Author Topic: If the yeerks were really invading...  (Read 4694 times)

Offline MoonStarRaven

Re: If the yeerks were really invading...
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 10:50:18 PM »
Quote from: Phoenix004 link=topic=3377.msg 222734#msg 222734 date=1246320590
Not too sure on the specifics, but for starters I'd go find the morphing cube at the construction site. Not only does that stop David becoming a problem, it would give me the power to morph and a way of convincing the Animorphs to let me join the fight.

I like that idea. The main thing that drew me into the books was my long ago childhood wish to be able to turn into different animals. ;) To be honest, I don't think I'd be much help in a fight as I don't think I could bring myself to hurt another living creature/person. :(
~ You should always take the time to randomly hug people...
(it really freaks them out)  ;D

Alic

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »
If we could get out I would get my kid tot the safest part of the world as possible and stay with him and fight anything that came near.
If I had to fight I would bring down as many nasty little slugs as possible.

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 12:35:50 AM »
First I would figure out if any of my family are taken. I already know my dad is not since he is home all day so no way to leave every 3 days unless there is a hidden door to the yeerk pool in my own house. Everyone else in my family that is a different story. Once i figure out they are not taken or get the yeerks out of them . I will move on to finding out if Zohrra is taken or not. Hopefully not or i would be all sad and stuff. How to do this will be very hard considering he is miles and an Ocean away. Next once I'm sure he is free somehow ...need to plan that out more.. we will move to an isolated area maybe in Alaska or something and live alone there. I would fight but i don't see myself doing much help if any. I would do better as a survivor and hope that those who have the power to fight better than i do . I would help in other ways if possible but i don't see myself going all out and mass bombing the yeerk pool. Like some have said before not all Yeerks are evil most are nice and sensible people they just happen to be parasites

===============================================

Offline Arbron

• you are human, tobias...
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 08:18:36 AM »
OK, if the you woke up one day, and you were in the animorphs town. Your entire life had been lived there, and your everything was normal, but you lived in the animorphs town. You know everything that is happening, and you wake up around the time of book ten. What would you do? Me? I would fight, try to join the animorphs, or form a rebel group, (Read the ELF) and fight the yeerks with guns, lasers, and blades. Give them a good ol' earth feeding, hot lead and cold steel.

What would you do?

Woowww, first time i'd do is lock up my families and close friends to make sure that they're still on my side.. And next step is join animorphs-if i had luck to meet them

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 10:34:58 AM »
I think that these "blow them to smithereens" plans are horrible. You realize that you are talking about sentient creatures here? They aren't all evil, and one of the few things that we as humans have to rely on is our humanity. In a war obviously death is inevitable, but you should seek the most effective means of winning with the lowest loss of life possible.

You can't hate the Yeerks for what they are. Many of the Yeerks in that pool could be YPM Yeerks. Or young Yeerks who have never had a host. Or Yeerks who could easily be persuaded to find a better way. Not to mention all of the hosts that would be killed.

Civil unrest amongst the Yeerks is, in my opinion a more effective and less costly way of achieving victory.

Ahhhh! Thank you! I was getting worried reading some of these plans. I think I'll be stealing your 'voluntary controller' plan...that makes the most sense, and is the most realistic to me.  :-\

Alic

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
I think that these "blow them to smithereens" plans are horrible. You realize that you are talking about sentient creatures here? They aren't all evil, and one of the few things that we as humans have to rely on is our humanity. In a war obviously death is inevitable, but you should seek the most effective means of winning with the lowest loss of life possible.

You can't hate the Yeerks for what they are. Many of the Yeerks in that pool could be YPM Yeerks. Or young Yeerks who have never had a host. Or Yeerks who could easily be persuaded to find a better way. Not to mention all of the hosts that would be killed.

Civil unrest amongst the Yeerks is, in my opinion a more effective and less costly way of achieving victory.

Ahhhh! Thank you! I was getting worried reading some of these plans. I think I'll be stealing your 'voluntary controller' plan...that makes the most sense, and is the most realistic to me.  :-\

You know I would find you and totally set you free

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »
Well if I know everything as of book 10 I'd find a Chee, find some way to get my hands on the Blade Ship . . . once I had that (and . . . you know, a crew) I'd out run the pool ship get to really learn how to use the ship properly for about a week with the help of said Chee, and then, so that said Chee didn't end up violating any of their internal laws, try to negotiate with the Yeerks while similtaneously requesting Andalite help since as of book ten we didn't know what kind of selfish jerks the Andalites were so like the Animorphs themselves (who may or may not be on my Blade Ship crew) we'd probably trust them.

And thus the Andalites and Humans would form what I'd call the Star League, the Blade Ship, which I would rename Invisible Truth, would be the flag ship of the Star League Defense Force, and then we'd start the Babylon project mostly so I could fill my Blade Ship with Star Furies instead of those clunky bug fighters, building the first four Babylon stations out of legos and knocking them over so we could just skip on to Babylon #5 (or else skip to #6 so we don't get sued) then, with humanity and Andalite....ity united and touring the stars . . . I'd just wait for the human need to conquer to set in, watch as humans begin to act like their usual pushy selves and tick the Andalites off, I'd watch, wait, prepare and hope it happened before the small personal kandrona I kept in my quarters wore out and my human host freed himself, and when the time came, when Humans and Andalites waged their war Invisible Truth and a fleet of trusted vessels would jump into the Yeerk's solar system and decimate the Andalite fleet presence there, free the rest of the Yeerks and take both humans and Andalites while they're too busy playing war, then, with myself as the new Emperor of the council, I'd take my solar empire and pay a visit to those mysterious Kelbrid thingies.

Oh, and did I mention muahahahahahahahaha ha!
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
If it happened around book 52-53-54, I'd form a group of free humans, and stock up on guns, swords, and dracons. I know they are sentient and all, but if they're invading us, I'd fight anyway, they are sentient, but they have no right to enslave another sentient race. And for aftrans thing, on humans and pigs, yeerks and humans being the same, that's wrong. Pigs are NOT sentient, they're dumb animals. Humans, are fully sentient, and are aware they are being taken over and tormented. I'd blast away at the slugs.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
I'd probably join the Yeerks. I mean, there's three races. I don't like humanity, but I do like lasers. The Andalites and the Yeerks both have lasers. However, the Andalites would rather exterminate all of us before actually helping, and I share much in common with Yeerks (including the fact that I don't like humanity), so I think becoming a Controller makes sense. And because I know everything that's going to happen, I'll go tell Tom that his brother's an Andalite bandit and then Tom will either kill him or take him hostage, causing the Yeerks to win and end up causing the alternate future from #41.

I think I'd get along with my Yeerk. Maybe he even lets me have free will for a while. He'd probably trust me enough to know I wouldn't rebel. I'd eventually rise up to a respectable rank, like sub-visser. Hell, they'll probably just visser me from the start because I just won them planet Earth (Suck on that, Esplin 9466!).

Doesn't that sound superficial? I'd sell out the human race for frickin laser guns. Then again, I've always wanted to hold the fate of the human race in my hands, just to see what I'd really do with it.

Better case scenario for humanity: I try to tell Visser Three instead and he chops my head off. I remember that one Controller from one of the early books who thought that the bandits might be human but then the other guy told him "try telling Visser Three that." Visser Three obviously didn't believe humans would be capable of putting up that much of a fight.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 11:18:13 PM by Nine Out Of Ten Vissers »
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »
No offence, But I'd kill you.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Gold Donor
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »
No offence, But I'd kill you.
No offense taken. All's fair in love and war.

Alic

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 12:55:59 AM »
I would probably help in the killing lol

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 03:03:52 AM »
XD well i like teh idea of having my own free will

===============================================

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Gold Donor
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
You know, you just throw around the idea of giving up your body to a hostile alien empire and suddenly you have people screaming to tear your head off.

But really, if it did happen I'd probably just lay low. I wouldn't be much good in a fight and any plan I'd try to execute would be rather ambitious. I'm not really sure the Animorphs would be so quick to trust some stranger, anyway, so I don't think I'd try to contact them.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »
I would ask for chee help to find one of visser 3's sharing things, and take two things.

1. A group of people to help hold off security.

2. A .50 Barret rifle, scoped.

I would find visser, set up a defensive perimeter, and line up, and, wel, you get the rest...

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw