Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196646 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4650 on: June 24, 2016, 02:40:33 PM »
Jeffrey squirms uncomfortably. Be cool man. You're not on drugs, but this is nowhere close to the weirdest flipping thing you've seen on drugs. Never forget Talking Sweet Potato Spaghetti Prospero. Nothing can top that. Jeffrey swallowed. "Are you, uhm...trying to make puns? Bad puns? I guess eat up kid, you're nothing but grin and bones. Love the glowing eyeballs though; Mine do that too in yellow when my powers work."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4651 on: June 24, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »
Dalik snorts into her lemonade, then gives the skeletal creature a sidelong look. "You are not from Earth," she says firmly. "I don't know what you are, but no creature like you is from Cameron's Earth."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4652 on: June 24, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »
"Grin and bones. Nice. I eat more than it looks like. I have to stay away from the alcohol, though. It's bad for your liver. Eye accept your compliment. It's one of the ways skeleton Monsters emote. You use soul powers, huh? Where I come from, yellow is associated with justice."

He turned tot he other Human.

"I am from Earth. My people were imprisoned under Mount Ebott for centuries, until we recently achieved freedom. I'm one of the first Monsters born on the Surface. I'm from Ireland, though I don't have an Irish accent.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4653 on: June 24, 2016, 02:51:54 PM »
"Well, Cameron hasn't ever been to Ireland," Dalik concedes with a small incline of her head. She can't seem to stop staring at him. "Perhaps Earth has more surprises than I knew."

She turns to face Verdana, watching curiously. "Where does the food go?" she asks after a moment, eyes on the clearly visible vertebrae.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4654 on: June 24, 2016, 02:58:56 PM »
Verdana leaned back a little, and put his hand where a stomach would be. It made a patting sound.

"Converted into magic. Monsters are mostly made of magic, with a bit of physicality to anchor it and let us interact with the world. Just because you can see my skeletal structure, and I can't see yours, doesn't mean we're not both alive. And a growing boy needs food. Now, Monster food is mostly magic. so Human food fills me up for a while. One big plate of Human food is enough to keep me for a day."

He ate more of his spaghetti, and 'drank' more of his ketchup.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:01:27 PM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4655 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:40 PM »
"Yes, but what the heck does "It's bad for my liver" means when you haven't got any organs?" said Jeffrey. "And kiddo..." Jeffrey grins oddly. "...oh boy have you got that one wrong. Less justice and more The Injustice Gang, but god I don't even want to call back to that. Basically, a lotta powers make your eyes glow funny and a lot of Espers get yellow. Let me try again."

Jeffrey closes his eyes and says, "Testing. Testing. One two three. This is a test of whether I can actually do anything." For a couple of seconds, his voice seems almost intrinsically calming and warm, and there is a slight ringing around him. But Jeffrey holds his head and winces, his open eyes a clear glowing yellow which dies back down to brown. "...rrghh. Nope. I think the bullet broke something. Still in there, but I don't...wanna push it."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:05:23 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4656 on: June 24, 2016, 03:12:02 PM »
"Uh, the liver thing was a joke. Please don't ask me to explain it." It always ruins the joke when you have to explain it.

"Sorry about the wound, buddy. especially if it's effecting your magic. I'm afraid I'm no healer, or doctor. Perhaps the closest thing would be a scientist? But mostly I'm just a child, hence the striped shirt. Both my dad and Uncle are pretty big into physics, and other intellectual things."

Ani-Master 2014!

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4657 on: June 24, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »
A few moments after leaving, Merc comes back from the restroom, his face and hair slick with water. Clearly, it must have had no effect on his pyrokinetic powers. "Alright," he mutters, sitting down again. "Where were we? Oh yeah, Vegas. Yeah, definitely the capital of drugs, gambling and degeneracy in general. No clue about all that other stuff you mentioned."

"White Russian, please?" He asks the bartender. He turns back to Jeffrey and Dalik, making an effort to avoid staring at the Skeleton. "Anyway, what'd I miss?"

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4658 on: June 24, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
"Other than the talking skeleton and my attempt to control my broken powers? Pretty much nothing," says Jeffrey. "As for Vegas, well, if you don't know what Nusoma is than I guess Vegas didn't have it when you were. What year are you from, anyway? We don't date the same way as the Ancients, but I should still recognize your year. I love ancient pre-Dome entertainment; It's a hobby."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4659 on: June 24, 2016, 03:30:22 PM »
"Good ol' 2016," Merc says, sarcasm heavy in his voice. "From what you're saying, I got no right to complain. Sounds like things only get worse. What's all this 'dome' business, anyway?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4660 on: June 24, 2016, 04:13:18 PM »
"I wonder if some of us are from alternate universes or timelines. Dad talked about that sometimes. Most people aren't really aware of it, but he had ways of finding these things out."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:25:53 PM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4661 on: June 24, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »
Dalik nods, looking perturbed at the fact that she's agreeing with a talking skeleton. "Alternate timelines. My brother called this place a space-time-anomaly. That's probably why it appeared to be dead space on my sensors. I could've sworn I was flying in the middle of nowhere, then suddenly this place appeared."

As she speaks, her holoscreen lights up. Glancing at it, her lips twist into a scowl. "And he's going to be late. Of course. Well, I may as well get some work done." Swiping away the transmission, she replaces the comm link with a small, black cube. Within thirty seconds she has produced a ring of holoscreens, encircling her head entirely. Just as quickly, she seems to have forgotten her odd companions, her attention entirely on the screens.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4662 on: June 24, 2016, 08:05:48 PM »
"Damn. I'm gonna take a guess that you're a little ahead of my time with that stuff," Merc comments. He pauses to take a sip of his ****tail. Oddly, despite already having consumed multiple drinks, the alcohol seems to have no ill consequences on his motor skills.

"Sorry to leave like that, by the way," he says to the skeleton creature. "It's just . . . well, I'll be completely honest, I've never really seen anyone like you before." He extends his hand out. "Name's Merc."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4663 on: June 24, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »
Verdana was interested in this new information. Maybe that's why the machine brought him here. a place where you could access all timelines and universes at once? If there was any place to start looking for the one who was lost, this would be the place.

"Dad would have a field day with this. Basing his research in a bar would be the icing on the cake. Alphys would probably get a kick out of it too..."

He shook the Human's hand.

"Good to meet you, pal. Name's Verdana."

He took out a notepad and pen, and started writing in a strange font.

"I have got to make some notes. I think I may have stumbled on the find of the century, and if I'm lucky I may not get grounded for it."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:12:59 PM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4664 on: June 25, 2016, 11:10:54 AM »
"Something tells me you won't be able to do much about it," Dalik murmurs from beneath her sea of holoscreens. "This place is a mess on every single readout." Her fingers touch on icons, which light up in response. "No actual physical location, no magnetic resonance, nothing. Even while I'm sitting here it's as if the place doesn't exist."

She sits back, staring at the screens, a slow grin spreading across her young features. "This place is amazing!"