Author Topic: What do you think of the Andalites?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
Re: What do you think of the Andalites?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 01:46:32 AM »
If that felt like I was writing it as I thought about it, that's because I was :P

No worries, that's the best kind.   ^-^

If you look at it like that, it might actually be to the advantage of the Arn to allow the Hork-Bajir some level of competitive and genetic autonomy- the Arn haven't just created the Hork-Bajir, they've created an entire ecosystem built entirely around keeping them doing what they're doing.

That's the rub though.  They don't want change.  Eliminating as many drivers of change as they could would be in their best interest. 

Definitely a possibility, but doesn't it still feel like a bit of a stretch to just assume that all aliens are so 'human' in their thinking and development?

Yeah it does, but it still fits.  Maybe it's that they aren't so human, as all sapient species are fairly similar in thinking.

Offline Tilas

• Positively Crackers!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »
I think the andalites are full of honor and pride which leads to extreme arrogance. They like to think they're the top of the line until they get slapped down a few pegs. That said, still my favorite species in the books. Love their designs.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM »
Sometimes I could find them a bit arogant, but what about everyone else? :)

IMHO, the Andalites should use morphing more in battle.  They should use small morphs to hide from the Yeerks, big morphs to mash them flat, and routinely use morphing to repair injuries, such as having one's tail cut off! (The T.O. on the Ascalin in "The Decision").

Offline AndaliteBlues

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
I always liked the Andalites, despite their "glass first, ask questions later"attitude. It's a shame we only really see the military side of their culture and very little of the civilian Andalites. They also have one of the best designs out of any alien species I know.
Still prefer the Hork-Bajir though.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »
I think I read somewhere that every century or so, the Hork-Bajir do engage in war for whatever reason, but I'm not sure of the source.
That is from TAC