Author Topic: Did we ever see the Andalite homeworld?  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Did we ever see the Andalite homeworld?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »
Don't they give name to things like the way the water interacts with the landmarks...?

Hmmm... Me and my imagination... I imagine the Andalite HWorld with one or two major oceans, but lots of continental plains, valleys and plateaus and forest, with little ice in the poles, and their atmosphere would create a mostly temperate climate.
Because of their 3 bird species, I dare say that they wouldn't have 1/5 of the rich of Earth's fauna. But then again, they also have life in one of the Andalite moons.... so who knows.
I would also see them agglomerated in cities that somewhat mimicked their 'herd' days and reflected their decent and optimistic nature. Advanced glass and metallic 'Domeship-like' structures at their centers, combined with residential scoops and lots of tall ornamental grass common to each area, little pollution (lots of composting)... Not sure if they would have so much automobiles or such within the cities. I would imagine they would use their crafts to travel more between the long-distant cities.
I always pictured morph-dancers and tail-exhibition-fighters at the inside of a massive oval scoop. Walls made of Ramonite would be their curtains. And their schools could have been held at large slightly-inclined slopes, where massive scoops were the classrooms and the teachers would stay uphill.
OH! The game Driftball is also something I always wondered how they play... Was it some anti-grav ball they had to play in teams using their tails as hockey-sticks???? Heheheheh!
I like that. I think that would be a cool place to visit.

Driftball is mentioned briefly in AC, but who knows what it really is? Ax doesn't ever mention it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:23 AM »
It's said that Andalites used to live in cities when they started out in space travel; but they abandoned them for scoops when the claustrophobia got to them. Still, they have like four cities left where institutions are headquartered, based around spaceports.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
It's rather a wide polarity: just think of it! No suburbs! :o
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »
It's rather a wide polarity: just think of it! No suburbs! :o

huh... wow... i can picture it now.

no rush hour traffic, no traffic jams, no hoons, it sounds like an awesome place... lolz if only humans had evolved that way... *sigh*

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 08:19:20 PM »
It's all evolution. Andalites needed wide open spaces to survive in their prehistory, while humans needed to have societies and could live in crowded and small spaces :)

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »
i know that, but i mean, why did we evolve to only walk on 2 legs? why not like the hork-bajir? i mean, i know we evolved from primates, but... yea... (if i'm talkin' crap, let me know? alright?)

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »
Well, we live a ground-based life that doesn't need a tail for balance. HBs still pretty much live in the trees.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »
humans used to swing from trees as well. our backs used to be more arched, and we used to walk like gorillas or chimpanzees or something. I'm guessing we don't have tails because we used to walk on all fours. the gradually our backs became straight. At least I think that's what we learned in school. I don't remember history that well.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 03:53:24 AM »
and we see pieces of it but not the real thing, in AC.  When they create the new planet, it's one-third Earth, one-third Yeerk Homeworld, and one-third Andalite homeworld, if I'm not mistaken.  Even if I am, they still carry pieces of it in their domeships, thusly the domed part.

But no, not the homeworld itself, in person.

How in God's name did Earth, the Yeerk Homeworld, and the Andalite Homeworld survive eacg losing 1/3rd of their mass to the new planet?

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 09:45:59 AM »
How in God's name did Earth, the Yeerk Homeworld, and the Andalite Homeworld survive eacg losing 1/3rd of their mass to the new planet?

It was creation of Time Matrix, no actual planet lost any mass, the hybrid world existed in its own universe. Also wouldn't really call it planet seeing how small it was.
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".