Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Howdy
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »
I was obsessed with this series when I was a kid. I read up to around issue 32 before I got 'too old' and stopped reading them. Just for ****s and giggles, I decided to re-read the first couple of them (Over the span of two boring nights at work), mainly cause I had nothing else to do and was bored, and they had been left behind from one of the rooms and was set there to be thrown out (I work in a hotel as a maintenance person). Anyway, color me surprised but even this day in age, I still found them incredibly interesting and fun as hell to read.

I've tried re-reading Goosebumps a few times in my more recent years, but could hardly get past them cause of the awful writing (So I picked up comic versions of some of them them, lol), but Animorphs was written very well for a kid's series, and dare I say, I just might re-read the rest, thanks to this site, and then continue on from where I left off 10 years ago.

I'm a 23 year old male living in Newfoundland, Canada, but my location doesn't really matter as I tend to mvoe every couple years anyway, lol. My father was in the military when I was a kid, so I was always moving around, and I guess that little habit just never left me when I moved away from home, lol.

I love writing stories and scripts and actually have a horror novel in the works, that I'm contracted to get published by December 2008, and it will be my first published novel, although I have tons of stories and scripts online that I did just in my spare time for fun up through the years.

Anyway, this is my introduction, so hello to all.  8)

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 06:16:21 PM »
Hello and welcome to the great and wonderful RAF.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
Hello, slushie man. Welcome to RAF, land of the insane Animorphs nerds. All of the members are pretty friendly, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting along with us.

So you never finished the series, eh? Well, watch out for spoilers, then, and try to stay away from any threads that have to do with the end of the series. Unless, of course, you want to know about it anyway.

Again, welcome. I hope you have a good time here. :)
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »
lol, no worries. I'm a spoiler-**** and love them, plus I already know what happens at the end of the series. Long after I stopped reading, but also long before I was interested in re-reading them, I had heard the series had finished, so I went onto wikipedia to find out how it ended, just for old-time's sake and curiosity.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »
Welcome, I hope you like it here on RAF :)
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
 :sign16:
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:58:21 AM »
Hello, Slushie Man! I hope that you enjoy your time here.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 11:08:02 AM »
Welcome ^_^
You're as old as me, it's cool ;) Everybody around me think I'm crazy to re-read old series and kid books now I'm 23...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum