Author Topic: If the yeerks were really invading...  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
Re: If the yeerks were really invading...
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 08:45:11 PM »
I would spend my time getting conclusive proof that the yeerks existed and get it to the president or to the head of the U.N. or something so steps could be taken to fight it. First I would find a couple of people I could isolate for three days. Once checked my friends and I would do the said above.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »
Yeah, I figure it's a risk, but no more of a risk than screaming my head off while firing a machine gun into the Yeerk Pool.

Rambo is a good movie but doesn't work in Real Life. I'd personally try to sneak into the Yeerk pool a rapid dispersal container of Sarin or VX gas. Heck even Hydrogen Cyanide (Zyklon B) or Tabun would work to completely devastate ANY organism in the Yeerk pool.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »
Rambo is a good movie but doesn't work in Real Life. I'd personally try to sneak into the Yeerk pool a rapid dispersal container of Sarin or VX gas. Heck even Hydrogen Cyanide (Zyklon B) or Tabun would work to completely devastate ANY organism in the Yeerk pool.

There's three problems with that plan. One is that we do not know if those poisons are even soluble in the Kandrona fluid in which the Yeerks live, and two, we don't know if they are lethal to them. For all we know, Cyanide could be an essential nutrient for Yeerks. Their metabolisms are like nothing on Earth. Three, as a civilian, how do you intend to acquire chemical weapons? Most nations even agree to not use them in modern warfare. You could technically make some cyanide based compounds, but not the in quantities it would take to saturate the entire Yeerk Pool complex.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »

There's three problems with that plan. One is that we do not know if those poisons are even soluble in the Kandrona fluid in which the Yeerks live, and two, we don't know if they are lethal to them. For all we know, Cyanide could be an essential nutrient for Yeerks. Their metabolisms are like nothing on Earth. Three, as a civilian, how do you intend to acquire chemical weapons? Most nations even agree to not use them in modern warfare. You could technically make some cyanide based compounds, but not the in quantities it would take to saturate the entire Yeerk Pool complex.

Hydrogen cyanide is easily available commerically. Also why would you disperse them in Kandrona? You disperse them in the atmosphere and kill all the hosts.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 06:31:53 PM »
Then the still living Yeerks would get new hosts. Remember, it's only once for a few hours every three days. The vast majority of controllers would still be out and about. The best thing would be to try to poison the pool, starving them out.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
Actually, I think turning the complex into a crater would be effective enough.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 06:39:19 PM »
I wouldn't bring it up front that directly. If a Blade ship decided to come down and dracon everything in sight, we'd be helpless. If you poison the pool, you still kill Yeerks, the only difference is that they'd be helpless for a while, and it could be blamed on others, like an accident. Who's fault was it that the oatmeal confiscation shed leaked into the pool?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »
You need to do something that will cause the Pool Ship to need to land, so you can take it. that means getting rid of the ground base. Not killing some people, and making them have to clean things up so they can get back to normal.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
It's not that simple. You just don't waltz on up to the Pool ship and take it. The Animorphs had a complex plan based on pre-existing connections and a bit of luck. We'd have none of that.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 06:45:46 PM »
Unless you take the Pool Ship, or possibly the Blade Ship, you can't win. Not as i see it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »
You can delay for as long as possible. If it were up to me, I would delay until I could figure out how to do two things.

Give undeniable evidence to known non-controllers high up in the government/military, and find a way to lure the Pool Ship somewhere into the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

After the Pool Ship has met some nuclear weapons, present evidence to uninformed nations around the world, as to not provoke conflict for violations of nuclear treaties.

Problem solved, or at least until they bring more ships.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »
You think the Pool Ship wouldn't be able to stop nuclear missles? Shooting them down would be easy, with the guns and by deploying some bugfighters. And I doubt the resulting explosions and radiation would penetrate the shields.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »
I said ocean for a reason. A nuke coming up from the water would be the real payload. ICBM's would just be distractions.

I do believe nuclear weapons could harm them. There have been instances in the books where they show that force fields aren't impenetrable, and demanding too much energy can overload them. A couple/few nukes should definitely be capable of that.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
Well, it might work. But how would you get it to come down, anyway? The only reason it came down in the books is to keep the controllers on the ground from dieing en mass. Actually, they might be able to just be sent up there to stay, but for whatever reason that didn't happen in the books.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
I think that these "blow them to smithereens" plans are horrible. You realize that you are talking about sentient creatures here? They aren't all evil, and one of the few things that we as humans have to rely on is our humanity. In a war obviously death is inevitable, but you should seek the most effective means of winning with the lowest loss of life possible.

You can't hate the Yeerks for what they are. Many of the Yeerks in that pool could be YPM Yeerks. Or young Yeerks who have never had a host. Or Yeerks who could easily be persuaded to find a better way. Not to mention all of the hosts that would be killed.

Civil unrest amongst the Yeerks is, in my opinion a more effective and less costly way of achieving victory.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013