Author Topic: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey  (Read 15995 times)

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
Re: Claire Voskamp: A Heroes Journey
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2009, 01:35:32 PM »
I started to get a bit worried. I might never see my family or anyone ever again! Be stuck here forever and resort to cannibalism and die here in nowhere land! I grabbed his arm to pull him up.

haha a minute into the vortex and your already contemplating cannibalism

cool chapter, great take on the vortex power

massachusetts hmmm? haha awesome, cant wait

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »
Great work as always Claire! I can't wait to see who Claire's partner is! Technically it should be a non-powered person as per the "one of us, one of them" policy, but you could always make an exception.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2009, 06:58:34 AM »
Chapter Forty Six

After spending some time at home, I was back at the company. It was 5 pm.

I was in Angela Petrelli’s office. She handed me the file of David Bauer, a Level 5 escapee. He was about 25, medium length blonde hair and grey/blue eyes.

“Killed 7 people and put two more in vegetative states? Whoa.” I said, and continued reading, finding out more things about this man that I didn’t want to know.

“You’re more than capable of bringing him in, with your partner.”

I looked up, interested. “Who is it? Is it someone with an ability? Oh of course not.. ‘One of us, one of them’, right?”

A guy walked in, with messy brown hair and green eyes. He was about 21, and kinda cute. “Hey, I’m Kane.”

I shrugged. “Yeah whatever, let’s get going.”

A few minutes later we were driving to Massachusetts in Kane’s car, which I admit was a pretty cool looking car.
I even got a gun and one of those tazer things. I wasn’t supposed to have a gun but I took it just in case I needed it. The golden gun I had left at home, for emergencies.

“So.. you don’t seem very enthusiastic to be here.” Kane said.

“Not really. I’m going to have to capture a serial killer and you’re my only backup team?” I looked at him. “I’m so screwed.”

“From what I’ve read about you, you’re pretty powerful.”

“I guess, but this guy has the power to overload your thoughts and emotions, make you feel pain and sorrow that isn’t real, even put people in comas.” I said.

He thought about that for a moment. “You know, I was injected with something when I was a baby. I was supposed to turn out like you, with an ability. I guess that’s why my Dad stuck me with a desk job. This is the first time I’ve had an outside mission.”

“Oh geez, this keeps getting better and better. This is a suicide mission. Turn the car around, lets go back.”

Kane laughed, as if I was joking.

“Or.. don’t turn around, no worries.” I slumped back in the chair, and then fiddled with the radio to find some good music. I stopped at a cool rock station.  “How far away is Massachusetts?”

“Not too far.”

“Good coz I’m dying here making small talk with you.”

He glanced over at me and rolled his eyes before turning back to the road.

“Braintree? What kind of name for a town is that?” I said, as we drove past the sign a while later. “Does David Bauer live here?”

“No. He lives closer to Boston, but the murder reports came from this area, and we think he’s on the move towards his home."

Kane parked the car on a quiet neighbourhood street. “Last kill was here, down that alleyway, two days ago.”

I followed him down to the alleyway. There was a tiny bit of blood left on the fence, but the rest had been cleaned up.

“This ain’t much to go on. Maybe we should talk to the police.”

“And tell them what, Claire? We’re two college kids doing a paper on serial killers?”

“That’s stupid, and no. We are now the FBI Agents Sarah Carmichael and Mike Lancaster. Look in your reflection on the car.” I pointed.

“Holy crap, I look like 5 years older. So do you.”

“They won’t question us too much, I can make them see whatever I want.”

We got back in the car and drove to the police station. It was quiet. Way too quiet.

I walked up to the front desk, there was one woman sitting there at the front desk, slumped in her chair, with her head resting on the keyboard. There was blood everywhere.
I jumped over the desk and moved her, trying to check for a pulse.

I looked up at Kane. “She’s dead. She’s not even cold yet. This didn’t happen very long ago.” I pulled my gun out and held it out in front of me, covering my other hand in flames.

“Hello? Anyone here?” I said loudly as we walked through the building, finding two more people dead in the hallway.

A loud scream echoed through the halls. I ran to the end of the hallway and turned the corner. I found the room which was the source of the scream. I stepped inside, only to discover it was just a TV making the noise. It was some old cheesy horror flick.

The door slammed behind me, and a man stepped out. It was the David dude. Ah crap.

“Hello there.”

“Yo.” I replied casually. “How's it hanging?"

His eyes narrowed at me. “You’re not a cop, are you?”

“Cat food.” I said.

He just stared at me, confused. I kicked him the shin and punched him in the face quickly, then ran to the door, threw it open and ran out. It wasn’t even locked. I couldn’t see Kane anywhere. “Kane?” I shouted as I ran. I turned a corner and slammed into Kane.

“Sorry.” He muttered.

I shoved him. “Where the hell where you?”

“Around. I thought I heard something over that way."

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.” I froze when I heard footsteps coming our way.
I dragged Kane to the wall and whispered to tell him to stay put and be quiet. “The hologram will make sure he can’t see us.”

A few seconds later David walked straight past us, but stopped and whirled around. “I know you’re here. I can’t see you, but I can hurt you.”

“Arghhhh!” Kane shouted, holding his head and dropping to the floor.

David smiled and walked over to where Kane was. He still couldn’t see him because of my hologram, but he knew where Kane was. He pulled him up. “Show yourself! I know you’re here already!” He yelled.

I turned off the hologram and pointed my tazer straight at David. “Hello again. I guess that trick won’t work on you.” I was about to pull the trigger, when he must have used his ability on me.

My thoughts and emotions jumbled together. I held my head and dropped to the floor, just like Kane had. I couldn’t even see what was going on.

“You’re from the Company? I’m never going back there.” I managed to hear. “Time to die.”

“Noooo!” I shouted, and managed to get a small flame in my hand. I shot it straight at David, and he hit his arm, desperate to get rid of the flames. I stood up and grabbed Kane’s arm, forcing him to run with me back to the car.

“We need a better plan.” I said, out of breath. “We ruined a perfect chance of getting him. By now, he’ll be gone and he’ll be hard to find until he kills again.”

“Why? That plan worked perfectly.” He said with a grin.

“Not funny. He was this close to killing you.”

“Aww, you actually care about me. I never thought that would happen.”

“Dream on buddy.” I said as we hopped in the car.

“I guess we sleep on it, I mean its getting late, so we may as well just head to a motel.”

“Shouldn’t we call the police?”

He shook his head. “They’ll ask too many questions.”

((Just a quick note to say that you guys shall be appearing in the next chapter, or the one after that. I'm gonna need some backup!))
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
So Claire has a partner now eh? And he was injected with the serum but it didn't work? Or did it? *mysterious tune*  ;)

So this David guy, did you make him up or was he in Heroes? I'm afraid I don't recall him if he was in it.

And yay! We're turning up soon!  :)

I liked the joke with the FBI names by the way, lol!

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »
way to spoil the surprise... or are we the only ones who read this?
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:14 PM »
It's still a surprise since we don't know the details of how it's going to happen exactly.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »
I have the sneaking feeling that I'm doomed... ::)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »
Chapter Forty Seven

We stayed at the motel overnight, but I was woken up suddenly in the middle of the night.
 “Claire? Claire! Get up!”

“I’m awake! What do you want?” I muttered and looked at the alarm clock. “It’s almost 4 in the morning!”

“We have to go. There’s been another killing, in Weymouth. That’s not too far from here.”

“Dammit. Alright, let’s get our stuff and go.”

15 minutes later we were in the car on our way to Weymouth.. and I was only half awake. I yawned sleepily.

“How’d you find out so quick that there was another kill?” I asked.

Kane looked at me. “I have my ways.”

“Riiight.. that explains nothing. Do you even know where we are going?”

“Yeah, a warehouse just off the highway, just before we reach the town.”

We arrived at the warehouse, and it was still dark.

“This is such a bad idea, you know that right?” I said as we got out of the car. I formed a fireball in my hands so I could actually see properly.

We walked towards the warehouse, but we had to stop when we hit a fence.

“Good luck getting over this.” I said to Kane, as he started to climb. I easily used my power to fly over the fence, making the flames disappear again as I landed so I wasn’t so visible. I just kept small flames so we could see.

“Grrrrrrr” I heard a low deep growl coming from nearby.

Kane jumped and landed next to me. “You hear that?” He whispered.

“Sounds like a dog.”

“Grrrrruff!” The dog appeared out of the shadows, barking loudly.

“Wanna shut that dog up?” I said.

“Hey doggie.. nice doggie…”

“You idiot, that’s not going to help us.”

The dog lunged at me, so I quickly hid behind Kane. Yeah I was a wuss.

“Grrrrrrufff!” The dog barked.

“I’d love to leave, doggie, but we need to stop this serial killer.”
The dog barked, as if replying to what he said.

“I’m hungry too, I haven’t eaten anything since last night.”

“Why the hell are you having a conversation with a DOG?” I asked.

“The dog has a name. His name is Killer, and hes not so bad.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” I raised my eyebrow, even though he didn’t see it.

“Don’t worry about it. Let’s go.” Kane said, and walked into the warehouse, with the dog walking by his side.

I caught up to him. “Wait a minute.. you said you were injected, right? Which means, you do have a power! You can talk to animals!”

“No I can’t…”

“Then what do you call that? That dog coulda killed us, instead its acting like you’re its best friend!”

“Hmm.. okay.” He looked at the dog. “Sit. Roll over.”

I rolled my eyes. “Tell it to do something different, that normal dogs don’t do when they are told.”

“Um… chase after your tail. Please.” Kane instructed.

The dog started to chase its tail.

“See!” I said.

“Okay, maybe I can talk to animals.” He smiled. “All this time I thought I couldn’t do anything special.”

“Blah blah blah. Serial killer on the loose, remember?” I continued walking.

“You again!” A voice called out. It was David.

Another voice screamed. It was a female voice. Oh crap.

“I’ve been waiting for you guys.”

“You’ve got a hostage?” I asked.

There was another scream and a thud, as the hostage fell to the floor. “Not anymore I don’t.”

“Oh crap.” I pulled my gun out of my pocket and shot at him. He moved into the shadows where I couldn’t see him. I threw a fireball towards the darkness, and I could see him for a second, walking closer to us.

I used my super speed to get close to him and grabbed the tazer out of my other pocket.

“Gonna shoot me with that?”

“Arghh!” I yelled as he used his power on me. My head was spinning. I hoped Kane had some brains and wasn’t gonna just let me get killed.
David grabbed me and held a knife to my throat.

There was nothing I could do, since my head was too overloaded to think straight.

He pressed the knife to my throat. Oh crap.
I heard a thud as Kane hit David over the head with something. He shot him with a tazer, which made David fall to the floor, bringing the knife across my neck.

“Arghhh!” I shouted. I quickly grabbed my neck to stop the bleeding, it wasn’t a very deep cut but it still hurt like hell.
I took off my jacket and wrapped it around my neck tightly, but not too tight to stop me from breathing.
“Thanks so much for coming to my rescue.” I said sarcastically.

“Hey, I saved you!” Kane said.

“You’re the worst partner ever.” I muttered. I looked over at David, who was no longer there. “Oh what the… Where heck is he now?”

“Surprised?” David’s voice said coldly as he slammed Kane into the wall, and used his power on Kane. Kane screamed. I lunged at David but it was no use.

“Run, Claire! Runnn!” He shouted.

“Yeah right.” I said, throwing a fireball at David.

David smiled and threw his knife straight at Kane. He gasped, and was dead within moments. David reached over, and took the knife back.

Running time! I ran for it, trying to find a place to hide. I needed backup! I was so stupid, what the hell did I know about capturing serial killers?
I quickly hid behind some old crates and took a deep breath. I pulled out my mobile phone and dialed a number.

“Canfield.” Stephen Canfield answered.

“Hey its Claire..”

“Which one?”

“The brunette one, now that’s not important, I need help! Can you get here to Massachusetts?”

“Sure. Where?”

“It’s a warehouse off of the highway, just before Weymouth.”

“Alright. Be there soon.” He hung up.

He appeared in front of me a few minutes later.

“It worked.” He sounded impressed with himself.

“There’s a serial killer here and I need help. Can you take me somewhere? I have some friends I believe can help me.”

“Sure, okay.”

This was another of my stupid ideas. What if I brought my friends here and they got killed? What if they didn’t get powers? Gosh I was an idiot.

We went through a vortex, and ended up in Massachusetts, but in the real world. We were in Tim/Duff’s house.

“Duff! I need your help!” I said hurriedly.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »
Ha ha, I like Kane's power, even if it's not very useful in a combat situation. Can't wait for next chapter Claire!  :)

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »
"Hello Claire, I've been expecting you."

haha cool chapter, too bad your buddy didnt get to use his powers very much, perhaps ill be able to help?

cant wait to get put into the story!!!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2009, 04:58:21 AM »

Chapter Forty Eight

“What the *#!@?” Duff said, jumping out of his chair and staring at me like I had three heads and four eyes. “Is this some kind of joke?”

“Duff. I need your help. It’s really important. Listen, I can take you to a place where you can have super powers.”

“What the heck are you talking about?!?”

“Watch this.” I said with a grin. I flicked my lighter and causes flames to shoot out around me.

“You really have powers?” He asked. He sat back down on his chair and looked confused. He sat in silence for a while.

“Duff…?” I said quietly.

“Let’s go!” He stood up and walked into the vortex bravely.

A few minutes later, thanks to Stephen’s vortex, we were in England saying hello to Mike.

“Bloody hell! Claire? Duff? Some guy? What are you doing here? And what’s with the swirling vortex?!” Mike said incredulously.

Despite all the craziness, he decided to come with us as well.

Next was Shanker’s college in Hamilton.

We explained to Shanker why we were there but he just stared back at us. He shook his head and turned to stare at the bottle of water on his desk, ignoring us. I waved my hand in front of his face but he didn’t respond.

“Right. We don’t have time for this!” I said, grabbing his arm and dragging him into the vortex. “Believe us now?”

“You were telling the truth?!” Shanker said.

“How could I lie about something as crazy as this?” I laughed.

We got to Jax’s house last. He was in the middle of a sing and dance routine, to a cool Paramore song.
“Keeping you here and it makes no sense that-“ Jax whirled around to look at me as I stepped out of the vortex. “Claire?”

“That’d be me. Jax, I need your help, come with me.”

He grabbed his jacket and a gun from a drawer. “Let’s go.”

We appeared back in the warehouse behind a bunch of crates. “Thanks for your help Stephen.” I said. “We’ll take it from here.”

“No problem.” He created another vortex and was gone instantly.

“This is insane, you know that, right?” Shanker said.

“I know it is. This also isn’t just fun and games. There’s a serial killer here that we HAVE to stop. He nearly killed me, that’s why I have this stupid jacket tied around my neck.”

“Are you sure we’ll get powers like you?” Duff asked.

“I sure hope so, I need you guys-“ Instead of finishing my sentence, I started to scream. David had appeared out of nowhere, and stabbed Jax in the chest.

He sunk to his knees. Duff was right next to him, so he crouched down to help him.
David grabbed Shanker by the throat, and tried to lift him, but it was difficult because of Shanker’s height.

*BANG*  A loud bang was heard as Mike shot David. He hit his arm, making David run away like a coward.
“What is with evil people and the name David?” Mike wondered.

“Jax!” I bent down next to him. “Don’t die!”

“Don’t worry about me, I knew the risks” He gasped, closing his eyes, and stopped breathing.

“We’ve gotta do something.” Duff said. “I think I know a bit of CPR” Duff put his hands on Jax’s chest and started performing CPR. Nothing was working. “Noo!”

Suddenly Jax’s arm waved around. His other arm moved too.

“Oh. My. God. I think that was me.” Shanker said. He picked up a piece of wood and gave it to me.

“What the heck do I want this for?!” I asked.

It went flying out of my hands, like it was alive.

Duff was still trying to save Jax. “Come on, man.” Jax took a breath.
Duff fell back slightly, out of breath.

I took a good look at Jax’s wound. It was gone. “I think.. you just healed him.” I said with my eyes wide.

Shanker grabbed Jax’s hand to pull him up, but suddenly Shanker went flying.
“Awesome!” Jax said excitedly.

Shanker glared back at Jax.

“Sorry man but this is awesome.”

Everyone turned to Mike and stared at him. He was the only one who hadn’t shown any sign of a power.

Everything went black.

“What just happened?”
“My eyes!”
“I can’t see!”
“What’s going on?!” Our voices chorused together.

“I’m sorry guys, I guess I do have a power too.” Mike said sheepishly.

“We don’t have time. We have to find this guy.” I said.

“Yeah. Maybe we could split up?” Jax suggested.

“We’re stronger together. Gah, I wish there were proper lights in here.” My fire was not the best light source.

“I can see just fine.” Mike said. “I guess I can’t just make other people blind, I can make my eyesight better too.”

“Great! You can go first then” Shanker gestured towards the door.

We walked down several hallways and didn’t find a single thing.

“This is ridiculous, we’ll never find him.” Shanker sighed.

“I smell something.” Mike said.

“Are you for real?” I asked. “You have a really good sense of smell too?”

“Yeah, but I can’t use it at the same time as seeing in the dark. This David guy smells like he hasn’t showered in a week. He’s this way.” Mike pointed down a small corridor.

As we neared a door, Mike fell to the ground, clutching his head.

“Be careful guys, he’s close. He’s using his power on- argh!” I stumbled.

David appeared, looking angry. “You! How are you still alive?” He asked Jax.

“Just real lucky I guess” Jax replied, pointing his gun straight at David.

David got ready to throw his knife at Jax, but it hit a blue-tinged wall that Jax created and the knife fell to the ground.

“Yeah, we have powers too, douchebag.” I said.

We were safe behind Jax’s forcefield thingy, so Mike used his power against David.

David collapsed to the ground suddenly.

“What did you just do?” Shanker asked.

“I’m not sure.. I think I stopped one of his senses… He can’t feel anything, so I guess that made him fall.” Mike said.

Duff walked over to David. “How long will it last for?”

“Not long.” David reached out to grab Duff, but Duff side stepped out of his reach. David jumped up, but Duff grabbed his arm.

David shuddered and fell to the ground. He was no longer breathing.

“Oh my god, what the hell did I just do?” Duff said.

“It’s not your fault, he would have killed so many more people.” Mike said.

“With my power, I can bring him back..”

“He’s not worth bringing back.” I said coldly. “Let’s go, guys.” I began to walk away.

We walked straight out of the warehouse, back towards where the car was parked. I turned and looked back at the warehouse, throwing fire straight at it. I let the building burn down before getting in the car.

“So.. who can drive?” I asked from the front seat.

Shanker got in the driver’s seat. “I won’t have to drive.” He said, as the steering wheel moved by itself, and the car started to drive away.

“Let’s go back to New York, Shanker.”

((Not sure I put enough action in this for you guys! I kinda rushed some parts coz I wanted to get it done quick...coz its hard to write when I don't have the tv show as a guideline))

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »
I KNEW IT! You killed me! Oh well, at least I got better. ::)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
AWESOMENESS!!!  8)

Love this chapter Claire! Our characters reactions were cool and I thought the things you had my character say were a lot like what I'd actually say in that situation. Also, showing us use our powers for the first time was very cool. Glad to see you're already getting creative with my powers.

Can't wait to read more!

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2009, 11:24:05 AM »
very nice, got me to a tee... what does that even mean?

also

David grabbed Shanker by the throat, and tried to lift him, but it was difficult because of Shanker’s height.

... really?
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
well a short guy cant just lift a tall guy by the throat, thats just physics lol

of course I could lift you just fine haha

awesome chapter claire, you got my reaction down perfect, and as promised, im a total badass lol and I liked how i wanted to revive him, made killing him more realistic

and everyone elses powers were pretty sweet, so whats our team name? haha