Author Topic: You're an Animorph...What Animals Do You Actually Have Access too?  (Read 7075 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: You're an Animorph...What Animals Do You Actually Have Acess too?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 07:12:26 PM »
My mom's cats, my friend's dogs and birds... flies, spiders, ants, various other insects... There's a horse barn relatively close to my friend's house where her mom spends a lot of time, so it wouldn't be completely weird for me to show up there...

Yeah, that kind of covers it, actually.

Ants? Did you just say ants!? You would even attempt morphing ants after reading book 5 or 9?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
::) The title says what animals do I actually have access to. Ants are animals I have access to.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »
Just being comically overdramatic there.  ;D

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
Whatever. ::)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 08:46:46 PM »
I have a dog and a rat. I'd acquire those first and then try for a bird. I'm not sure how I'd get one. I could go to a pet store. While there I'd get a scorpion and a turtle (For swimming) and a ferret. I can think of a pet store with all of those. Then I'd head to Brookfield Zoo (preferably at night and get some other morphs like a goose. I could maybe get a few other morphs but security would be hard. I'd try for a hippo (causes the most human deaths in Africa) and rhino. Maybe I could get a puma or something. Also a kangaroo. Fast and those legs can pack a punch.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

NateSean

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
See, the beauty of geese is that I grew up in a town where there is a pond frequented by geese and ducks. They're so used to people feeding them that they'll just walk right up to you. Of course, Vermont is also a big hunting area, so Yeerks not withstanding, I wouldn't want to morph anything that is considered game.

Skunks are another common animals in most towns really. If you don't startle it right away you can actually get close enough to touch it without making it want to spray. Walk into a meeting of Yeerks and spray several high ranking controllers. They'd be out of commission for a while.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »
Assorted cats and dogs, chickens, large pony, goats, ducks, frogs, crickets and grasshoppers, spiders, flies, fleas, ****roaches, rabbits if I visit some relatives...

...and as a cat I'm sure I could get access to any songbirds I'd want.

Beyond that, I'd probably just go to the Treehouse Wildlife Center in Brighton, where I've volunteered before, and see if I can get hooked up with peregrines, bald and golden eagles, pumas, bobcats, and coyotes.  They have a pelican and a whole mess of deer; I might morph the pelican for kicks. :)

Combat morphs? Hmn. I figure polar bear or tiger would be most to my taste, but the nearest ones are in St. Louis zoo.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 09:39:10 PM »
     Honestly, I think I would acquire and morph everything and anything within five feet of me :P

As for flight and battle morphs, I'd have to take a trip to a zoo downtown, which isn't very far, actually. I haven't been there in YEARS, though, so I don't know what animals they have.

Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
In my area...dogs, cats, foxes, dingos, kangaroos, koalas, birds, lizards, snakes...I think there's a zoo about an hour away with lions though. Oh and there's an emu farm nearby haha
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

NateSean

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
Emu farms are big in parts of the States too. Not sure how useful they'd be for battle. I'd almost prefer a fully grown Ostrich. Those things are nasty fighters and there are people who raise ostriches for meat and leather.

Speaking of birds, in my home State and very accessible is this handy little organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_Institute_of_Natural_Science
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:55:04 PM by NateSean »

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »
1: Acquire goose or duck
2: Fly to a nearbyish area with access to animals I need.

Though, there are two zoos where I live, one of which does have some touch cages and stuff, though I haven't been in a long time so I don't know what I'd be able to get my hands on.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: You're an Animorph...What Animals Do You Actually Have Access too?
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »
um... 2 dogs, various insects, and geckos. (we even have a green anole in the yard somewhere.)
maybe a squirrel if i could catch it. ::)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
I have access to quite a lot of animals, since I work at a zoo. However, none of them would really be ideal in a combat situation, as we're a small zoo and don't have larger predatory animals like big cats. I could always travel to zoos that do have them, but I still wouldn't be able to stroke a Tiger without risking serious injury, even if I could somehow sneak into the enclosures.

Including the animals I work with, domesticated animals and animals at other locations I could easily get access to:

Dog, cat, hamster, mouse, rat, chipmunk, squirrel, rabbit, guinea pig, horse, cow, sheep, pig, reindeer, goat, variety of birds (including certain birds of prey and owls), variety of small fish, frog, toad, snake (non-venomous), tarantula, scorpion, salamander, skink, green anole, snail (regular and giant), locust, stick insect, ****roach, fly, ant, caterpillar, butterfly, terrapin, praying mantis, assassin bug, lemur, giraffe, emu, wallaby, meerkat, monkey, iguana, chameleon, etc.

I might be forgetting a few. Like I said, most of the animals I work with are small. The only battle worthy animal I could get access to without serious risk would probably be a rhino. They have them at a zoo not far from here and I could probably reach out and touch one without entering the enclosure.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 09:06:55 PM »
I have access to quite a lot of animals, since I work at a zoo. However, none of them would really be ideal in a combat situation, as we're a small zoo and don't have larger predatory animals like big cats. I could always travel to zoos that do have them, but I still wouldn't be able to stroke a Tiger without risking serious injury, even if I could somehow sneak into the enclosures.

Including the animals I work with, domesticated animals and animals at other locations I could easily get access to:

Dog, cat, hamster, mouse, rat, chipmunk, squirrel, rabbit, guinea pig, horse, cow, sheep, pig, reindeer, goat, variety of birds (including certain birds of prey and owls), variety of small fish, frog, toad, snake (non-venomous), tarantula, scorpion, salamander, skink, green anole, snail (regular and giant), locust, stick insect, ****roach, fly, ant, caterpillar, butterfly, terrapin, praying mantis, assassin bug, lemur, giraffe, emu, wallaby, meerkat, monkey, iguana, chameleon, etc.

It's probably none of my business, but I was wondering if the Animorphs had any influence in your chosen profession. Or were you sure that you'd be working with animals at a young age?
I might be forgetting a few. Like I said, most of the animals I work with are small. The only battle worthy animal I could get access to without serious risk would probably be a rhino. They have them at a zoo not far from here and I could probably reach out and touch one without entering the enclosure.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »
Dogs, cats, rats, quite a few insects...

I guess I could go sneak into the local zoo and pick up some of the more dangerous stuff. (They have a wonderful tiger exhibit there.)

I could see myself also picking up a bird of prey morph from the local park which has a center for bigger birds and the study of them! I guess I would not be so helpless now that I think about it. Hehe
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi