Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196355 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4695 on: June 29, 2016, 03:40:51 PM »
William wrinkles his nose and responds to Jeffrey by taking a large gulp of ale. "You're not entirely wrong," he admits. "Thiugh I would like to know exactly how I came to be here. Last I recall, my ship was going down. We weren't near any ports, so I have no bloody idea how I landed here . I can't be dead, so...what, then?"

Dalik swipes her array of holoscreens aside with one motion. They shatter into a glimmering array of green light, then flicker out like so many fireflies. "I am not a stick in the mud," she says seriously. "I'm working." She glances at the new woman curiously, but can't get a good view of her face. Dismissing her, she returns her attention to Jeffrey and Merc. "It seems as though my brother has stood me up. Wonderful." She glances at Jeffrey's glass. "What are you drinking?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4696 on: June 29, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
The woman only looks up to down another shot of the red liquor.

The bartender slides a nondescript tan packet in the woman's direction, and points in Merc's direction.

Her attention, however, is not on the packet.

She stares, wide-eyed, at the person who had been addressed as Dalik.

With the back of her trembling hand, she wipes tears from her cheeks and sniffles loudly.

"Dalik Two-Eight-Five-Five?" she ventures wetly, not recognizing Cameron."It is you, isn't it?" She huffs an incredulous laugh. "You ****ing dapsen coward. Where is Elran?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4697 on: June 29, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »
"At least she's talking now?".....

Verdana didn't think insulting someone was the best way to go, but it might be better than just sobbing to herself.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4698 on: June 29, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »
Dalik's attention is pulled from Jeffrey at the woman's voice. One hand goes immediately to the weapon at her side, though she doesn't draw it. "You know who I am?" she asks, keeping her young host's voice innocent. "I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met. Or this Elran fellow."

William, caught between the two women, takes a hasty step back, keeping his ale in one hand. "Don't let me interrupt," he murmurs, smirk returning as he looks between them. "It's been awhile since I saw two dames go at it."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4699 on: June 29, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »
Verdana was smart enough to know a dicey sitation when he saw one, and decided a position behind a table would be better than a bar stool. His eyes started to glow a bit brighter in surprise.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4700 on: June 29, 2016, 03:59:50 PM »
"Don't play stupid with me, Dalik," the woman says scathingly, though her heart isn't entirely behind the ire. "You took Elran from base. So you could, what, buy him a drink? I ought to drag you back and let you answer for all the **** you've pulled."

She turns to pour another glass of liquor. "**** it. Just don't bother me, alright? I'll ****ing deal with you later." She seallows the drink, then nearly chokes as she notices the packet in front of her.

She coughs and presses the back of her hand to her mouth, wheezing, "Holy ****ing Jesus!" With a scrape of her chair she stands and backs away from the counter.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4701 on: June 29, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »
"Oh, great, Crying Woman is another ****ing tapeworm Yeerk thing--- Because That's exactly what we need, more confusion," says Jeffrey, groaning. "Creepy Bartender, I'm going to need something stiff. I'll leave it to you; You seem to know what you're doing." The Bartender nods and moves to provide Jeffrey with his drink.

"As for my drink, it's a Crown and a Coke on the rocks right now--- Stiff, but not too stiff," says Jeffrey with a noncommittal shrug. "Anyway...I can't figure you guys out at all. You said something about an Empire you hate? If you're not Imperials, then what are you? Democratically inclined Yeerks?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4702 on: June 29, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »
Dalik shakes her head, dismissing Jeffrey with a wave of her hand. "Base?" she echoes, staring at her, eyebrows furrowing at the woman's outburst. She looks confused for a solid ten seconds, then bursts out laughing. "Oh, by the Kandrona. You're one of them, aren't you? A rebel?" She barks another laugh, her grip relaxing on the weapon. "Sorry to disappoint you, but you've got the wrong Dalik. Though if you could point my brother my way, I'd greatly appreciate it. He's been standing me up for weeks now."

William frowns, not understanding most of the conversation. "This is a strange place," he murmurs. Then he steps over to Jeffrey and says, softly, "Why don't I buy you your next round, hm? It seems as if we both need something stronger if we are going to properly enjoy the entertainment."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4703 on: June 29, 2016, 04:16:19 PM »
Verdana took a seat behind his table. Things seem to have gotten a little more tense, and he felt safer with something between him and others. Of course he had natural means to defend himself, but he wasn't the best at it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4704 on: June 29, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »
The woman's eyes narrow at Dalik. "Did you put that crap in front of me?" she demands. "You can't be Dalik the Prime. Dalik the Prime is dead." She glares back at the packet, shuddering. "Bartender, what the ****?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4705 on: June 29, 2016, 06:09:23 PM »
Dalik's gaze follows the woman, and her nose wrinkles. "No, I did not," she says primly, pushing herself to her feet. She gives Jeffrey and Mercer a small smile. "It appears I have worn out my welcome here. Thank you for the...interesting.. .conversations."

She steps away from the bar, then pauses, looking back at the dark-haired woman. "If you see my brother, send my regards. And tell him he's a damned imbecile."

William frowns, looking disappointed at the evident dissipation of a potential fight. "Aw, come on," he says, loud enough for both to hear. "Surely you can settle this here. In front of me." His blue-eyed gaze sweeps over Myitt, then to Dalik. "A fight is always worth watching, hm?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4706 on: June 29, 2016, 06:16:30 PM »
The woman's lip curls and she nods at William.

"I'm not getting into useless fights for the benefit of a pirate," she says blandly, sniffling again. "****." She turns back to the bar and pours a third shot, letting her fingers rest on the packet. Staring down at the pocket of paper like it were a piece of forbidden fruit.

The woman starts to spin the packet slowly, idly, and she sips rather than demolishes the drink. Then she wipes her nose on her sleeve, muttering something to herself, under her breath.

With a noncommittal grunt she gulps down the shot, and tears the packet open.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4707 on: June 29, 2016, 06:22:37 PM »
"Alright, can somebody please tell me what is going on here?" Merc asks, standing up from his seat. He begins pacing around the bar, focusing his gaze on the strange woman. "Obviously, there's some animosity between you and Dalik. That's your business, and frankly, I don't care. But then you treat that packet like it's some sort of a curse or something. And now you just tear it open?" He stops behind her and leans in close. When he speaks, his breath smells like a mix between alcohol and burnt tobacco. "Look, it's been a long day. So please, just tell me what that is before I have to ****ing incinerate it."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4708 on: June 29, 2016, 06:29:04 PM »
"None of your damn business," the woman growls absently, tipping the dry and powdery contents of the packet into her mouth. She coughs again and then pours another drink, washing the sugary stuff down with alcohol.

"Jesus hell," she breathes, slamming the glass onto the bar counter. Tears start to sting her eyes again. "Jesus, Daniel, I'm so ****ing sorry." She goes back to holding her head in her hands again, a weak tremble passing through her, visible in her jacketed shoulders.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4709 on: June 29, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »
Dalik halts at the sound of the packet tearing. She turns back, eyes wide. "Oh, by the Kandrona," she breathes, looking up at the rafters and then over to Jeffrey. "That" she says, indicating the torn packet, "is oatmeal. Which just so happens to be a narcotic for my species. She's just gone and hopped herself up on that ****." Her nose wrinkles at the sweet smell, noticeable even from several feet away, and her next words are to the woman herself. "Are you a complete idiot? You know what that stuff does, right?"

William looks unperturbed, and he finishes his ale. Turning to the bar, he taps it twice, calling the bartender over for a refill.