Author Topic: Animorphs: The Replacement  (Read 1293 times)

Offline musicman88

Animorphs: The Replacement
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
Hello everybody, it's time for a new story taken directly from my head!  Don't worry, there are no "adult" themes in this one (there will be a fairly graphic battle scene coming up later on though).  For this particular story we need to travel into an alternate universe.  One where Tobias finds out about Rachel's secret mission during the final battle before she ever has a chance to leave the Hork-Bajir valley.  How will it change things?  Well, read to find out!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5093081/1/
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline musicman88

Re: Animorphs: The Replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »
Chapter #2 is up!  It's a little bit of a set-up chapter before the solid biological waste comes into contact with the rapidly revolving air circulating device in the next chapter.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline musicman88

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
Alright, next chapter is up.  Sorry it took so long, but I was on vacation for a bit.  Finally we get to the big battle scene!  Will Tobias survive or will he end up like Rachel did?  Will Rachel's presence on the Pool Ship lead to a different outcome all together?  You'll only find out if you read it, so get to it!
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline musicman88

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
Alright, the final chapter is up putting an end to this story.  It does get a little bit angsty and graphic but it's not that bad.  It's kind of funny how it turned out though.

*slight spoilers ahead for the final chapter and the end of the book series*

When I started this story I meant for it to be a look into Rachel and Tobias' relationship.  After Rachel died Tobias presumably lived a life of solitude for the rest of his days (if Jake hadn't interfered that is).  I wanted to focus on the fact that Rachel might not be as faithful and start a relationship with Marco a few months afterwards since she didn't need Tobias as much as he needed her.  But the way everything came out you really start to feel for Rachel and almost start to pull for her to get her life back on track no matter what it takes.  When Marco finally does "ask her out" it's more of a 'getting her life back together' thing then an 'I didn't need Tobias all that badly' kind of thing.  I guess that's just the nature of the beast that is fanfiction and writing in general.  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and I hope that I'll see you around when my next story gets written.  My next project is planned to become an entire series and I'm not really sure if I'll ever get around to finishing it it'll be that long.  The basic idea is that around 30-40 years after the events of the last book a new group of kids gets informed that there's still one active Yeerk pool out there. And the Yeerks are just beginning to launch their plan resurrect their species to it's former glory.  It might not be 100% original but it should be a good one.  Stay tuned!
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Lucky_number_sleven

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:26:41 PM »
Well Musicman88, it's different, I'll give it that. In saying that, it has the feeling that it could have happened, and makes a nice change to all those other stories that go along the same lines.

I honestly would have thought that Tobias, with all his time spent as a bird of prey, and as an Animorph, but, after all, you are the author so you have total control.

As for the whole Rachel+Marco thing at the end, personally I'm not a big fan of it, but it would be quite foreseeable, as opposed to those stories that just have Rachel committing suicide, or something equally as stupid.

Anyway, I think that this just another great story from you, and I'm still looking forward to some more of your more. . . adult stories. :P
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sounds they make as they go flying by."

"There are very few problems that cannot be fixed with a suitable application of explosives."

"Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. Death hates that."

Offline musicman88

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:25:35 AM »
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you liked it.

I honestly would have thought that Tobias, with all his time spent as a bird of prey, and as an Animorph, but, after all, you are the author so you have total control.

Huh?

Anyway, I think that this just another great story from you, and I'm still looking forward to some more of your more. . . adult stories.

We'll see how the ...adult stories go.  I don't really have any decent ideas for one right now.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Lucky_number_sleven

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:58:43 AM »

Huh?

. . .Yeah, sorry about that, I have this habit of rambling and not making sense, example one: above.

As for the . . .adult stories, I believe someone of FF.Net asked about the scene from Ax the Prostitute, between Rachel and Cassie. . .
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sounds they make as they go flying by."

"There are very few problems that cannot be fixed with a suitable application of explosives."

"Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. Death hates that."