Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142077 times)

Offline anijen21

Re: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »
right

so shouldn't morphs work the same way?

I mean, they all spend a lot less time "in morph" than in their normal bodies, but for instance, when Ax morphed Jake when Jake was infested, his "Jake" morph should be three days older the next time he uses it.

lol does that make sense?
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »
Exactly.

I have a question. Was the general starting age 12-14, or 11-13? Jake was 16 at the end, so he had to be 13. Now I always imagined him being one of the oldest, if not the oldest. But I also heard it was 12-14, which means he wouldn't be the oldest.

I always pictured Jake being the oldest at 13, then possibly marco also at 13. He's supposed to be short for his age, and that would be most noticable if he was one of the oldest Anis. I always pictured Tobias being the youngest at two years below Jake. The girls could be tin the in between age so they run the 11-13 spectrum.

But that's just me. I could be wrong.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #392 on: August 02, 2009, 06:14:45 PM »
I think the 14 came from ax... something about 1 andalite year being 7 earth years and ax being 2 years old...

Offline anijen21

« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2009, 06:29:15 PM »
I don't think Ax's age was ever given, was it? Maybe in the last book lol idk. But I remember reading in the anibase that she said she pictured Ax as a 3-4 year old Andalite, and their years are 84 months, "so he was about the same age as the Animorphs," and idk if she just didn't divide by 12 right or what but that would make him 21-28 years old.

anyway.

I always figured there were all in the same grade, but you're right, there's no textual proof of that. They all vaguely knew each other in a public school, and idk about you guys, but I only "vaguely knew" people in my own grade, and anyone below or above that was kind of white noise.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »
That could be a simple typo. If she actually meant 48 months (which would mean that one Andalite year = four Earth years) then Ax would have been about the same age as the other Animorphs.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #395 on: August 02, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
If they're didn't have direct or indirect connections to each other, they probably wouldn't know each other. They're all connected to Jake in some way. Other than Ax.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »
I had a sister that was 3.5 years older than me. She intro'd me to a lot of older kids, so even though I was in 5th grade, or 9th grade, I had a lot of older friends. In HS I had senior & junior friends when I was a frosh. When I was soph, I had a junior friend, etc. It's not hard for me to see them having friends in other years.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline anijen21

« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »
That could be a simple typo. If she actually meant 48 months (which would mean that one Andalite year = four Earth years) then Ax would have been about the same age as the other Animorphs.

lol you're probably right...but I liked that Ax was older, because flawed as they are, the Andalites didn't strike me as the type of people to send 12 year olds into open combat.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »
If a twelve year old Andalite can do the kind of things Ax can do, I don't see any problem with it. He was a capable warrior, and the least messed up after the war. You know, before he got assimilated.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »
well twelve year old humans could do the kinds of things Ax could do, and 12-year-olds have fought in wars in the past...

does that make it right?

Hypocritical and arrogant as the Andalites can be, I really, really don't think they're the types of people to send children into open combat.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
I don't really want to get into a big debate on all that. I'm just saying that sending a young person into combat isn't inherrently bad.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #401 on: August 03, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »
I guess I think it is.

Which is weird, because I'm usually all "INNOCENCE IS OVERRATED" and "LET THE KIDS WATCH R RATED MOVIES IF THEY WANT TO" and "FREEDOM OF SPEECH BEFORE THE PROTECTION OF OUR YOUTH"

does that make me a hypocrite idk. LOL I AM GOING ALL CASSIE ON YOU, SANCTIMONIOUS AND INCONSISTENT

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »
Yeah, you seem to be suffering from Cassitis.

He wasn't entirely in open combat. He was an Aristh, which is like a trainee. Their species probably mature faster. Different species and even races have different values than us. It's not our place to judge.

Either way this has turned into a discussion, not a quick answer. I think to continue, a diff thread should be started.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #403 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
he was on a Dome Ship headed toward Earth where an open space battle ensued and he almost died. Where did he think he was going?

And though I disagree and think, yes, sometimes it IS our place to judge, my point was just that it did not seem like an Andalite characteristic to send children into war. They took their fighting pretty seriously, but honor, ritual, and tradition were the most serious parts of that. I can't see them considering children soldiers as honorable or traditional.

And yes, their species probably mature faster, but Ax was still in school and said at times that he would still be living in his parent's scoop if he wasn't in war. He was still a kid. But a much older kid, I think, than the Animorphs.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »
Again, this should be further discussed in another thread.