Author Topic: The Tom Chronicles?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

The Tom Chronicles?
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
Okay. Maybe not a chronicle book but I would have liked to have gotten inside Tom's head.

We only knew mostly of Tom via Jake-narrated books but I always wanted to know about the war inside his head between host and Yeerk.

Maybe Applegate should have copied that TV show episode and made a free Tom a fugitive of the Yeerks and a leader of a morph-incapable resistance of former human controllers. Melissa Chapman (who I know was never a controller) would be a member.

Also, didn't anyone else hate that Applegate killed Tom at the end? Since the beginning, we rooted for Jake to free his brother and he doesn't get hsi wish after all those struggles.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:59:30 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
Re: The Tom Chronicles?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »
Well, we have already seen a lot of battles between Yeerk and host with other characters.  But it would be interesting to know what Tom thought about his brother being an Animorph, his parents being taken, etc.

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
Yeah, it always struck me as odd that there was no real effort to build up tom's character.  He was just kinda there the whole time.  It certainly would have been awesome to have a book narrated by tom/his yeerk.  And I still think it would have been more fitting for Jake to end up killing tom (or better yet be unable to make himself do it).
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 01:06:43 AM »
Do I sense a fanfiction? lol :P
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »
Not fan fiction but I'm sure I'll add this as a major storyline in a TV adaptaion.

I never liked the events of Aimorphs post-The Revelation.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »
I know he was taken involuntary. How did was Tom infested again!?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
Tom was infested when he saw Visser Three. There was a girl he was interested in, who was a controller. He thought she was going behind his back and doing stuff, so he followed her into the Sharing building. Then he accidentally walked into a meeting where Visser Three was in Andalite form. He didn't make it back out free. This was explained in book 6.

Ani-Master 2014!