Author Topic: 1000 Things the Animorphs SHOULD Have Morphed  (Read 7561 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: 1000 Things the Animorphs SHOULD Have Morphed
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
YAY!
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »
could it be possible to morph like one tape worm or other parasite and parasite on the parasites? read it a couple times, then it'll make sense

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2011, 07:15:35 PM »
thars kind of disgusting though.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »
but then you could infiltrate the controllers and target the yeerks and not so much hurt the people

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
what would it accomplish though, besides making a host much more hungry for 2 hours

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
maybe tape worm was a bad example, but there are all sorts of other parasites, like ones that attack muscles, bones, brain, skin, sinuses, whatever. the 'morphs could just direct themselves into the yeerk, leave some asexual eggs inside the yeerk and hightail it outta there. yeerk goes into the pool 3 days later with tons of parasites which spread to the fellow yeerks. it's combat war of the worlds style

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2011, 11:36:37 PM »
but where would they capture the said deadly parasites without being afflicted themselves?

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2011, 07:47:57 AM »
should kill the parasite when they morph/demorph, as it's not part of their original DNA, right?

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
I dont really think parasite eggs are part of DNA. The nest you could hope is that something goes wrong with the eggs when your organs and bones shift. Even then how would they get the parasites

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »
there are literally millions of different parasites that we know of. we are exposed to who knows how many of them and they pass harmlessly through our bodies. since yeerks are deemed similar to slugs, there could be some earth parasites that could affect them aliens. there are parasites that are species specific and other that are generalizers. it would take ages to find a parasite that might affect them, but it could be done.

there really are parasites that will only negatively affect slugs and won't do anything to humans. if it were to affect yeerks in the same manner, then the yeerks could be exposed to them and all hosts would be fine

NateSean

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »
Trouble with the tapeworm is that it's entire body is made for reproduction. One piece breaks off and it grows into a new worm. You're talking about the most prolific breeder in nature.

And you take into account what happened to Rachel with just two halves of a starfish morph...

Offline MrSemitone

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2011, 08:01:47 AM »
But seriously this is one thing i never could wrap my head around why most animorphs have different DNA and most of the time dint even try to have the same biological weapons the choose from. One member mentioned before that it would be easy for the yeerks to recognize the animals and get the hang of it who is the leader and so on, but there are many more reasons like sometimes when it is important to morph into an animal that you normally dont morph to but still would be positiv in this situation. And still they could have they're favourites and all but besides some very basic animals that they have all together I always wondered why they never try to broaden more on the same animals to distract the yeerks more -> very strategic
Banana pancakes forever!

NateSean

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2011, 04:41:14 PM »
I don't think they could have discerned a leader from the morphs alone. I mean, they never thought-spoke outside of their group and since Ax always remained in his original form they were more likely to assume he was the leader.

But I get what you're saying. Rachel is the only one of the group to change battlemorphs and a range of morphs might have confused the Yeerks as to the number of "Andalite" bandits.