Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196368 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4680 on: June 27, 2016, 03:52:32 PM »
Merc glances at William skeptically. In his silence, he had several more drinks, all containing either whiskey or vodka. "I think I'm lost," he says, no hint of a slur in his speech. "Whaddaya mean, 'beyond Earth?' Excuse my ignorance, but I'd say you look completely human."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4681 on: June 27, 2016, 08:16:05 PM »
"Damn, Merc, looks like you've really been putting it away," says Jeffrey, looking over the drinks next to the man with amusement. "Now mind you I'm no teetotaler, but I haven't got a tolerance that intense! It'd be interesting to see how much of more...interesting drugs you could take.." says Jeffrey, an odd smile crossing across his face. "If you'd be interested in an experience, anyway."

"As for you..." says Jeffrey, giving the oddly dressed man a dubious look. "Are you a Mystic? Like, a serious Witch or something, a real Samantha Stephens from Bewitched? Because anyone who believes in alternate worlds of that kind is a load of crock from where I'm from."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4682 on: June 27, 2016, 08:30:02 PM »
Merc gives Jeffrey a confused look. "Tolerance?" He then starts laughing quietly, bending his neck down to hide his smile. However, he quickly regains his composure. "That's right, I didn't tell you guys. It's pretty much impossible for me to get drunk. Not unless I'm trying. I need some sort of fuel for my powers to work. Since drinking lighter fluid or gasoline doesn't sound very appealing, ethanol is the way to go."

He shoots Jeffrey a coy look. "Other drugs, though . . . well, let's just say that I've tried pretty much everything under the sun. Hard to find a dealer that isn't peddling research chemicals where I'm from, but when you do, that guy very quickly becomes your best friend."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4683 on: June 27, 2016, 08:38:45 PM »
Verdana was still scribbling notes about what he saw and heard. Being a kid, he really didn't have any experience with drinks or drugs.

Ani-Master 2014!

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4684 on: June 27, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
"Look," Merc says, noticing Verdana writing down notes. "I'm not trying to glorify this stuff, kid. I'm pretty much clean now, except for an on-and-off pill habit." He sits back and looks at the ceiling. "After I got kicked out of my parents' place, I was messed up. Hooked on speed, Molly, dope . . . god knows what else."

"Only reason I agreed to that crazy human experiment . . . thing," he continues, lost in his memories. It's almost as if he doesn't even know the other patrons are there anymore. "Desperately needed money for heroin or whatever. They put this weird device in my throat . . ." Merc pulls the neck of his t-shirt down a couple of inches, revealing a nasty scar. Clearly not the work of a medical professional. "And did some other stuff, I assume. Not sure what else; I passed out halfway through the whole thing. Point is, I walked away with a couple grand and the ability to shoot flames from my body. Couldn't even talk for months."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4685 on: June 27, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »
"Wow. I'm not one to judge. I'm just making observations and writing down for future reference. I know some Monsters that did some crazy experiments too. Science can be a bit scary sometimes."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4686 on: June 28, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »
William frowns at Merc's question, his smirk fading for the first time since he arrived. "I'm not sure, actually," he admits. "I look human, but I know I am not."

"Welcome to the club," Dalik interjects with a soft snicker.

Clearing his throat, William shoots Dalik a narrow look and continues. "I'm what is known as Grigori. I came to this body after its first natural death. Unfortunately, I don't have many memories of my time in the place of the duhovi."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:29:44 AM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4687 on: June 28, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
The windows of the bar glint with red as another ship lands outside.

A small ship, with battle scars and loose skin hanging in tatters.

The ship's lights dim, and shortly a woman steps inside, giving the interior of the bar only a cursory glance as she strides towards the bar.

It's clear she's been crying, eyes red and normally white cheeks flushed. She climbs onto one of the bar stools a couple of seats down from the others, near the man in the frills, and hunches her shoulders. The singed and faded black trench coat she wears helps complete her image of being entirely closed off and absolutely not in the mood to make small talk.

The blue jeans look relatively normal, but her black combat boots give the impression of a soldier, or a goth girl, or both.

The woman taps the bar counter and says something softly to the bartender, who wordlessly turns to pour her a drink of dark red liquid from a glass wine bottle that looks like it is wrapped in black wax.

After her first drink she waves the bottle over and pours another, but she doesn't drink it right away.

Instead she hides her head in her hands, her brown curly hair hanging in a straggly mess over her arms, and her shoulders shake with silent sobs.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:02:52 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4688 on: June 28, 2016, 12:06:10 PM »
It was obvious to Verdana that this Human was troubled. Perhaps suffering from a recent attack of some sort. He didn't really know what to say, though. He glanced at the doorway, half expecting something to burst in, looking to finish what it started. He offered to pay for the woman's drink at the very least, and the bartender took his money.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4689 on: June 28, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »
"Oh man, then....I mean I think I actually have..." Jeffrey rummages around in his weirdly expansive vest pocket and fishes out a glittering pink liquid in a vial with a stopper. It looks a bit as if somebody put either nail polish or kids' decorative glitter in a beaker. He holds it up in front of Merc. "...This." Jeffrey grins. "Nusoma. The old pink shimmer. Best trip there ever was, like a ****ing Lotus Eater plant man, if you know what you're doing and don't take too much. So let me know if you ever give up being clean. As for the scar..."

Jeffrey ****s his head. "...so you're no natural, then. You're a freaking Hyper, little bit--- A Mundane guy who got turned into a Super! Funny, guess I'm the reverse no---"

Jeffrey blinks as he hears the woman come in and sit at the Bar. He looks as if he wants to offer his condolences, but doesn't bother. Best not to disturb people you don't even know, right? Especially when you can't really make them feel any better, not without your powers.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4690 on: June 28, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »
Merc turns his head toward the newcomer. He watches her for a moment. Should he say something? No, best not to make things worse.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm tempted," he says to Jeffrey. "Really, Dani - my wife - was the only real reason I stayed clean. And I might just need something to take my mind off her." He mulls over it for a moment, all while keeping the woman in his peripheral vision. He tried not to show it on his face, but something about her presence bothered him.

Finally, he leans over to the bartender. "Hey, give her something," he whispers, sliding a few bills across the counter. "Doesn't matter what, just . . . something to cheer her up, I guess."

"What exactly would happen if I took to much?" he asks Jeffrey, pushing the woman to the back of his mind. "Sounds interesting, but I'm not too interested in OD'ing."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4691 on: June 29, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
"The drug causes euphoria and hallucinations, so basically...the hallucinations would get..." Jeffrey spins a finger around his ear. "...really weird, and less controllable. I knew an addict, back in the place where I was from. It's not pretty. Buutt..." Jeffrey smiles. "...a little bit, and you're in for a really good time."

"As for you, grigori or whatever..." Jeffrey shrugs a bit dismissively. "...you might've been, this is one weird place, but I'd wager you aren't anymore. I think..." Jeffrey pauses. "...I think the bartender likes to keep things...clean, in here. Don't know why I get that impression, but I do."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4692 on: June 29, 2016, 02:21:18 PM »
Merc chuckles softly, shaking his head. "Psychs really aren't my thing anymore, sad to say. Not ever since a really crazy shroom trip I had." He rests his arm on the bar, smiling. "Thought my friend Cole was a demon from Hell - granted, he might have been - and then I locked myself in the bathroom for like 3 hours."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4693 on: June 29, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »
Jeffrey giggles a bit. "Oh, man, that sounds like a lot of fun actually! A metaphysical experience of the most mundane kind! He's simply one infernal jerk, a hell of a firebrand, a heart of hot Coles!" Jeffrey giggles some more and eventually says, "...but suffice to say you don't want to trade scratch for a mushroom drug. I getcha."

"Still, so far you seem like the only guy here who knows a good time-- Dalik over there's an old stick in the mud, apparently, there's some miserable chick, and Skeleton Goat Kid Verdana seems more like a researcher."

Jeffrey glances at Verdana. "So what did your skinless parents do anyway?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4694 on: June 29, 2016, 03:39:07 PM »
"Nice barrage of puns, Jeffrey. You may be unsurprised to know that my father is somewhat of a scientist. He was pretty big in the business, until he stopped for...unpleasant reasons. My mother used to be a queen in the Underground, until she divorced. Now she's just kind of a professional mom. she's actually a bipedal goat Monster. skin and fur and all. They tell me Monster babies are mostly made through magic, so one type of Monster can have children with any other. Dad and uncle are more Human shaped skeletons."

"I can't say my Uncle ever really had much of a job, except as a sentry for part of the Underground. He wanted to get into the royal guard, but the guard disbanded before he could join. I think they gave him an honorary title at one point, but he was a guard captain with no subordinates."

Ani-Master 2014!