.

Estelore was taking this time to for much-required relaxation after the stress of nearly being eaten by a possessed-Phoenix.  Phoenix was still reeling from the under violation of it, and would not talk about it.  The other RAFians took his lead on this, and did not interrogate him about it.

There were civil discussions about this and that.  Mostly animorphs.  The Andalites grazed well, the humans sunbathed, the dragons curled around trees, and Bear, Gaz, Horse and Guy were all splashing each other playfully, with screams of laughter.

Cloak blinked, and saw, with a start, that the Pootang was free.  But it was not attacking or being murderous or even attempting to consume Horse.  It was curled up upon a flannel blanket, snoozing in the sun.  Cloak found this amusing and unexpected.

Cloak predicted that soon enough, it will attack, eat Horse, destroy some threads, eat Horse, battle the RAFians, and eat Horse.  Why does it like eating Horse?  Only the Pootang itself knows that answer.

Parker, however, was with Aila and Aquilai in his TARDIS.  Aila's TARDIS had been stolen and was missing.  Parker inquired on how that could happen, and Aila confessed that she did not know.  Parker states that that response is none too reassuring.  Suddenly, the TARDIS was tossed about a bit.

"What the -- What happened?!" Parker roared.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:16:41 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
Yay! First mention of my TARDIS! :D

(Switching signatures to represent the Time Lord revival ^^)
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
Get used to it, Aquilai -- it'll play a role in the next chapter and towards the end.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »
This is a good read, I hope you write often.  ^_^

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks, Noelle.  But I think I've posted the only chapter I will today -- but don't hold me to this.

(January 7, 2020)