Author Topic: GESB: Cursed Pride adventure  (Read 13923 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: GESB: Cursed Pride adventure
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
Parker stood perfectly still and gave a short one-sided shake of his head, "No sir. With respect, you are the captain of this ship and father to the woman I care about. Outlaw or not, you are the ranking officer on this ship and shall be treated as such, sir."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
Morgan shrugged. "If you insist," he said.

"Silver should probably get something into her system," Asda said. "I'd recommend someone go down to the dining room and bring her back juice or something with sugar in it."

"Morgan," came Gaz's voice. "Cortex is going to be sending us the information back to the computer."

"Good," said Morgan. "When it's ready I'll look at in on the screen in here."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:22 PM »
Parker was confused. Morgan shrugged, shrugged. He had just told the man that he cared for his daughter, and he shrugged? This was an odd universe indeed. He looked to Silver with kinder eyes and gave her a small smile. He then looked to Morgan again, his face neutral once more, "My request still stands sir."

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »
She watched as he and her father conversed and she seen in Parker's eyes what her father's reaction had meant to him. She returned his smile with a tender one of her own.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2010, 02:55:18 PM »
Temrash went back to the medbay to check on Silver. He figured they should be done by now. "Hey, how is she?" He said as he opened the door and peered inside. "I brought you something to drink, Parker. Good to drink soemthing after giving a blood transfusion."

Ani-Master 2014!

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »
Silver heard someone enter and looked up. "Hey Temrash." she smiled when she seen him. "It'll take more than the CG to get rid of me." she said in a stubborn tone, though they knew she was joking.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2010, 03:10:03 PM »
"That's what I like to hear. I'm glad you're doing alright. Even though it was a minor thing, all injuries should be taken seriously. Unless you have crazy old guys like me who get wounds like this and still want to fight." He said while pointing to one of his bigger scars.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »
Parker accepted the drink with an appreciative nod. Even though he knew it wasn't necessary, he didn't want to offend Temrash. He sat back down and began drinking. After Silver's comment he gave a small affirming chuckle.

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #203 on: May 27, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »
She laughed and said, "You aren't a crazy old guy. Just old." she teased.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »
"Aww, thanks." Temrash said with a smile. "War makes you feel old, though, so avoid it at all costs. War is bad, but I think most sensible people realize that anyway."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »
Morgan's head was filled with a dozen thoughts all at once. When he got like that, it sometimes took what people said a little time to filter through.

Asda had caught what Parker had said, but had chosen to say nothing until it registered with Morgan.

"Wait a moment," she whispered. "It'll sink in shortly. He's got a lot on his mind, you understand."

Morgan was walking over to Asda's computer screen when the conversation finally sunk in. He furrowed his brow, uncertain that he had heard correctly.

"There we go," Asda muttered.

"Say that one more time," Morgan said as he turned his head. It wasn't a threatening tone, rather it was one that asked for clarification.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »
At Temrash's comment about being "bad", Parker went into his thousand yard stare. He hadn't yet gone through today's battle completely, and he was processing as much as he could, learning from their formations and... lack of skill."

When Morgan had asked Parker to repeat his request, he snapped out of his trance and stood once more,regaining his composure and stance. He repeated his request, "I request to stay behind with Silver while she recuperates from her injury to protect her from any possible threats."

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
Morgan nodded and said, "Sure. I know she'll be well looked after."

He walked over to the computer on the other side of the room where the information was being uploaded from Cortex. The screen was facing away from the group, so Morgan was facing their direction.

A male voice was heard coming from the computer.

"Hey, Morgan," the voice said. It was mid-range. Neither high nor deep, and it sounded young. The voice also sounded...nervous. More than likely about the message he would be relaying.

The voice continued, "I just wanted to give you a heads up about something you're going to see in the files."

"I don't like where this is going," Asda said quietly as she did post-op scans on Silver. "I wish Cortex would just get on with it."

"I'm going to let you read for yourself," the voice said, "just....try not to over react. Ok?"

Morgan was extremely confused, but opened the files. What in the 'verse was Cortex babbling about? Whatever it was, it was serious. Cortex had never sounded that nervous before, but something in the files obviously bothered him. After a few minutes of skimming the files, Morgan found out what it was.

Morgan's heart raced as his nostrils flared and eyes glowered in anger. His fist clenched and drove it through the computer screen as he cried out in a combination of anger and anguish.

"That can't be good," Asda commented.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
Parker nodded and thanked him for the compliment. He sat back down and started drinking again until Morgan punched through the computer screen. Parker stood up again, quicker than usual, "What's wrong?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2010, 05:16:29 PM »
"I'm thinking one of us should have looked through the file first." Temrash said to Parker. "Less likely to wreck something afterwards."

Ani-Master 2014!