Author Topic: An Error Has Occurred! A sequel to Revenge of the Banned  (Read 20852 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: An Error Has Occurred! A sequel to Revenge of the Banned
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
That would be totally awesome. I'd buy books by you.  ;D

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »
This one's a mite bit shorter, but enjoy the next chappie!
Chapter Eleven--Ghosts, Traitors, and Yeerks, Oh My!

"Um...yeah, you really chose the wrong time to show up here."
   A ghost you know looked around the slightly dismal piles of rubble.  "But you guys need help," he said sensibly, looking at Guy, who shrugged.
   "You're right.  Well, um, let's go talk to Richard.  See what he thinks about this."
   "Sounds good," said Ghost, floating after Guy.
   Ghost had come to RAF just today, retaining his ghost form because he went before the Nanos and Shards hit their mark.  Guy had opted to be his little tour guide. 
   (Author's Note: Ghost isn't that new to RAF.  I know.  But I wanted a reason for him not being in the story till now, so...meh...)
   Richard looked up from where he was talking quietly on the phone with someone, Tyler standing nearby looking ruffled.  "Thank you," Richard said, hanging up and sticking his phone in his pocket.  "And that's how you order mortar," he said jokingly to Tyler, who walked off muttering something about bricks.
   Richard looked up at Guy, and his gaze traveled to Ghost.  "Hello, who's this?"  He said kindly.
   "My name is A ghost you know.  Just call me Ghost," Ghost said, smiling as well.  "I would shake your hand...but I'm a ghost."
   Richard laughed.  "No problems.  Are you sure you want to be here now?"
   "Yes," said Ghost immediately, nodding.  "You need help.  You're all exhaused and some of you are bloody.  You all look like there's some constant threat hanging over your head and I want to help."
   Richard smiled and ran a weary hand through his tousled hair.  "Admirable," he said, "And helpful.  We are a bit of a mess right now.  You see, this deranged lunatic of a woman, named AlmightyQueen, was banned from here some time ago.  Her, AlothAssassin, and YorickBrown, also banned some time ago, along with one of our member's also slightly deranged evil sister, Dagger--"
   "Don't mention that backstabbing murderer," said a familiar angry voice.  Ghost, Richard, and Guy turned to see Cloaky and Duff standing nearby. 
   "Cloaky?"  Said Richard in disbelief.  A huge smile broke out on his face.  "Thank God!  We thought you had been captured, or killed, you were away so long!"
   "Sorry," Cloaky said, grinning under his hood.  "I couldn't find Dagger anywhere."
   "The Universe is a big place," said Guy mildly. 
   "True," admitted Cloaky.  "So, I teleport to some random place and literally land on top of Duff.  So I brought him back here."
   "UNCLE CLOAKYYYYYYYYYY!"
   "Sha--OOF!" Said Cloaky, then gasped as the wind was knocked out of him as Shadow barreled into him, babbling constantly.
   "Uncle Cloaky!  Jess suddenly showed up at our house so Mom and I took care of her and then Dagger showed up and tried to kidnap me and we teleported to the ocean and found Shanker and then came back here and then went home and got help so now RAF is being rebuilt by Realm Walkers and--!"
   "Shadow!"  Said Faith, prying her daughter off of Cloaky.  "Sorry," she said.  "The last day has been nothing but fun for her...but Cloaky!  You're okay!"
   As she embraced her brother, Cloaky smiled.  "Sorry to have worried you.  I got a little caught up in my travels.  I guess I lost track of time."
   The single operating phone that Goom had somehow rigged up rang.  Everyone glanced at it.  "Leave it," said Richard carelessly.  "The answering machine will get it and if it's anyone important we can pick up."
   "So, what did Shadow say?  Dagger tried to kidnap her?!"  Demanded Cloaky as the phone rang for the third time. 
   "Yeah...well, as she said, Jess showed up at my house--"
   Click.  The answering machine kicked in.  "Hello, this is Richard's Animorphs Forum.  Sorry, but we're experiencing some technical difficulties that will be resolved as soon as possible.  Please leave your message after the beep."  Beep.
   "Nuts," said a muffled voice at the other end.  "Got an answering machine..."
   "Leave a message," said an even more faint voice.
   "Okay," said the first voice, then, much louder, said.  "Hi, this is Estelore.  Um, we're--we meaning me, Gaz, and Horsie--"
   Guy nearly fell over himself to get to the phone.  "Este?"  He demanded, putting the phone on speaker.  "Este, it's Guy!  You're okay?  Gaz and Horsie?  Is everyone okay?"
   "Guy!"  said Este, sounding relieved.  "Yes we're all--hey!  No, you two, I'm talking to him!  You--"
   There was a scuffling sound on the other end as if both Gaz and Horse were trying to wrestle the phone out of Este's hands.  "I'm putting the phone on speaker!"  Said the star's exasperated voice, faint again, like she was talking to Gaz and Horsie."
   There was a slight click, and then in unison, Gaz said "Guy!"  As Sealie said "Justin!"
   "Beth, Rachel, you're alright," Guy said, sounding relieved.
   "Where are you guys?"  Said Cloaky, leaning towards the phone.  There was a pause.
   "CLOAKY?!"  Yelled Seal.  Cloaky smiled, expecting another warm welcome.
   "Hey, Seal," He said.
   "Where the HELL have you BEEN?!"  Screamed Horsie's voice. 
   Cloaky stared at the phone.  "Hunting down Dagger?"
   "YOU IDIOT!! YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR A YEAR, NO WORD FROM YOU, WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD, OR CAPTURED, OR AT LEAST I DID, YOU COULD HAVE SPARED A MOMENT TO DROP IN FOR A CUP OF TEA OR WHATEVER YOU DRINK--"
   There was another scuffling sound, and Horsie could be heard continuing her rant in the backround as Gaz spoke over her.  "So, uh, we'd like some way to get back to RAF, please.  We're in some weird abandoned city, and there looks like a rockpile-cave thing not far away.  I think this is the city we could see from Queen's cave."
   There was a pause.  "I'm so sorry, but we're a little stressed over here," said Richard slowly.  "Why can't you get home yourself if you know relatively where you are?"
   "Because it's still downpouring, and there's a whopping big field in front of us," said Este.  "I can already see mud everywhere.  It'll be nigh impossible to get a wheelchair through that."
   "A wheelchair?"  Questioned everyone on Guy's end at once.
   "Er, yeah," said Horsie, done with her rant.  "I'm sitting in that.  Kinda sucks."
   "But why?"  Demanded Guy.  "Are you alright?"
   "Apart from having been beaten within an inch of my life, with both legs and several fingers and toes broken and massive bruises all over my body, dandy," she said dryly.
   There was a pause. 
   "WHAT?!"  Said everyone on Guy's end.
   "Yeah.  When I showed up in the city, just my luck, I end up right in front of some gang who find it'll be fun to beat me to death.  So they did just that.  If Este didn't show up and display her new skills as a firestarter...I wouldn't be talking to all of you right now."
   There was another pause, and Este took up the story.  "As she said, Gaz and I found her, and found a nice woman named Emma who used to work at the old, closed down hospital.  She and her granddaughter, Julia, took us in and helped Horsie.  But then for some reason Julia sold us out to Queen, who was in the city.  It was there that we found out..."
   "Found out what?"  Prompted Richard when Este fell silent.
   "We found out that Claire...Claire is alive."
   There was another pause.  And another unison "WHAT?!"
   "It's true.  Terenia's with her.  She and Claire are outside the Internet.  At least, that's what Queen said."  Gaz explained. 
   Suddenly, a faint voice on the other end shouted "There they are!  Get 'em!"
   "Dammit!" Gasped Horsie with a frightened edge to her voice.  "We've got companty!"
   "Guys?"  Said Duff, leaning towards the phone. 
   "Don't let 'em get away!" Said the first gruff voice.
   "I'll hold them off!"  Said Este's voice.  "Take Horsie and go!"
   "Guys?!" Said Phoenix, who had just showed up, and heard the tail end of their conversation. 
   There were gunshots sounding.  Everyone instinctively tensed up, Faith grabbing Shadow protectively.
   "GAZ!"  Yelped Horsie.  "Este, they got her with a tazer!"
   "AAAAAAAAH!"  Screamed a different voice.  "FIRE!  I'M ON FIRE!!"
   "Get the firestarter!  The one in the wheelchair won't get far!"  Shouted the first voice again.
   "But, Vulture's--"
   "DO IT, RAT!"  Screamed the voice.
   "Horsie, RUN!" Screeched Este.  More screams came, ufamiliar.  "Get out of--"
   Her voice cut off, ominously short.  There was a strange crinkling sound, like...
   "Ice?" Gasped one person.  The first voice, and evidently the leader's said in an amused tone, "Taze her."
   There was some muffled sounds too indistinct to make out.  Then, a slight scraping sound, like someone was picking up the phone.  The leader's voice came through. 
   "I'm assume you guys are the RAFians," he said.  "My name's Mercy.  Nice to meet'cha.  What can I do for you."
   "YOU EVIL, STINKING, SON OF A--" Screamed Cloaky in an uncharactaristic flash of anger.
   "What did you do?!"  Demanded Richard.
   Mercy chuckled.  "Straight to the point, are we?  Very well.  They have all been tazered, never fear.  They'll be fine.  They just tried to escape when they shouldn't have."
   "Why--did--you--beat--up--my--sister?"  Ground Guy out from between gritted teeth.
   "Your sister?"  Mercy sounded surprised.  Then he laughed.  He laughed and laughed and laughed.  "Ahahahahaha!  Priceless.  Absolutely priceless!  Is your wiffle sissy lost and confused?"  He developed a mock baby "accent." 
   Phoenix literally had to grab Guy to stop him from breaking the phone with his bare hands.
   "Anyway," Mercy continued, "I've got a little appointment with Queen.  Tata."
   This time, Guy actually did jump forward and break the phone with his bare hands, which didn't really make a difference, because Mercy was doing the same on the other end, but with the butt end of a gun.
   Somewhere, a Heavy shouted "My fists they are made of steel!!"
   "Guy!"  Said Phoenix, grabbing him and holding him back again.
   "That--that--" spluttered Guy, unable to form a coherent sentence.
On the other end, Mercy chuckled, watching carelessly as Bergson heaved Horsie's unconscious body back into her wheelchair.  "Let's get these guys back to Queen."

"DAMMIT!"  Yelled Guy, slamming his fist frustratedly against a stack of metal sheets.  "We had them!!  We knew where they were and they got caught again!!  And Horsie..."
   "Guy, calm down!"  Yelled Steph, practically slapping him.  "Calm DOWN!"
   "NO!  They got caught again!!  And Claire is alive!!  How can you be SO FRIGGIN' CALM!"
   Phoenix blanched slightly.  "Claire is alive?!"  He demanded, grabbing Guy by his shoulders.  "How do you know?!  Where is she?!"
   (Author's Note: Yes, Claire is a guy now.  His name is Peter.  Congratulations, Peter!  But as for now, I'm keeping him as a girl.  Don't worry, I know that he isn't, but seriously.  He's been in captivity for a year...his change wouldn't really be possible.)
   "I don't know!"  Guy yelled again, slamming his fist on the metal plates again.  "I don't know, okay?!"
   Richard sat there, deep in thought.  "We don't have enough people," he said softly to Goom and Russell, who were standing nearby.
   (Author's Note again: I am also aware of the staff changes.  Again, this isn't really the time for that.  Don't worry, Teach and Kat, you're not forgotten.)
   "I know," said Goom, rubbing his eyes as if trying to drive the sleepiness away.  "We can't mount a rescue mission.  If Queen sent this, we need to get our defenses up ASAP.  But...we can't just leave them there..."
   "We have no idea where they've been taken, and it sounds like Queen has help," put in Russ.  "I don't like it as much as any of you, but...we just can't spare anyone.  They'll have to fend for themselves."
   A tortured look entered Richard's eyes as he looked away.  "You're right," he said softly, knowing that he would have many sleepless nights after this descision.  "We'll just have to wait."

Myitt muttered softly in her sleep, then awoke with a start.  "Oh, right," she muttered.  "I'm on Serenity..."
   There were sounds outisde of the smuggler's hatch.  "Oh, crap," she muttered and scrambled to one side, as far in as she could go, just in case someone opened it.
   There were sounds from outside.  "River, give that back..." Said Simon's worried voice.
   There was a slight silence.  "River..." Simon said again.
   "It's wrong," said River.
   "What's wrong?"
   "This.  It's wrong.  All wrong.  Clearly different.  They're lying, why are they lying, they always, always lie..."
   "River, you're holding one of those protein bars."
   "It still lies."
   Myitt had to hold back a snort of laughter at that.
   "River, sweetie give that back to us," Said Zoe's voice, joining Simon's.  "There you go...thank you..."
   "Don't listen to a word it says..."
   "I'll do that."  Said Zoe, and her footsteps retreated.
   "If your sister don't have anything to do but be crazy, make her do it somewhere else.  Some of us want to do useful things," Said Jayne, his footsteps desending like he was going down a flight of stairs.
   "Like what?"  Simon asked, a slight edge to his voice. 
   "Don't start bickering like an old married couple, now," Said Mal, also sounding like he was going downstairs.  "We've got things to do on this boat."
   "It's time for River's medicine anyway.  Come on, River..."
   "Got another job for us?"  Asked Jayne.  Footsteps were coming towards the hatch, where Myitt scrambled backwards until she felt cold metal against her back.
   "Gotta see what's left first," Responded Mal, and light poured into the hatch.  Myitt made herself as small as possible.  Please don't let them find me...
   Crates scraped as they were pulled out.  "That everything?"  Asked Mal.
   "I'll check," said Jayne, poking his head in.  Some sort of flashlight was in his hand, unfortunately, and it shone straight into Tara's face.
   "What in the...Mal, did you pick up a girl 'long the way?"  Asked Jayne, obviously baffled.
   "A girl?"
   "Yeah, uh...here."
   Jayne grabbed Tara's ankle and pulled her out of the hatch.  "Get your hands off of me!"  She yelled, struggling to find a handhold on the slick metal.
   She blinked up into the face of Captain Malcom Reynolds. 
   "This is unexpected," she muttered.
   "You're absolutely right," he said, pulling out his pistol, ****ing it, and pointing it right in between her eyes.

Queen drummed her fingers thoughtfully on the arm of her throne.  "Incompetent fools," she muttered, referring to the RAFian's escape.  But, Mercy had gotten it back under control.  They had been ejected from the Internet and put in Terenia and Claire's cell.
   "Queen?"  Said Yorick, coming in.  "Your majesty?"
   Making a mental note to give a lecture on correct form of adress, Queen said "Yes?"
   "You've got some mail..." he said, holding up an envelope.
   Queen narrowed her eyes and tipped her head to one side.  "Who's it from?  How did they find me?"
   "I don't know, there's no return adress."
   "Give it to me."
   Yorick approached, bowing (he rolled his eyes when she couldn't see him) as he had been instructed and gave the envelope to her.  She opened it, sliding a strange gray metal disc into her hand.  It was much thicker than your average CD, and there was a button on the side.  She cautiously pressed it.
   Immediately, blue light fizzled up from the machine, taking the shape of a miniature version of some bizzare creature.  "Nyah!"  Yelped Queen, dropping the machine.
   "I'd thank you to pick this hologram emitter up, AlmightyQueen."  A cool voice issued from the machine.  "I'd like to speak to you."

Slowly, the holographic Queen came back into place, like she had picked the emitter up.  "What are you?"  She demanded.  Feletaros gave a small bow. 
   "My name is Feletaros, AlmightyQueen."  He said levelly.  "I am a Peletaran."
   "What in the hell is a Peletaran?"  Snapped Queen briskly.  "And how did you find me?"
   Feletaros had to admire how quickly she had recovered from the shock.  He covered his surprise with a slight chuckle.  "My dear AlmightyQueen, to the Peletarans, it was but a matter of minutes.  And, Peletarans are mutated humans.  We are experiments who realized that we were not content to just serve our masters.  We became independant.  We are fighting machines.  And we have a proposition for you."
   Queen stared at him ponderingly.  "Call me Queen," she said slowly.  "What kind of a proposition?"
   "We are trapped here at The Cliff--where we were created."  He explained.  "Should you free us, we would be willing to fight for you.  Fight the RAFians."
   "How do you know about the RAFians?"
   "We were able to access the memories of three RAFians who ended up on our doorstep.  They call themselves Blue, Blocky and Marie."
   "Access their memories?  You must be very advanced."
   "Very astute.  We are.  Tell you what.  We will give you the location of The Cliff.  Should you arrive, one of the RAFians will be waiting.  We have erased their memories of RAF, so they will not know who you are.  Then, if you free us, you will have our services and the other two RAFians.  What do you say?"
   Queen stared at him, obviously thinking.  Then, a smile broke out on her face.  "How do I know you won't just attack us as soon as I get out?  And how do I know you are really fighting machines?"
   Feletaros smiled, showing pointed fangs.  "You don't know the former of your questions, but I will send you proof of the latter via your computers.  When you have decided, press the button on the side of this emitter and give me your answer.  Good day."
   With another bow, he switched it off, and turned to Lellina.  "We'll be out of here soon," he said, abruptly dropping his cool and collected demeanor. 
   Lellina sighed.  "We could get out of here ourselves, but..."
   "But the New Peletarans would escape too.  I know.  The access pannel on the outside must be programmed.  I'll get out first.  You and the other Originals hold them off while I program it to only accept our DNA."
   "Which RAFian will we send outside first?"
   "Blue."
   "Why Blue?"
   "Random choice."

Queen drummed her fingers on the arm of her chair.  "I'd be a fool not to accept that," she said to Yorick, who had heard the message.
   "But we'll need insurance.  Even if they don't attack us, what if the RAFians will?"
   "It's unlikely, but you're right.  We'll take Horsie along as insurance.  She's young, they're all protective of her.  And seeing her injured already...well, they'll fall over themselves to let her live."
   "So, we're accepting?"
   "I'll need to think about it.  Get Aloth, Dagger, and Mercy in here."
   "Yes, Your Highness."
   Queen watched as Yorick bowed, and then left.  "Hmm..." she droned thoughtfully.  Things were going almost too well.  Then she giggled.  "Once I get more forces...let's see the RAFians beat me then!"  She giggled maniacally. 
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
EDIT: Sorry for posting such a short comment earlier, but I was in a hurry. I've got more time now, so I've finally been able to put down my thoughts in a coherent manner.

Wow, great chapter! :D

Thanks for bringing me into the action! I'm looking forward to helping, and settling a major score with that gang in particular.
There is one minor thing I noticed - I usually have a physical body (which is why I was able to hold a shredder in the Intro Randomness RP) but I can dissolve it for floating through walls, etc.

How many RAFians has Queen captured or proxy-captured now? 7? (Claire, Gaz, Este, you, Blue, Marie, and Blocky, if I recall correctly)
Poor Richard. I know he's got to be hurting over the call to leave you guys... hopefully he can spare the manpower to mount a rescue mission soon, though.

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:11:27 PM by Luke Skywalker (AGYK) »
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2010, 07:43:24 AM »
Great chapter! Loved it!  ;D

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2010, 02:43:12 AM »
*gasp* Almost... full... month... why..? *collapses*

No more writing? :pwease:
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

HiImshort

« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
awesome new chapter Seal. :thumbsup:

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2010, 04:17:04 PM »
Quote from: Darth Revan
*gasp* Almost... full... month... why..? *collapses*

No more writing? :pwease:
Seal's been extremely busy IRL. I seriously doubt she's dropping this, though.

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm REALLY busy right now.  Seriously.  I have, like, no time for writing.  But I am NOT dropping this.   :)  I'm pretty sure I have something written of the next chapter, but...I haven't really checked.  -_-

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2010, 07:57:15 PM »
Okay good. Don't let the story die!!!!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Mythgirl

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Everyplace needs a sugar-happy dryad!
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
Can I be in it? Pleasepleasepleasep leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ase?
<~~Click please!

Seal, Sakki, Kayla, and Blue are my siblings. I may have others, but that is yet to be confirmed. TobiasMasonPark and Mewmorpher are my cousins.

Mutually RAFcrushing on Rukh! :D

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »
*headdeskheaddeskheaddesk* BADSEALBADSEALBADSE ALBADSEAL

I haven't worked on this AT ALL.  -_-

When I FINALLY DO IT *headdesk* I'll put you in it *headdesk* Myth. *headdesk*  It might be a little while *headdesk* because RAF's in such chaos *headdesk* but I'll get you in. *headdesk*

Thanks to Bear!

Offline Mythgirl

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »
Thank you Sealie! *glomps Seal* I read RotB and all of AEHO so far and I LOVE IT!!!!! Keep writing!

Post Merged: November 07, 2010, 05:33:04 PM
Write more. Now. *cracks whip*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:33:04 PM by mythgirl »
<~~Click please!

Seal, Sakki, Kayla, and Blue are my siblings. I may have others, but that is yet to be confirmed. TobiasMasonPark and Mewmorpher are my cousins.

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
*takes away the whip and hides it*
She's been busy IRL. Don't rush her!

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2010, 11:46:29 PM »
Hey!  I'm juggling show week, school, various parties, writing Fading Dawn, and trying to get some other leisure time here!  -_-

Thanks to Bear!

Offline Mythgirl

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
Sorry, Horsie.  :hug2: I know how you feel, take your time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:09:39 PM by mythgirl »
<~~Click please!