Author Topic: Good Evenin' All  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: Good Evenin' All
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 07:34:12 PM »
Personally i love the fall of the house of usher
  This.

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »
Honestly, as cliché as it may seem, I adore The Raven. But, aside from that, my absolute favourite has to be The City By The Sea, ever read it? Amazing poem.

And I believe he killed himself. Honestly, no one that was that tormented his entire life could rightfully have died any other way. Suicide was/is a fitting end for a man like Edgar.

And, to admit something rather embarrassing, I've never actually read The Fall Of The House Of Usher. >_<

I haven't read a great deal of his works, never really had the time. I've been reading quite a bit of them recently, though.
I'll read Premature Burial and The Fall Of The House Of Usher next. :)

I've been a fan of his ever since I was 7 and my Mother read my and my Brother The Raven on Halloween, I knew then that I loved his work. :)

What's your favourite line from one of his works?
Mine has always been "Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before".

Btw, have you gotten a chat name yet? :)

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

esplin

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 12:29:13 AM »
I was agreeing?

esplin

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 08:52:56 AM »
lol Idk! You just said 'this.'

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
Greetings. I draw things, I sleep at inappropriate times, I read things, and insult cats. I wear a hat, pay no attention to anything resembling an intelligent plot, obsess over werewolves, drink tea, and refuse to get a haircut. My heroes are Anton LaVey, Stan Winston, and Edgar Allan Poe. That's all there is to know about me.

If ever you behold a short, skinny, dazed-looking goth with brown and black hair down to her arse with all manner of shiney things on her and through her complete with a perpetual in-built scowl who seems to have wandered to her current location purely by accident, you're probably looking at me.

Probably.

I'm new here and suitably scared and confused. I will spare you the predictably generic 'I LOVE ANIMORPHS' and will instead greet you with a 'I REALLY REALLY LOVE ANIMORPHS' instead. If you mention the TV series to me I will cry, and at University I was known as the girl who would stand there in corridors drawing these weird blue centaurs all over her notes. I got a few of them hidden in here. http://theraevyn13.deviantart.com/

How're you?

That intro is one of my top faves now..

Welcome to RAF, Raevyn :) I'm Ash, feel free to hit me up whenever.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
Greetings. I draw things, I sleep at inappropriate times, I read things, and insult cats. I wear a hat, pay no attention to anything resembling an intelligent plot, obsess over werewolves, drink tea, and refuse to get a haircut. My heroes are Anton LaVey, Stan Winston, and Edgar Allan Poe. That's all there is to know about me.

If ever you behold a short, skinny, dazed-looking goth with brown and black hair down to her arse with all manner of shiney things on her and through her complete with a perpetual in-built scowl who seems to have wandered to her current location purely by accident, you're probably looking at me.

Probably.

I'm new here and suitably scared and confused. I will spare you the predictably generic 'I LOVE ANIMORPHS' and will instead greet you with a 'I REALLY REALLY LOVE ANIMORPHS' instead. If you mention the TV series to me I will cry, and at University I was known as the girl who would stand there in corridors drawing these weird blue centaurs all over her notes. I got a few of them hidden in here. http://theraevyn13.deviantart.com/

How're you?

Hi Raevyn, welcome to RAF! Apologies for the late response to your intro, but you sound cool and it's a pleasant surprise to see a fellow Brit on here. Being a night person really pays off on here if you live in England because that's usually when our fellow RAFians are online!

Your drawings are awesome by the way.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Thea

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »
Personally i love the fall of the house of usher, but id say the black cat is my favorite.  Im a huge fan of poe too!
I was going to mention that story, I love that one too. Freaky cat. Brr
Honestly, as cliché as it may seem, I adore The Raven. But, aside from that, my absolute favourite has to be The City By The Sea, ever read it? Amazing poem.

And I believe he killed himself. Honestly, no one that was that tormented his entire life could rightfully have died any other way. Suicide was/is a fitting end for a man like Edgar.

And, to admit something rather embarrassing, I've never actually read The Fall Of The House Of Usher. >_<

I haven't read a great deal of his works, never really had the time. I've been reading quite a bit of them recently, though.
I'll read Premature Burial and The Fall Of The House Of Usher next. :)

I've been a fan of his ever since I was 7 and my Mother read my and my Brother The Raven on Halloween, I knew then that I loved his work. :)

What's your favourite line from one of his works?
Mine has always been "Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before".

Btw, have you gotten a chat name yet? :)

But the silence was unbroken and the darkness gave no token and the only word there spoken was the whispered word 'Lenore'.

There's noeting wrong with liking The Raven, it's my favourite too! I won't go into why or I'll be here for four hours.. Also, chat, name, sorry?

Probably.

How're you?

Hi Raevyn, welcome to RAF! Apologies for the late response to your intro, but you sound cool and it's a pleasant surprise to see a fellow Brit on here. Being a night person really pays off on here if you live in England because that's usually when our fellow RAFians are online!

Your drawings are awesome by the way.

Hallo, fellow Brit,  jolly good and wot wot and tip top and all that! *bows*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:49:35 PM by The Raevyn »

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 01:58:36 PM »
Okay, I must be having early on-set senility. I could've sworn I posted here.

anyhow, I officially welcome you to RAF! (Even though I swear I've done so before  >:( )

I, again, am Spartan-281

Nice to, once more, make your acquantance.

As I've stated in chat and/or What's your spieces, I love Poe's work, though I've only read 2-3 of his poems.

I don't think I could be called a fanboy for anything. I love certain games, but not to the extent of knowing EVERY thing about it.

I believe the only subject I could POSSIBLY be called a fanboy for, is HALO. I love me some HALO. I've read the book series (save the last two releases), I own every HALO game released, I even own a few *cough-several-cough* HALO merch; and display it openly in my room.

I also love two other VG series, but can't be labeled a fanboy about:

One is Final Fantasy, my all time fave is FFVII. I wish upon wish that they remake VII for the PS3, I'd buy a PS3 for that game alone. I liked VIII, but it seemed lacking compared to VII (Drawing Magic pissed me off). FFX really kicked ass, especially with the audio track! FFX-2 was decent, very girly, but after I got passed that, it was a cool game. FFXI was a rip off if you played it on Xbox 360, and FFXII was disappointing to say the least. I'm really excited to play FFXIII! I like the Barrett-esque character.

The other VG series is Metal Gear Solid. Hideo Kojima is a god! I played that game so many times that I began dreaming in the game's format!
Hideo's direction and stories are amazing. And Solid Snake is just the coolest hero since Batman!

anyway, there ends my rant.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Thea

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »
Hello! Be proud to be a Halo fanboy - I got a couple of massive computer game figures in my room, including my Kimmy (Kimahri) which i shipped from Canada. I've never played Halo but I likes the look of it, shooting stuff over and over can seldom go wrong.

I was a little disappointed by FXII, I enjoyed the gameplay a lot but wasn't amused with the politics and oh my god the ending they killed the only two characters that I liked! Noo!

I seen lots of screenshots for a potential VII remake, I fear that they'll only remain potential though, sadly.

There's an FFXIII?

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »
I would be proud of being a fanboy. I just don't believe I qualify.

I take by your earlier mention of liking "Computer games", that you aren't a big fan of console game. :(

Halo is an amazing story, and the gameplay is immensly awesome. The characters are so cool.

There's going to be a FFXIII!!! There should be some clips of teaser trailers on You Tube. All of the previews I saw are on Xbox LIVE.

Offline Thea

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
Actually I've no idea what the difference is between console game and computer game!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2009, 03:03:57 PM »
:huh:

Are you being serious? If you've played FFVII, you should know the difference.

HALO: Combat Evolved is also a computer game. You should check it out.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »
FFXIII AND FFXIII Versus ;) Can't wait >_<
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »
Have you played the FFVII variant games yet? Like Derge of Cerberus?