Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142301 times)

Offline crystalclear

no, I mean what happened to him in the end ;) When I read #49 I was confused as to why they didn't rescue Rachel's dad, but I thought maybe he was in another state/country but he never showed up until the end, not even at Rachel's funeral, which is kind of weird.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
I assumed he did show up at the funeral and they simply didn't mention it because there were bigger issues.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline crystalclear

Re: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!
« Reply #572 on: August 01, 2010, 07:27:27 AM »
I'm currently reading Andalite Chronicles, and one thing doesn't feel right. How did Elfangor, Arbron, and Alloran manage to keep control when they morphed Taxxon for the first time? Tobias and Ax lost it when they morphed one, and they made it seem so difficult to control a Taxxon mind. Why was it so easy for Elfangor?

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #573 on: August 01, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Well, it certainly wasn't easy, and Arbron didn't entirely keep control of the morph. He later claimed that in the frenzy he gave into the Taxxon instinct and ate the dead Taxxon. Elfangor had a time of it too, although he gained control at the last second.

I think a lot of it has to do with mental discipline. Alloran is a trained warrior. Arbron and Elfangor are warriors in training, and Elfangor at least is a lot more serious about training than Ax ever was. That leads me to believe that they have a stronger ability to quell the natural instinct of the morph than Tobias and Ax.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #574 on: August 01, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »
Another thing that crossed my mind (wow I ask a lot :-[)

About Mertil, if I remember correctly we never actually know why he can't morph. I think it was Ax who guessed that he was maybe allergic or something, but is it ever confirmed?

Offline Kotetsu1442

« Reply #575 on: August 01, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
...How did Elfangor, Arbron, and Alloran manage to keep control when they morphed Taxxon for the first time? Tobias and Ax lost it when they morphed one, and they made it seem so difficult to control a Taxxon mind. Why was it so easy for Elfangor?

Well, it certainly wasn't easy, and Arbron didn't entirely keep control of the morph... Elfangor had a time of it too, although he gained control at the last second.

I think a lot of it has to do with mental discipline. Alloran is a trained warrior. Arbron and Elfangor are warriors in training, and Elfangor at least is a lot more serious about training than Ax ever was. That leads me to believe that they have a stronger ability to quell the natural instinct of the morph than Tobias and Ax.
I don't know, I think that it is still somewhat of a plot-hole/discontinuity that it at least seemed more difficult for Tobias and Ax than the earlier trio. The others may have had a good amount of mental discipline as a result of their training, but Arbron and Elfangor can't have been much (if at all) farther along in their training than Ax: It was regarded as fairly unconventional for their Captain Prince to have sent two arisths so young even on what was expected to be a routine, simple mission. And Ax may have been one to daydream during classroom lessons, but he is almost comically devoted to the warrior ideal and took his training and discipline as a warrior at least as seriously as Elfangor in an effort to live up to him. And even with relatively good general mental discipline, the Anis are vastly beyond Andalite warriors in morphing experience and practice controlling a morphed-mind (The only Andalites who might approach the Anis in morphing experience would be estreen who make a career of morph performances).

I suppose there are some outside possibilities like that Earth-meat happens to smell much more powerfully attractive to the Taxxon senses and brain than other Taxxons and the other stuff that happened to be around on the Taxxon home-world; though those aren't the kind of 'single possible answer' that this thread is looking for, so I think that question is still kinda open as far as canon confirmation is concerned.

Another thing that crossed my mind (wow I ask a lot :-[)

About Mertil, if I remember correctly we never actually know why he can't morph. I think it was Ax who guessed that he was maybe allergic or something, but is it ever confirmed?
I don't think it is ever confirmed in the sense that someone who actually knows stated that it was the case; but I still think that it is a safe assumption that that is the simple, single answer since it is the only thing that immediately occurs to Ax as a reasonable explanation. Still, even the term 'allergy' may not actually mean a literal immune hypersensitivity disorder, Ax isn't a scientist and the word may be used colloquially by average Andalites to describe an inability to gain the ability to morph that may be some other reason than what is actually an allergic reaction.
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline t0bias

• vote for toby '09
« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:29 AM »
i've got a question for anyone brae enogh to answere it.

well we all know you can't aquire someone in morph and we also know that a notlit is someone trapped in a morph. so my question is....

can you aquire a nothlit? since it's form is both it's true and morphed form
never give up, never surrender,

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:13 AM »
Loren acquires Tobias in #49, and some of the Auxs do in #50, so yes.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #578 on: August 20, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »
tobias might be a special case due to elimmist meddling though. my guess is probably not.

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #579 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
Okay I believe I've missed this somehow and I believe this is one of the stupidest question but here we go. Why did Visser One chose Marco's mom as her host body? :-X

Offline anijen21

« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
that's not a stupid question at all. I've wondered that myself. I think the only detail we get is that she "found this body" or something in Visser, but it is implied that Eva wasn't in the Sharing at the very least
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #581 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »
Yeah :huh: Visser three has a powerful andalite body and all visser one got was a petite female human? What did she has that interested visser one?

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #582 on: August 24, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »
Pretty sure it's also implied she targeted her next host to be a mother, too. Maybe she ended up getting Eva and kept her for the *~*motherly connection*~*.

Personally, I think she liked that Eva was pragmatic, since it's implied in the series that Marco got his ruthlessness from his mother, and that she enjoyed being in the mind of a logical, calculating human, but this is mostly my personal fanon.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #583 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:43 AM »
It is never stated why exactly she chose Eva (or how for that matter) but we know from Visser that she respected human ingenuity. Also she did form an emotional attachment to her human children, so maybe she (at least subconsciously) wanted a host with a family.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Fly-like-an-eagle

« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »
Just how important is it to read the Megamorphs? I borrowed a copy from the library on megamorphs no.2 (the time of the dinosaurs). Sadly, it is split in two parts. I got part 1. When I picked it up, I was surprised to see how thick it was with only about 99 pages.