Author Topic: Leaving Rachel Alone With a Controller?!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Leaving Rachel Alone With a Controller?!
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »

Ok, the poparena has already pointed this out, but since he hasn't posted it here, I figured I should.

How about in #6. The Capture when they left Rachel alone to pretend to sleep in front of Controller Jake? Sure, some might argue that this was a Rachel idea, but they all agreed on it for it to have to go forward. Seriously, if the Yeerk had been cautious enough, he would have killed her! What's four more morph-capable bodies compared to five, anyway? They were relying too much on the Yeerk's desire to have more morphing hosts than anything, which could have backfired horribly in their faces and left them less equipped to deal with a renegade Yeerk on the loose.

Discuss.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Leaving Rachel Alone With a Controller?!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 01:12:49 AM »
That's kind of the point of the scene...suspense.  Besides, she wasn't really sleeping, and in the time it took for Jake's Yeerk to start morphing, she'd be able to start morphing too.  She was probably watching him through almost closed eyes, so they'd be at a standoff.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:44 AM »
You know what, forget battle morphs.  Heck, the Yeerk itself could have slipped out of Jake and into Rachel!  Think about that for a second.  Of course, it would have to incapacitate Jake first.  Simple enough: maybe it could make Jake choke on a rock or something, slip into Rachel's ear, and by the time the others realized what was going on (either when Jake finally manages to cough up the rock and recover, or when the other Animorphs discover his dead body), Rachel the controller would be long gone.

Yeah, I never realized until just now how stupid that was on Rachel's part.  Thank goodness the Yeerk was even stupider.  :P

Of course, on the other hand, it isn't exactly like any one of the Animorphs hasn't taken worse and more pointless risks (Rachel in particular) . . .

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:21:49 AM »
     Rachel Controller would have been awesome! Not counting the glimpse we get of her in the Stranger.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:54:40 AM »
Even if Rachel was acting like she was asleep and that and when Jake walked toward her,she would most likely push him back and away from her.And Rachel as a controller...she would make the yeerk be a prisioner in her head then the other way around.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »
I don't think she was morphing as Jake was, so even if she wasn't asleep I don't think she could have stopped him from killing her. They were lucky Temrash didn't just kill her off. I may be forgetting something, though. Maybe another one of them was in morph ready to jump in if Temrash attacked.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
At least one of the Animorphs would have been keeping an eye on them, but probably in a discreet morph, like an owl or something. In which case, Controller Jake morphing a Tiger could easily have killed Rachel before the others stopped him. Unless Ax or one of the others in battle morph were nearby (and they quickly morphed something else before Jake came outside).
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Even if Rachel was acting like she was asleep and that and when Jake walked toward her,she would most likely push him back and away from her.

If her eyes were closed she may not have seen him until it was too late.  Plus, if the Yeerk follows my plan and makes Jake choke on a rock, then Rachel might be distracted by the fact that he couldn't breathe, and she might have assumed that he was panicking and trying to get her attention and trying to lean against her for support to hold himself up, rather than trying to press his ear against hers.

For that matter, even if the other Animorphs saw what was happening, they would probably all assume the same thing.  Ax would be the only one who might put it all together and realize that Rachel might be a controller, and even then that's only if he would have seen Jake put his ear against Rachel's.  And given that he was far enough away not to be seen at the time, that's unlikely.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
I doubt Temrash was clever enough to try that. Heck he wasn't even clever enough to morph something like a fly or ant, and threaten to make Jake a nothlit if they didn't send him back to the pool.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 04:08:10 PM »
     Jake wouldn't have done it.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »

It's still pretty stupid tactics, even if they were standing by in wolf morph or whatever, as they're letting loose a potentially dangerous enemy just to make the point "we have all the power" when all they need to is restrain him! It's pointless, idiotic, and asinine. My theory is Rachel came up with the idea, was going to do it anyway, and the others finally caved in and agreed with her.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
If they really wanted to be smart with it, they would have rushed in with something as soon as they saw the black and orange fur. If they wanted their concrete proof, there was absolutely no reason Jake would start morphing tiger if he wasn't planning to escape. Why they let him morph completely is a big question.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 12:53:55 AM »
     Rachel Controller would have been awesome! Not counting the glimpse we get of her in the Stranger.

She would have morphed an elephant.  The other Animorphs would not have been able to oppose her!  I have thought that it was too bad that the Yeerk didn't get Rachel!