Author Topic: No Worries if you don't see much of me sometimes.  (Read 7813 times)

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
Re: No Worries if you don't see much of me sometimes.
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »

Hahaha! Let's see... I speak in varying degrees of fluency: Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Spanish (the South/Central American variety, using the Vosotros forms), Welsh, English, Elvish (Sindarin+Quenya), Latin, Irish Gaelic, Scottish, German.

English, Elvish, and Spanish I can translate in my head from spoken words, in general. Portuguese and Italian I can puzzle out slowly from the Spanish I know, but I prefer to read it than hear it. Latin en't spoken much, just read.

I can speak (if it can be called that) Spanish, Chinese, Italian, and German.   I can read Portuguese and (a small bit) of Latin (mostly from piecing together things from my English vocabulary).  I feel slow  :-\

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
Nah, you're not slow at all. I just make very strange and obsessive uses of my rare free time, and this is one such use.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »
Nah, you're not slow at all. I just make very strange and obsessive uses of my rare free time, and this is one such use.
Eh.  I still feel linguistically inadequate.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »
Again with the no worries; I'm to be away with family until about Monday-ish. Probably. See you about, loves! *verbal hugs to you all*

Bye for now!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time