Author Topic: Romance in Animorphs  (Read 13373 times)

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
Re: Romance in Animorphs
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »
Jake and Cassie were going nowhere. They only ever said the like liked each other. They had one moment of kissing, but then they acted afterward like it never happened.

Actually, they did say that they loved each other toward the end of the series... more than once, iirc...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Venus

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:27 AM »
Tobachel. They were my first ever ship. I loved every scene where their relationship got a mention and was dissapointed when it didn't play a part but should have, for example in 43 when he goes to Rachel after Taylor let him go and he finds her home, asleep. Come on. Her boyfriend was recaptured by the controller that nearly tortured him to death, they had no idea where he was or if he was even still alive, and I'm supposed to believe she was actually able to go to SLEEP? That was just sloppy writing as far as I'm concerned. The same sloppy writing that had Rachel killed before his eyes but didn't give him a chapter till 3 years later.  ::)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »
Tobachel.

Oh dear god don't start the name combination thing. Dear god, please.

Come on. Her boyfriend was recaptured by the controller that nearly tortured him to death, they had no idea where he was or if he was even still alive, and I'm supposed to believe she was actually able to go to SLEEP?

You realize, that they've learned to go to sleep with worse things on their mind, right? By this time Tobias has been in almost worse conditions, and he's survived just fine. He's a big boy and can handle himself. Besides, it would only hurt Rachel's chance to find him the next day if she stayed up all night worrying.

The same sloppy writing that had Rachel killed before his eyes but didn't give him a chapter till 3 years later.  ::)

Thus the reason I hate that book.

Actually, they did say that they loved each other toward the end of the series... more than once, iirc...

Sure, but that's it. There was never any mention of them going out, or anything. They kissed in book #26, then in the next 28 books, the only other thing they do is say, "I love you." Whoop-di-do. 'Cause that's how real relationships work. ::)
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline eacortes

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 05:51:18 AM »
I must say that the romance between Rachel and Tobias was far more intertaining, the insecurity of Cassie and Jake tword eachother just bored and annoyed me.  The power of Rachel and Tobias's relationship is sadly and very effectively revealed in #54 with their last "romantic" moment befor Rachel is killed abored the Blade ship with the others watching from the Pool Ship.  Seeing that Rachel is about to be killed, he morphs to human and cries so that Rachel can see him as a human one last time, and then she sais to him, "I love you" and is killed.  Even after her death Tobias still harbors strong feelings for her, like during her funeral when he flies down and takes her urn. You cant help but aknowlage the authenticity of their love.  It was  strong, dynamic, and ended in tragedy only to enforce it. None of the others come close.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:00:30 AM by eacortes »

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »
Sorry Parker... had to be a stickler there... :)

But you're totally right about their relationship... Too much "We're just meant to be" and "I can't imagine not loving her" and crap like that, and not enough actually showing affection in SOME way... That's one reason I liked 44... It gives some insight (granted, not very much) on how much Jake cares about Cassie...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 09:53:07 PM »
Did #44 give anyone else the feeling that Jake and Cassie's relationship was one sided with Jake having the stronger feelings, or was it just foreshadowing what would happen after the war.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:13:53 PM by dolphin4077 »

Offline anijen21

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »
44 was a mess I didn't buy any of it

WHAT CELL PHONE HAS AN OPERATOR BUTTON? ugh
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »
This probably won't surprise many, but I don't remember 44. So I don't have anything to say about it. Except that Cassie dumped Jake at the end. Not the other way around.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »
Tamora Pierce still has love and far more open romance than Animorphs, but is much more childish in other ways.
Jake definitly liked Cassie more than she liked him.

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »
I like the Rachel and Tobias romance. My favorite character is Elfangor though. Half the time these days i keep murmering "Prince Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul." sometimes it is "Tobias" I love the 23rd book!
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 06:01:44 AM »
I went with Elfangor and Loren. I think they had the longest relationship. though I may be wrong. -3 years i think that they skipped with the matrix. Hmm than again I think Aldrea and Dak  had a long relationship too. idno i was just always drawn in by Elfangor and Loren's relationship.

===============================================

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 09:37:45 AM »
It's hard to say how long Aldrea and dak's relationship was. It wasn't pulled apart by the Ellemist, but they could have been killed at any time.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »
I'm going with Dak and Aldrea. Their relationship was just so much more epic than any of the others. Even Elfangor and Loren...the turmoil in their relationship added up to a week. One week! Aldrea and Dak had to survive a war together, and not just any war, a war that they were destined to lose. They also didn't have a perfect relationship. Aldrea used Dak to achieve her goals. She pulled the whole arrogant-Andalite card. She wasn't good for him immediately following her family's death. Dak was influenced by Aldrea to turn his kind into killers after centuries of peace.

But, despite all of that, despite all of the turmoil, despite the Andalites losing, despite the quantum virus, despite Aldrea's manipulations and Dak's self-doubt they still clung together. And not for a week, not for three years, but for long enough to fight the Yeerks, to procreate and to see the child grow at least a little bit. We don't know when they died, but I think we can safely say that they were together in some regard for longer than any other couple in the series (except Elfangor and Loren, but they had the nice suburban dream life). I dunno, I guess I just have an appreciation for love that survives through everything. Rachel and Tobias could have had that, I suppose, if Rachel hadn't died. Cassie and Jake didn't have that, though. The war eventually broke them.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »
awwwwwwwww im nearly in tears here... just to think of Tobias crying for Rachel, and then her telling him she loves him...awwwwwwwwwwww
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline dragonarmy

• Livejournal
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 11:50:03 AM »
Like many people have already said, Tobias/Rachel. There are so many complexities to their relationship. Also, individually, they are excellent characters, two of my favorites. Together? They rule the world.

Elfangor/Loren is a very, very close second. Obviously, it's a relationship that began in deeds and words and not necessarily physical attraction, and that is very appealing.
You were brave. You were good. You mattered.