Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 235872 times)

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #2085 on: August 16, 2015, 06:34:00 AM »
Give him the silent treatment, he'll bore and prance away down  the yellow brick road, to hang with the winged monkeys and such.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2086 on: August 16, 2015, 06:39:55 AM »
Give him the silent treatment, he'll bore and prance away down the yellow brick road, to hang with the winged monkeys and such.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cross reference. :XD:

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2087 on: August 16, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »
What has Tim done that's bothering people so much? He posts a lot, but otherwise...
yeah

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2088 on: August 16, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
Yeah man, chill out. Unless something extreme happens, no need for drastic measures.

Also, did y'all straight-talkers realize he can still view this thread? Damn smooth, Dylan. :P

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2089 on: August 16, 2015, 11:59:59 AM »
So he hasn't done anything?
yeah

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2090 on: August 16, 2015, 12:52:36 PM »
He hasn't insulted all of us or our mothers, so no. :P Seriously though, there are a lot worse things that have happened in RAF's history that have gotten people banned. Tut tut, newbies.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #2091 on: August 16, 2015, 12:54:08 PM »
Well said, Saffa :)

SmartGirl333

« Reply #2092 on: August 16, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
He reminds me of my past self with regards to noobiness, tbh.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2093 on: August 16, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Heh! That's funny, but remember that he can read this.
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2094 on: August 16, 2015, 11:33:34 PM »
PP 46-59 of Book 8: The Alien: Ax attends Jake's school, posing as his  cousin "Phillip".  Shouldn't "Phillip" have to register at the school, so that the officials at his home school can be told that he went to school while on vacation?

Shouldn't Phillip have to give Jake's school proof that his vaccinations are current?

I am confident that Assistant Principal Chapman would be particularly interested on gathering information on everyone who sets foot at his school, just in case "Andalite Bandits" are seeking to infiltrate the school system in order to spy on the Yeerks who have infiltrated the school system.  He has heard speculation that the Andalite Bandits might be human!

Is this a good place for the above comment, or should I stick it in the "Simple Animorphs Questions" thread?

At one point do questions concerning aspects of the Animorphs series count as "spam". 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:41:48 PM by Tim Bruening »

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2095 on: August 17, 2015, 12:55:10 AM »
Eh, in a school of so many people I doubt the authorities would bother if there was one extra hanging around, plus they allow visitors in all the time. At least, they do here. Don't schools in the US have visitor policies? Kids coming over and sampling a class when applying for admission in the school? Then again, you guys do have this weird ass education system that has way more rules than necessary, so. :P

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2096 on: August 17, 2015, 01:15:47 AM »
Eh, in a school of so many people I doubt the authorities would bother if there was one extra hanging around, plus they allow visitors in all the time. At least, they do here. Don't schools in the US have visitor policies? Kids coming over and sampling a class when applying for admission in the school? Then again, you guys do have this weird ass education system that has way more rules than necessary, so. :P

In this case, the authorities are aliens from another planet, who are fighting a resistance force which can morph into animals, attack, then retreat, demorph, and disappear.  I would therefore expect that said authorities would be more concerned about "visitors" then normal school officials, and would be interested in their backgrounds (as in "do these visitors really exist as legitimate humans, or might they be Andalite fakes?")

Offline Redtailednothlit

« Reply #2097 on: August 17, 2015, 01:27:26 AM »
True. I've always wondered that. You couldn't get away with it here in a British school.

Surely it would have been better to have Ax pose as one of the Animorphs at the school? No random extra relative, no new kid at the school, no reason to draw suspicion (providing Ax can hold himself together).

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2098 on: August 17, 2015, 01:36:30 AM »
True. I've always wondered that. You couldn't get away with it here in a British school.

Surely it would have been better to have Ax pose as one of the Animorphs at the school? No random extra relative, no new kid at the school, no reason to draw suspicion (providing Ax can hold himself together).

If Ax IDed himself as an Animorph, wouldn't Chapman jump down his throat?

The only thing I have found so far on the subject of kids bringing visiting relatives to school is the following from the Marshal Public Schools website about its summer school program.  I'm assuming that the below policies would apply to the regular school year as well.

Program Visitation by Students not Enrolled: At times, summer school students desire to bring an out-of-town visiting friend or relative. Visitations are allowed according to the following guidelines:

A non-enrolled student may visit the program for a maximum of two days.
    Parents of children who are bringing visitors must call the summer school office one day prior to the visit to state that their child is bringing a visitor.
    Student visitors to the summer school program must check in at the building office upon their arrival.
    No student visitors will be allowed to visit a class where a field trip is occurring in the class on that day.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2099 on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:39 AM »
Dunno about school, but you can definitely get away with it in university. I've sat in random classes without giving attendance like no big deal. That said, shifting the books to a college/uni environment actually opens up a lot more possibilities since parental interaction is at a minimum.

Also, thanks Tim for bringing the thread back on topic. :P