Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34710 times)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
Re: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2009, 09:06:18 AM »
Ok, I've kind of lost this and I'm sorry, but that drawing is FRICKIN' A!
I'm always open for betaing/being a sounding board for any ideas. ^_^

And are we going to stick with the books or are we going to have like...sub-plots?
-t3
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2009, 04:55:54 AM »
Haven't been here in a while.
Drawing styles aside, with Scripting, it's important to remember the medium you are writing it in. For those of you wanting to have a crack at writing it, I'll try putting it in a nutshell.

PANEL 1-2-3...: roughly describe size according to page and such. One can fit an average of 6-8 panels.
Scene Description: A Long-shot/Medium-shot/Close-up of landscape, character/s, props... positions, gestures, action, doing, saying, expressing something. Detailed.
Narrative Captions/Dialogue/speech/Sound Effects: These follow Scene Description and differ from the Script information by using ALL-CAPITALS. Characters being clearly indicated everytime they speak.
Page breaks: Number and indicate page-breaks by doing a line across the page.
I'll do a short example below.

Eg:
Panel 1 - 1/2pg: A long-shot birds-eye view of the roof of Cassie's barn.

CAPTION: MIDDAY. CASSIE'S PARENT'S BARN.

Panel 2 - 1/3pg: A long-shot of the Anis in the barn. A tense feel as they face each other. Cassie is pausing from feeding a duck to looking at Jake. Tobias is on Rachel's shoulder and they staring at Jake. Ax is in front of Marco, who is sitting uncomfortably on a haystack. Something was said prior to this panel.

Panel 3: Same scene, but for Marco jumping up waving his arms wackily as he breaks the silence.

MARCO: ARE YOU INSANE?!?!

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _______

Like Meanders stated, some panels may have no speech at all. But the Script Writer ALWAYS has to describe the content of the panel or lead the artist onto what can be filled. Doing the panel divisions helps to set out the pace of the storytelling.

Ok, I've kind of lost this and I'm sorry, but that drawing is FRICKIN' A!
I'm always open for betaing/being a sounding board for any ideas. ^_^
And are we going to stick with the books or are we going to have like...sub-plots?...
Hey, traycon3, glad you liked the drawing. Indeed I've been a little lost on this myself with my other commitments. But feeling confident about people's input and fingers crossed that it may well pick up again.
Discussion over how we can write the Graphic Novel aren't really set. So you and anyone else would be welcome to express your opinions here. Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:02:17 AM by Gafrash »

Offline Homiegee

« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »
Homiegee, when you say frame, do you mean a panel on a page or an entire page?

I mean a panel on a page, with about four panels per page. Granted some of the panels could be larger for more detailed drawings and important scenes.

Drawing styles aside, with Scripting, it's important to remember the medium you are writing it in. For those of you wanting to have a crack at writing it, I'll try putting it in a nutshell.

OK, I'll rewrite my script to those specifications.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
is this posted in here already?
just came across it. http://www.charrartist.com/Animorphs/

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2010, 11:16:22 PM »
I know her. She is an amazing artist.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline Daxis

• Hey. Yo. Bye.
    • The Escapist: Free online stories
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »
So... how's it going?

I wish I could help, but my drawings are amazingly manga influenced, I don't have a tablet, and the art is completely inconsistent.

I would help write, but for some reason, storyboarding comics are such a block for me. Editing is easy, though.
The same reason they call it holy water is also the same reason they call it holy S***

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »
I think an Animorphs graphic novel in Manga-style would be pretty sweet, personally. I LOVED the Star Wars manga adaptations.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »
Too late, Slushie ^^' We decided it'll be made with American-style drawings...
Don't you like Gafrash's drawings?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2010, 12:04:44 PM »
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love those as well, lol. I think they're amazing.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
OK, so no problem ^^

[spoiler]A manga-style comics would be cool too... lol[/spoiler]
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
So, is this thing still going? Cuz I'm in the process of learning how to do manga styles(so far I can draw heads and faces but that's about it :P) and once my laptop is back I can do some graphic work
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Bito

• My DeviantART
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »
I thought this sounded like fun, but I'm not sure if it's still something relevant?

I'm alright at drawing, but mostly in the manga-style (not exactly average manga, it's more like "my-own-style-manga".)

I would be able to come up with individual illustrations, but not a full comic strip. But I'm not good at colouring..

But here's something I doodled for some days ago:

They're just doodles, really. Nothing high-quitity xD. The designs are based on the models on the covers (Human Tobias is a mix between the long-haired guy and short-haired guy that is his model(s) + my own way of seeing him)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
That's cute ^^

As Blue, I'd like to know, Gafrash, if you still continue this project. I know drawing with your Hork-bajir host isn't the best and you must be very busy with the invasion as we all are, but... do you still have time and courage to do it?
Please give us some news about you ^^ We don't see you as often as we would like.
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Intrepid

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »
Just a note, from someone working on her own webcomic: Space is tight. Dialogue per panel should be short and brief. Layout of dialogue, ideally, should be done either before or during the art creation, otherwise, it can start to really cramp up the page and make it difficult to read, as I know from experience. :P

I've got a book on writing for comics around here somewhere. I'll dig it up over the next day or two and post up a section or two, and maybe if I'm feeling really adventurous, hook up my scanner and show a few pages I've done of my own stuff. Emphasis on the "maybe" :P

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
...As Blue, I'd like to know, Gafrash, if you still continue this project. I know drawing with your Hork-bajir host isn't the best and you must be very busy with the invasion as we all are, but... do you still have time and courage to do it?
Please give us some news about you ^^ We don't see you as often as we would like...

Hey crew, I was very clear at the beginning that this project could not lift off without collaboration. Given the low commitment (ref. lack of frequency people post, little involvement and distant contribution) from the last year in this section, I found myself not popping in here as much as I should have lately. As a result, I only just read this.

Real pity I currently have been bogged down by my work and studies. My daily activities are leaving little time on the side for my artworks and even less time to manage this online.

As much as I still want to see an ANIMORPHS GRAPHIC NOVEL and be a part of it, for the moment I am forced to put this on hold.

However, there's nothing stopping you guys that are still keen (Dameg, Blue M&M, Daxis, Homiegee,)
from generating some real kewl work.

Soon as I find myself with time again, I will shake things here once again.
But we are looking at sometime mid next year...

OK, I'll rewrite my script to those specifications.

How did you go, Homiegee?! I got e-mails from a couple of people. Can't remember if I heard back from you...