Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142083 times)

Offline anijen21

Re: Animorphs FAQ Thread: Ask Simple One-Answer Questions Here!
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
if anyone cares, the tailstrike jumped out of zero space right after elfangor rammed visser three's blade ship at the end of the andalite chronicles

and what is happening in iran :(
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #301 on: June 15, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

WTF?? that's a bit off topic, is it not?
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2009, 07:14:01 PM »

WTF?? that's a bit off topic, is it not?

Yes it is, please make a topic to discuss it if there isn't one already.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline MoonStarRaven

« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »
OK I've been wondering about this for awhile. If the cube can accidentally give an animal the power to morph... Why couldn't it be used to give a nothlit back the power to morph? I could maybe understand under normal circumstances, a nothlit not being given back the power as their original body is gone and would no longer be viewed as an Andalite and since Andalites don't share their technology with others...

However the Animorphs don't hold to that Andalite rule so I never understood why Tobias couldn't trap himself back in his human morph and then be given back the power to morph with the blue cube??

Or was it ever stated that once trapped in a morph the cube wouldn't work? But I don't see why it wouldn't?  ???

Sorry if this has been asked before or is obvious, I only discovered the books a few years ago and just recently got back into rereading them.
~ You should always take the time to randomly hug people...
(it really freaks them out)  ;D

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2009, 07:03:09 PM »
If this is truly your first post, I would like to say, "Welcome." You should Start a thread in the Introductions and Departures section, meet everybody, and make yourself known!

It was mostly just "understood" that once you've been trapped that the tech would no longer work for you. The inner workings of the Escafil Device were never explained. However, they said that once trapped, you would not be able to morph again. So I think it's just one of those unsaid rules, you know? That would be a good thread for discussion, you should start one.

Again, welcome, and please introduce yourself in: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
as for the case with tobias, a member in the past made an interesting point: by the time they got the cube back, tobias already regained the morphing power...

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2009, 10:20:17 AM »
OK I've been wondering about this for awhile. If the cube can accidentally give an animal the power to morph... Why couldn't it be used to give a nothlit back the power to morph? I could maybe understand under normal circumstances, a nothlit not being given back the power as their original body is gone and would no longer be viewed as an Andalite and since Andalites don't share their technology with others...

However the Animorphs don't hold to that Andalite rule so I never understood why Tobias couldn't trap himself back in his human morph and then be given back the power to morph with the blue cube??

Or was it ever stated that once trapped in a morph the cube wouldn't work? But I don't see why it wouldn't?  ???

Sorry if this has been asked before or is obvious, I only discovered the books a few years ago and just recently got back into rereading them.

First of all, welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy it here!  :)

And secondly, yes we do get that question a lot. All the time actually, lol. The truth is we don't know for certain, as we have no idea how the morphing technology worked (besides that stuff about Zero Space) and it is never specifically said that a nothlit can't use the cube. However, it seem pretty obvious that they can't, otherwise Ax or Elfangor would have mentioned it.

as for the case with tobias, a member in the past made an interesting point: by the time they got the cube back, tobias already regained the morphing power...

That is true, but if it were possible then why didn't Tobias simply trap himself in his human body and then use the cube to get the morphing power again?

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »

That is true, but if it were possible then why didn't Tobias simply trap himself in his human body and then use the cube to get the morphing power again?

You got school'd!

Haha, j/k. Yeah, if that possibilty was there, you'd think The Ellimist would've let them know.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
how did I get schooled? it wasn't my idea. I was repeating what someone said before...

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
I know, it was a joke.

Offline SarahConnor2

• KABLAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

Haha, j/k. Yeah, if that possibilty was there, you'd think The Ellimist would've let them know.
I've always pondered these questions myself. I mean, he would be full-fledged human, so he should be able to simply use the cube to regain morphing powers.

And no, I don't think the Ellimist would have told them, considering what he jipped Tobias into in the first place with their deal.
*~The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return~*
-Moulin Rouge

Offline MoonStarRaven

« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »
Ok here's a random question that just occurred to me today well at the swimming pool...

If the Animorphs where always so afraid of being made into a controller, Why did they never just invest in a supply of ear plugs? I mean if earplugs can keep water out of your ear well swimming I'm fairly sure it would stop an alien slug from getting into your ear.  ;)

And on that note, I wonder if Yeerks had an ear preference? Like a right or left hand preference in humans, did some prefer going in threw the left or right ear?
~ You should always take the time to randomly hug people...
(it really freaks them out)  ;D

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »
What's to keep any controller from pulling the plug out? Although morphing something that doesn't have outer ears, or has ear flaps like Crocs, could be useful.

I don't know if there's evidence or anything, but going in through a certain ear repeatedly might make it easier to go through each time. I figure some Yeerks might have a certain preference. The first time could be a random ear, and subsequent infestation could usually be the same ear. But when the other controllers working at the pier are forcing a head down, they probably don't keep up with which ear is the designated ear. They are probably more concerned with efficiency. Just get the head down, pull the host up, and move on to the next step.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »
I highly doubt the Yeerks have a preferred ear, especially since they are blind in their natural state. And I don't think the ear plugs would work, as they are easily removed and probably can't be integrated into their demorph to human form.

Also, this is a matter for discussion and has no definite answer (as we have no way of knowing for sure), so if you want to talk about it you can make a thread for it. Please only post here if you have a simple question with only one possible answer (eg. In which book did Tobias get his morphing power back? Answer: #13).

Offline rocklobster

What happened to Madra, the girl that Allison Kim gave birth to in Visser?  Does APplegate ever reveal this or is it a plothole?