Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 198107 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4725 on: June 29, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »
Myitt scoffs. "I am not Dalik's friend. And I don't know where he is." She shrugs. "Jeffrey. It's...fine."

To Merc she starts, "I'm so s-sorry that you...that..." Another wracking spasm hits her and she grips her head tightly, whimpering. "Ngh."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4726 on: June 29, 2016, 10:11:27 PM »
"Hey, dearie, you're looking in pretty bad shape, mmkay?" says Jeffrey to Myitt rather casually. The Bartender had brought him his drink. He takes a long, deep sip of it.  "If there's a place you can glance some shut-eye, you should, but I can fully understand why you wouldn't wanna do it. Be careful and keep your weapons close."

"And Dalik...If your brother's dangerous....We should know about it, okay? I don't want to die again in the space bar in Hell or whatever."

The Bartender points to a sign that read: "Galaxy's Edge Space Bar--- Enjoy the Time You Have!"

Jeffrey raises an eyebrow. "I swear that wasn't there two seconds ago, and that might be the worst advertisement I've ever seen."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4727 on: June 29, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
Dalik swallows, fingers gripping the edge of the bar. "I didn't exactly talk to my brother," she admits. "I've been trying to connect with him for weeks. Months. He's been evading me, probably because he thinks I'm dead and the messages are coming from someone impersonating me." She curses in a strange language, sighing.

"If it's a setup, it's a damned foolish one. He can't hurt me." She glances at Jeffrey. "You, he may not mind hurting. Being human and all. Human-ish."

William accepts a fresh tankard from the bartender, who in turn sets a fresh glass in front of each of the patrons. "My treat," he tells the room at large, lifting the tankard in a 'cheers' gesture.

Looking to Merc, he grins. "What would be best, hm?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4728 on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:48 PM »
"I don't need sleep," Myitt tells the floor, head still in her hands. "I just miss him. I couldn't save him. I...I hurt him so bad, and then someone else hurt him physically and...and I didn't...we didn't even get to say goodbye. Or that we're sorry."

She looks up at Jeffrey, tears dried, her chest aching. "Sleep is the last thing I need. I need revenge." A tremor makes her jaw twitch.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4729 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »
Jeffrey shudders suddenly. There was a slight, odd, echoing ringing sound that was occurring around him...almost like pained screaming, if you were listening closely enough. But it fades quickly. "I think...I think I know how that feels. Someone close to me died badly too--- A long time ago. And I wanted to make it so it could never happen again. Never."

"But, I failed, so here we are!" says Jeffrey, trying to laugh off his momentary melancholy. "But uhh, if you want revenge...Who do you need revenge on?"

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4730 on: June 29, 2016, 10:42:24 PM »
"Look, I'm not gonna waste my breath," Merc says, glaring at William. "You do your thing, I'll do mine. Long as we're not butting heads, it's cool." He sighs, sliding the drink over to himself. "Thanks for the beer."

He listens quietly to Myitt, nodding slowly as she reaches the end. "Revenge, huh? Myitt, you're speaking my language. Soon as I make that way back home, I'm gonna find the **** that gunned down my wife, he's dead, and I'm gonna immolate anyone who gets in my way." For a brief second, an onlooker could swear to have seen a puff of smoke emanating from Merc's body. But if it was there in the first place, it was gone in an instant. "Thing is, I'm bursting at the seams with energy and fuel. Not to offend, but something tells me you're not exactly in top form at the moment."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4731 on: June 30, 2016, 06:15:47 AM »
A bright blue light pierces the sky outside as a lone tail-fighter drops from Z-Space.  It had been a long while, though not as long for most.

The sleek silver craft slices its way down through the cool air, flying over the airship 'lot' before settling over a space and lighting down smoothly.  The silver hull seems to split open as a ramp lets down onto the soft earth.  The creature that trots down the ramp has been here many times before...the beginning and end of all his stories it seemed.  He feels invigorated here, where the boundaries of dimensions are weaker.  His abilities are stronger here.  They always had been.  Immediately his senses expand as he feels life a short distance away.  So, there were people here then.  Other living beings.  Whether any are those he knows or not he cannot say.  His powers are stronger here, but the BT, of course, is the strongest force in his own domain.

One thing is certain though...if anyone he knows is here, they won't remember.  They won't remember any of it.  He'd changed it and almost broken space-time in the doing.  He had borrowed power from a good friend and changed one single event in the timeline.  Only those he'd brought with him, namely Claxter and Aetheas, remembered the original timeline of events.  Only they had been shielded from the shifting of reality.  He'd stopped the information on the rebels' base from ever being leaked to the Electorate...stoppe d its destruction...saved hundreds if not thousands of lives.  He'd preserved the Andalite defensive line, and no one would know.  Perhaps it was better off that way.  He didn't want accolades, just peace and harmony.  He'd resolved later to never alter the past again...he'd gotten lucky this time, and had still nearly destroyed all the lives he'd been trying to save.

Of course that all meant he was still a 'loyal' Prince of the grand Andalite navy.  And Enorryma and all the others were back where they'd been before the disastrous attack that, now, had never occurred.  He shakes his head, feeling so much older than the somewhat young age his body betrays.  His ARC holo-display lights up, giving him real time information on the ramshackle building ahead.  The same as always.  He checks his handheld Shredders and dual katana-like swords at his waist before moving toward the bar.

The andalite pushes open the saloon-type swinging doors and trots in, his shimmering royal-blue fur rippling with his body movements, silver-black hooves thunking on the old wood floor.  He notes five humans, two of them controllers, and one very odd-looking skeleton-like creature.  He glances at the skeleton-creature, filing it away for later processing.  Nothing could surprise in this place, after all.  But a closer perusal of one of the controllers shows him Tara's curly, unkempt locks.  Myitt...the andalite has mixed feelings seeing her.  They'd always shared a strong bond, ever since they'd met at this place.  Working closely together, well, as closely as he could get away with without angering the Electorate TOO badly.  They'd grown closer after the attack and rescue...but those things had no longer happened.  This was Myitt now, and she almost surely knew nothing about the events that had no-longer transpired.  Indeed, in the months following the andalite's reversal of that terrible attack, this Myitt had grown distant, contacting him less and less often.  Out of respect, he did not request more contact, though he'd felt them growing further apart.  Now he knows so little of her life that he feels they're little more than acquaintances.  Old acquaintances to be sure, with many fond memories, but merely acquaintances none-the-less.

She looks distraught, though he certainly has no idea why.  The hard lines of his face soften a bit, but he makes no extra effort to strike up a conversation.  He favors the other controller with a glance, letting her know with just a look that he knows what she is, before stepping up to the bar.  He nods at the BT.  <The usual.>  The BT's eyes glint darkly as he mixes a drink and pours it into a small bowl, sliding it under the counter.  The larger-than-average male andalite dips his hoof in, sipping the fermented grass liquor.  The BT merely smiles malevolently and the andalite nods back. 

<<Yes.>> He whips his muscular, sinuous, scythe-tipped tail back and forth idly.  <<Ossanlin's back.>>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:28:51 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4732 on: June 30, 2016, 07:25:36 AM »
Verdana took a little more interest in the new creature that showed up than the Humans. What sort of Monster was this? Or could it be called one? It was a mostly physical being, like a Human, but he could sense that it was considerably for than that. Like a Monster. He took out his notebook, and started drawing, and writing. It lightened his mood after this talk of loss and revenge.

Ani-Master 2014!

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4733 on: June 30, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »
Meanwhile, Merc stares wide-eyed at the new creatures, mouthing a silent, "what the hell" to nobody in particular. It takes a significant amount of self-control to avoid falling out of his chair, and he only made an effort to stay in his seat to avoid attracting attention. No, I did not take drugs. And Jeffrey didn't put that stuff in my drink. In which case... I'm actually seeing this.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4734 on: June 30, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »
Jeffrey's lighthearted chatter suddenly stops as soon as he sees the impossible creature that enters through the front door. He twitches. "Wait, what the...blue centaur?!" Jeffrey smacks his forehead and stands up suddenly, dusting off his vest. "Really? Really?!" Jeffrey glares at the Bartender. "I've just started pretending that none of this is even happening. Because that..."

Jeffrey walks over towards where the blue deer is sitting, "is the most ridiculo...."

Jeffrey's words catch in his throat as he's suddenly hit with a sensation he's only experienced one other time--- The time he met the Grey Lady as he was dying. The time when all the threads of past, present, and future come together. The paladin, right? An image of his ex-best-friend suddenly seems to appear in front of his mind's eye, eyes of vivid blue and brown skin, silver armor gleaming in the Upperdome's perpetual daylight. The person that once made his heart and his voice sing with pleasure and camaderie, and the one who had broken his heart in the end. And in some other place and time, it had been somebody completely different, hadn't it?

"Derek," Jeffrey says breathlessly to the creature without thinking, standing in front of the centaur.  But just like that, the veil of confusion fades away, and he remembers that he has no idea what the hell this creature is or what it's doing here. ....This thing isn't Derek. I'm just distracted by the past. Looks like we all are. Jeffrey shakes his head and his usual sardonic, jovial expression snaps back into place.

"Sorry. Got carried away for a minute there. I died like a couple hours ago, and dying's really weird as it turns out...so it kinda figures. Welcome to the hellhole! What the **** are you, first off? Are you a Yeerk too?"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:31:34 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4735 on: June 30, 2016, 11:37:58 AM »
All of Dalik's words die when the Andalite strides in. Her inhale catches in her throat and she stares, the oatmeal and Myitt forgotten. Her eyes narrow, and for a fifteen-year-old girl she suddenly looks quite a bit older. Her hand slides to her Dracon, and she straightens her spine, turning her back to Myitt to face this new threat fully. "Andalite," she breathes, though amidst the tension in her voice is awe.

William's own reaction to the strange centaur's appearance is strangely nonchalant. He gives it a flat, disbelieving look, then brings the tankard to his lips, draining it entirely and shaking his head in blatant disbelief. He keeps one ear on Jeffrey and Merc, interested in both of their conversations equally. Revenge was one of his favorite topics, after all.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:39:42 AM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4736 on: June 30, 2016, 11:43:42 AM »
Myitt smiles thinly at Merc. "No," she intones. "I'm not alright, right now." With a shrug she murmurs, "Sorry 'bout your wife. This **** sucks."

She blinks, eyeing Jeffrey. "I need to kill a Visser. A general of the Yeerk Empire." Myitt laughs, pouring herself yet another drink, her hands shaking so badly now that quite a bit of the red stuff sloshes onto the counter. "Lucky me." She doesn't drink the shot, however.

Her attention is drawn to Ossanlin right away, and she makes her way to his side.

"Hi," she says in a small voice, quivering. "Let me pay for that." Like no time had passed, though she can feel the weight of their distance pressing down upon her. "It's good to see you again, my old friend  I--"

She presses both hands onto the bar counter next to Ossanlin, exhaling a gasp through gritted teeth. "Don't..." Even swallowing is hard. "Don't let me order any more. Please. I need your help, man."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4737 on: June 30, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »
Verdana noticed the tension when dalik mentioned the word Andalite. Was that what the blue thing was, or just some strange insult? Why the sudden hostile reaction? If there was something they did not need right now, was more negativity.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4738 on: June 30, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Ossanlin spares one stalk-eye for the unknown controller, the other settling on the non-controller approaching him.  <I'm sorry, my name is not Derek.  Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel.  War Prince.  And no, I am not a controller, thankfully.>  He favors Myitt with a glance from his main eyes recalling the time she'd saved him from infestation.

He moves his main eyes to the other controller.  <I'd keep my hands away from my Dracon were I you...especially if you're an Imperial.  I have little compunction in ending Imperials...the slightest excuse will do.>  Ossanlin grimaces a bit before turning his main eyes back to Myitt.

Her voice sounds weak, almost pitiful as she offers to pay for his drink.  <It's been awhile, Myitt.> He gestures, allowing her to pay if she really wants to.  <Looks like you've had a rough time.>  He sips at his liquor again and chuckles a bit ruefully.  <Ironic, isn't it?  You don't contact me for months...years even, and the first time we speak again, it's because you want my help.>  He shakes his head, keeping his tone calm and cool...years of practice as the Captain of a Dome Ship.  <Is that what I am to you?  A fair-weather acquaintance to be used whenever it's convenient for you?  When you need to do something but can't accomplish it on your own?>  He shakes his head again, feeling a bit bad for uttering the sharp, bitter words.  She had saved his life after all from something worse than death.  But then he'd saved her too...many times.  He draws liquor deeply from his bowl, feeling the pleasant warming sensation searing up his leg and into his body.

<Why?>  He doesn't elaborate any further, but the meaning of the question is fairly self-evident.  Why had she stopped contacting him?  Why had she just cast him off?  Why had things changed so much between them? ...  Why weren't they the same friends they'd once been long ago?
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4739 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:35 PM »
"Heh, I don't know why..." says Jeffrey, rubbing the back of his head. "Considering you're a blue flipping centaur, but for a second there I felt like I'd seen you before. It's your stance--- You have four legs, but it's rigid, like a Forward Scout member. Reminded me of someone who used to be...my friend, way back when my company, Draconis, was first founded. A guy named Derek." Jeffrey shrugs. "I think it's something in the air of this place, that makes it feel like...like...I don't know what it feels like. Anyway, guess you fall into the same universe category as the tapeworms, sorta."

Jeffrey watches the conversation between Myitt and Ossanlin awkwardly. It was clear that something huge had gone on between these two, but he had no idea what. He walks nervously towards Verdana and says,

"Hey, kid, if you're watching, make sure nothing crazy happens, okay? The tension's so thick you could cut it, and you seem like you've still got the old black magic. You, and..." He nods at Merc. "...him, too."