Author Topic: The first Animorphs book you read?  (Read 11252 times)

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
Re: The first Animorphs book you read?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 12:00:51 PM »
#1, of course ;). My mom was a middle school teacher for thirty-five years and found the display I guess when she took her class to the book fair. She knew I liked animals and aliens, so she bought it for me as a gift. It took me a while to read it(I was six)but I was hooked by the time I was done. :happy30:
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Bladeh Mercury

• Xtreme Member
  • Beware of my love of cats!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »
found it in a thirft store, saw a cat on it and forced my mom to buy it, along with #21, which my brother wanted.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »
#21, then #23, bought at a bookfair when I was in first grade.
I already loved hawks, so the choice was obvious.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
the forgotten, forget the number, think it was 11, i remember being very confused when i read it (i was like 8) and i thought that tobias was a pilot not a bird
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »
Lucky 13
tre magnific!
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »
I first read the 3rd one, the Encounter, I didn't understand it much at first, but after I read books 1 and 2 soon after, I felt sorry for Tobias...  :-\
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
I read something in the 30's first. Even though it has a little introduction that sort of explains what's going on at the beginning of every book, I still didn't understand it. I ended up failing the test, too, and from then on, I decided I didn't like this series. Then, a year later, I had to pick a book for my weekly test, and #1 just happened to be sitting on top of one of the shelves. I checked it out. Fell in love with the series. And now I'm a huge fan. :p
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 05:30:52 AM »
#3, and I was so confused I didn't even know my own name. I put it down and picked it back up about two years later. still confused, so another two years later (after i read #1), I read it again and finally understood it.

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »
The first animorphs book I owned or ever even saw was #3 The Encounter. My grandma bought it for me when it first came out. I didnt read the whole thing though I read like the first chapter got out of my seat and begged my mother to take me to a book store to get the first two. I dont know why, I just loved it from the first words. And I refused to keep going cause I didnt wanta spoil anything. From then on I was hooked.

Offline sherrilina

• Jake/Cassie ftw!
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
For whatever reason (whether availability or a girl turning into a cat being more appealing, I can't recall), I read the second book first, and since it begins in morph and with thought-speak I thought that in these books they simply used <>s instead of ""s for dialogue!  I also was genuinely cliff-hung by the cliffhanger about Tobias not having been able to morph back in the first or second chapter, because I didn't know that he was a nothlit.....

I'm just glad it was early enough not to be too confused!
"Cassie is quieter than Rachel, more peaceful, like she always understands everything on some different, more mystical level.  I guess you could say I kind of like Cassie......"

Offline Reaper

• I seal my promises with a fist...
    • FictionPress - Reaper
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 11:06:44 PM »
The first Animorph book I ever read was 26, The Attack. The second one I read was 2, The Visitor. The third I ever read was the 54. Then the Andalite and Hork Bajir Chronicles. Then the third Megamorph. Then I found out my local library had the entire set there and I was able to figure out who half the characters really were, and just what was going on.

Offline sherrilina

• Jake/Cassie ftw!
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:52 PM »
The first Animorph book I ever read was 26, The Attack. The second one I read was 2, The Visitor. The third I ever read was the 54. Then the Andalite and Hork Bajir Chronicles. Then the third Megamorph. Then I found out my local library had the entire set there and I was able to figure out who half the characters really were, and just what was going on.
Wow, that must have been really confusing for you, lol!  :o

It kind of reminds me of how the first of Buffy I saw was part of season 7 (I was very confused as to what was going and who everyone was as well!), though luckily I turned off the series finale before much had happened so I wasn't spoiled before I could go back and watch it all from the beginning.  That's good you got the chance to do that--that's a good library you have! ;)
"Cassie is quieter than Rachel, more peaceful, like she always understands everything on some different, more mystical level.  I guess you could say I kind of like Cassie......"

Offline Reaper

• FictionPress - Reaper
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 11:46:54 PM »
Well, I missed about ten or more of the main series because they either didn't have them every time I went in, or just didn't have them. But now I have the collection from here.

As for Buffy, I waited three years after it had finished before I started buying the DVDs. Great show.

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 05:44:29 AM »
I feel sorry for those who read books other than #1 first. I'm sure it's confusing. :P :D

Anyway, Reaper, what DVDs do you mean? The eps that you can download from here or a whole different thing?

Offline Reaper

• FictionPress - Reaper
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
Oh, my bad. Buffy DVDs. As far as I know, Animorphs was put on 4 VHS's and nothing more. Whioch would explain why it's impossible to find perfect quality videos of the Animorphs TV series.