Author Topic: Animorphs Video Game  (Read 2128 times)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: Animorphs Video Game
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 06:51:27 PM »
sandbox is the way to go.
not sure if a MMORPG would work out.

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
Maybe it was a home-made game? I know when I was in Junior High and High School me and my friends made out own CCG with cards and rules that we made ourselves.

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
Maybe it was a home-made game? I know when I was in Junior High and High School me and my friends made out own CCG with cards and rules that we made ourselves.
No, I'm pretty sure it was store-bought, but I saw it a long time ago and have no proof of its existence, so I can't really be 100% certain.  But I think it was a stand alone game that used cards and not a collectable or trading card game.

VisserZer0

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »
I like the RTS and sandbox ideas. The RTS one could certainly be done by modding another game (such as Homeworld 2). I've wondered about an Animorphs game for a long time.

Offline Hewlett Aldershot III

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 12:43:15 AM »
Sandbox is my thought. If we can create huge, immersive environments like, say, the Spiderman games (not a fan of them, but the city is HUGE). For the available morphs, run something like out of Dead Rising, where the individual morphs aren't always immediately apparent, but have an orange icon highlighting them (small morphs or what not). I think that choosing how you complete a mission, and not necessarily having a hard order to things (have a mission map a la GTA, but still maintain a generally cohesive storyline). And I firmly believe that multiplayer would be a must.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »
Yeah, there are many ideas who can lead to a good Animorphs video game. But usually games from movies/books aren't so cool =_='
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 03:25:25 PM »
Well, games from movies arent so cool, there really havent been any games from books I can think of unless you count comic books. IF they make an animorphs movie it would definitely fuel an animorphs game but I'd much more prefer if they took their time and made an original animorphs game with an original storyline instead of spend 6 months to tack it on to a movie release

I'd definitely love a sandbox style game, that would offer the most potential for different kinds of missions and morphs. But if they could find a way to do an uncharted-like theatric style game I'd definitely be cool with that too even if it wasnt as free. Because with a sandbox style the gameplay can sometimes suffer when they spend so much time on the expansiveness of the world

If they could do a great sandbox game I'd love the karma idea to be worked in, great idea chad, that really fits with the idea of animorphs of having to make moral sacrifices in extreme situations

Also for sandbox it would be cool if there was a gta gangwars type of side missions where there are multiple yeerk outposts and pool entrances you have to discover and shutdown by following known controllers or stuff like that.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »
I'd prefer a GTA styled Animorphs game where you can roam around the cities and neighborhoods of...wherever the Anis live. and you can explore forests and stuff and acquire your own morphs, morph anywhere and attack anybody(though you will get the attention of controllers and will have to distance yourself from them for the alert level to go down) IDK about you but I love picking on civilians for no reason when I'm playing GTA styled games like Infamous or Prototype or Simpson's Hit and Run. And of course, what game would be complete without co-op multiplayer mode :P?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:57:47 PM by Blue the Kid »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
Yeah, killing many people, exploding many cars and have all the policemen on your tail (oh, it's "tail" in English... it's "ass" in French... conclusion: Anglo-Saxons have tails)... happiness ^^
I also like the karma idea.
There aren't so many games where your character's form change. So I think it'd be a little revolution in the world of video games... If they made a good game, of course.

PS: Look, people, if we make the Animorphs RPG (see the RAFprojects), maybe we'll take some of your ideas. I think we'll take the karma idea. I already make something like that in my other game. If you have other ideas, you can tell us in the project thread.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum