Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34709 times)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
I understand you're busy, and the graphic novel is a big work... but I'd like to see you more on RAF. I miss you, man! Please, come sometimes, OK?

PS: I think I wouldn't be really good for a graphic novel ^^' but I try to draw some moments of the books, like the big moments, or random things with a big meaning for us...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40:33 AM »
Hey guys. I know I'm not really a part of this project and you probably have other people doing this kinda stuff. But I can't sleep and I was browsing round the topics for this project and thought I'd give some storyboarding a shot. You don't have to use it but let me know if you like it. Hope I was clear enough with the description of positions I doodled out some storyboards but its kinda hard to describe, I could prob scan them if you want.

PANEL 1: Full top ¼ of page.
Scene Description: A Long-shot of arcade. In the middle is Jake and Marco with their backs to us playing a game. Rows of arcade games with various people playing are on the sides to show depth.
Caption (top left): My name is Jake.
Caption (bottom left): Just Jake.
Caption (bottom middle): It would be too risky to tell you my last name.
Caption (bottom right): The controllers are everywhere…

PANEL 2: 1/8th page panel below 1.
Scene Description:  Close-up of Jake and Marco playing their game still with backs to us. The game screen reads: GAME OVER.
Caption (top left): And if they find us…
Caption (bottom right): Well let’s just say I don’t want them to find us.

PANEL 3: 1/8th page panel to the right of 2.
Scene Description:  Medium shot of Jake and Marco walking through the mall with hands in pockets. Slightly bored expressions.
Caption (top left): We used to be just five normal kids-
Caption (next to Jake): Me
Caption (next to Marco): My best friend Marco

PANEL 4: 1/8th page panel below 2.
Scene Description:  Medium shot of Tobias inside music store viewed from outside store. Tobias is waving.
Caption (top left): Tobias. This kid I helped with some bullies once.
Tobias: Hey guys!

PANEL 5: 1/8th page panel below 4.
Scene Description:  Close shot of Jake and Marco with Tobias’ head in the foreground. Marco is gesturing with a thumb towards Jake.
Tobias: What’s up?
Jake: Heading home.
Marco: Out of quarters, thanks to certain people.
Tobias: So, like maybe I’ll walk home with you guys?

PANEL 6: 1/4th vertical page panel to the right of 4 and 5.
Scene Description:  Medium view of Rachel and Cassie in a clothing store. Rachel is holding up a dress to Cassie and Cassie is looking exasperated.
Caption (next to Rachel): My cousin Rachel.
Caption (next to Cassie): and her best friend Cassie.
Caption (bottom): Rachel is really fashionable and graceful. Cassie is more casual and peaceful.
___________________ __________
PANEL 1: 1/4th vertical page panel.
Scene Description:  Medium shot of Cassie and Rachel leaving the clothing store. Jake, Tobias and Marco are in the foreground heading towards them.
Jake: Hey Rachel, you guys heading home?
Caption (bottom right): I guess you could say I kind of like Cassie.

PANEL 2: 1/8th page panel to the top right of 1.
Scene Description:  Close up of Jake. Smiling.
Jake: You shouldn’t go through the construction site by yourselves. I mean, being girls and all.

PANEL 3: 1/8th page panel below 2.
Scene Description:  Close up of Rachel with Cassie slightly behind her. Rachel has a ****y, challenging look with one eye brow raised. Cassie is eyeing her, waiting for a response.

PANEL 4: 1/4th horizontal page panel below 1 and 3.
Scene Description:  Close-up of Rachel on the left side with a challenging angry look on her face. Cassie with a worried look slightly behind her to the right. Jake on the far right side facing Rachel showing the left side of his face with a surprised expression.
Rachel: Are you going to come protect us you big strong ma-a-an?

PANEL 5: 1/8th page panel below 4.
Scene Description:  Rachel with challenging look and finger in the air to make a point. Cassie with her hand on Rachel’s shoulder.
Rachel: You think just we’re helpless just because-
Cassie: I’d appreciate it if they did walk home with us.

PANEL 6: 1/8th page panel to the right of 5.
Scene Description:  Close up of Cassie on the left side and Jake facing her on the right side. Rachel is on the far left half out of frame with her arms crossed. Jake and Cassie are smiling at each other.
Cassie: I know you’re not afraid of anything, Rachel, but I guess I am.
Scene Description:  Long shot. The five ani’s on the bottom middle with backs to us. A road runs to the right and ahead is the construction site. The ani’s are approaching a chain link fence with a KEEP OUT sign that is rusty and has several holes in it. Past the fence the construction site drops down into a small valley giving us a slight aerial view of it. Above is the night sky with stars and a small bright light.
Caption (bottom left): So there we were. The five of us. Five normal mall rats heading home.
Caption (bottom right): Five minutes later, life got a lot scarier.

PANEL 2: 1/4th horizontal page panel below 1.
Scene Description:  The five ani’s are walking from left to right on the left side of frame. Behind them is a large crane. Ahead of them is various trash and debris, possibly remnants of a fire and alcohol from a party.
Caption (top left): My parents threatened to ground me til I was 30 if I ever took the shortcut through the construction site.

PANEL 3: 1/8th page panel below 2.
Scene Description:  Close up of Marco at the bottom of the frame. Rachel and Cassie are behind him looking around apprehensively.
Marco: You hear that? Yea, definitely an ax murderer.

PANEL 4: 1/8th page panel to the right of 3.
Scene Description:  Jake is on the left turning back to talk out of frame. Tobias is on the right looking upward transfixed. Jake is bumping into Tobias.
Jake: Shut up Marco.
Tobias: Look.
Jake: What?
Tobias: Just look.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:42:58 AM by Duff »

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #302 on: September 01, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
I don't really know where to put this, but I'm doing a Western-style comic book version of #5 The Predator on my own time, and was thinking if we were splitting the art duties between various artists/doing artstyle shifts per narrator, I could throw my own work in there. I'll post some of the pages when I get the chance.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #303 on: September 01, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »
I'll be waiting for them ^^

Usually, for a comic book, you can split the work like this:
- scenario (here the novels are already written, so...)
- script and division (what happens in each picture)
- drawings of the main characters
- drawings of the background (sometimes characters are included, if you don't see clearly who they are)
- inking
- lettering
- coloring

But for now it doesn't seem there is a good organization... So I don't know. Maybe everybody who want to work on the Graphic Novel can say what they want to do (and can do) and then we could make teams.
If you need somebody to organize, I can help. I already do that for the Ebooks. But I won't help you with the drawings, except if I really feel I have enough time to follow the project. I think we have enough good artists on RAF, you don't need me ^^

(edited)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:25:41 AM by Dameg »
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
Lettering, too! It and coloring are the two things I don't do on my own, because I absolutely SUCK at them.

Post Merged: September 01, 2010, 06:28:36 PM
Here's the only page I've finished inking. Haven't added text yet. It's from the second scene in #5, the one where Marco's retelling the story of how he went gorilla and got shot at, and then they meet Ax to discuss stealing a Bug Fighter.

Full-size is here.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:29:11 PM by LisaCharly »

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #305 on: September 01, 2010, 08:46:21 PM »
..I LOVE IT!!!
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2010, 05:28:20 AM »
It's awesome!!!! Really, I like your style, particularly Ax!
Only one thing: Rachel's nose is a little too big. But it's a detail. It's just that she's cute so she should be cute all the time ;)

And I edited the list to add lettering. Sorry for forgetting it ^^'
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »
Rachel's face gives me no end of grief. I can draw pretty girls up close, but at arm's length they all look weird. Everyone's arms look really weird too.

I'm glad you both like it, though! :) Ax is super fun to draw.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
The arms didn't shock me. It's your style, and I have no problem with it. Ax is pretty angular, but I like it like that ^^ Really, the only thing is Rachel on the 3rd pic.
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline dovelina

• Dovelina's Photobucket
« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »
This is kind of off-topic, but does anyone want to write a script of the whole David trilogy? Or at least for the first book? I've been thinking of doing a graphic novel of the David trilogy, but I have had no time to reread the books in detail and write a script. Plus I'm really bad at describing things and making up dialog if there needs to be made-up dialog.

I've read through some of the scripts in this topic, and I think there's a lot of people are really good at writing scripts and basically verbally storyboarding the events of the story.

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »
I'd be willing to script #20-22 if no one else would like to. I was considering tackling #22 myself if I finished #5, so I already have some storyboarding ideas.

Page 4 of The Predator, full scale here. Discussing stealing a Bug Fighter, Ax implies Marco's a coward, Marco points out Ax hasn't seen combat, Tobias brings up speeding up Andalite help, and Jake calls a vote. Copious amounts of wite-out and magic eraser used on this whole darn page. Pages 1 and 2 will be up when I obtain more cardboard paper, since they're night scenes. I'm so not looking forward to drawing the mall scene.

Is anyone willing to letter? I've done it before but I'm utterly terrible.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:29:38 PM by LisaCharly »

Offline dovelina

• Dovelina's Photobucket
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »
LisaCharly, I love your art. Your inking is really good and even though there aren't any words yet, I know exactly what's going on. If you throw the script at me, I can try my hand at lettering.

And yay for offering to tackle the David trilogy! You don't know what you're getting yourself into. ;D

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #312 on: September 03, 2010, 07:40:12 AM »
This page is awesome too ^^

Why don't you letter it with the computer? I mean, it's pretty easy that way...
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
^I've tried lettering with a computer (I used to illustrate a webcomic), but mostly I'm just really clumsy with it. I have no sense of placement or anything.

LisaCharly, I love your art. Your inking is really good and even though there aren't any words yet, I know exactly what's going on. If you throw the script at me, I can try my hand at lettering.

And yay for offering to tackle the David trilogy! You don't know what you're getting yourself into. ;D

Thanks! I'll PM you and work on some David pages today. :)

Offline dovelina

• Dovelina's Photobucket
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »
Awesome! You can email them to me, since I don't think my PM box has enough space. I'll PM you my address :D