Author Topic: Animorphs: (Title pending)  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
Animorphs: (Title pending)
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »
I was working on this story for a while and had no-where to put it, I decided why not put it here. I still haven't thought about a title yet, and I can't ask for suggestions yet since The plot isn't reveled in the first chapter. This takes place after book 36.

Chapter 1

It is easy to stay invisible, to not be noticed, to be ignored. And it is even easier in large groups, and example? School...

My name is  Alex, you know as in short for Alexander? I'm a bit on the tall side, I have the build most teenagers do. You know the I'm-growing-to-fast-for-the-rest-of-my-body-to-catch-up look. Meaning I'm really skinny. I have golden-brown hair, like a mixture of blond and brown hair. A strange combination with my hair color would be my green eyes. Think about it have you ever seen a male with relatively brown hair with green eyes? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, since I have those features, but it is really rare. People, or the ones that know me such as relatives, say I have a two sides to me. One is the person who doesn't want to talk to anyone, always gloomy and secluded, and the other half is happy, cheerful, friendly, caring, and somewhat humorous. They don't include that I have a low self esteem.

Anyway I'll stop rambling on about me and start with the story...

It was like any other day at school, boring. I missed the bus home and had to walk, my parents wouldn't be home for another two hours. I didn't want to go home then for some reason, I didn't want to be there when my parents got home, they were acting different, more distant, not a huge different, it was very subtle. However I knew they changed somehow. Anyway I went the opposite direction I was supposed to go to get home. Towards the edge of town, the forest.

I always went there when I wanted to be alone, it was quiet and peaceful. It was the perfect place to draw. This time I had walked father into the forest than I ever had. Why? Maybe I was just bored. After a few minutes I found a nice, comfortable looking spot to sit in, a tree with a large, wide crease that was the perfect size for me. As expected I sat down in the crease of the tree and took a large sketch pad form my backpack and a 2H artist pencil.

A few hours past, I didn't know exactly how long, but I noticed that it was getting dark. I just had to finish up the last few details. My pencil tip broke as I heard what sounded like five or six birds landing in the small clearing behind me. They were very loud.

Wait, birds? And it sounded like quiet a few, I didn't know they got together in large groups...

Out of curiosity I peeked out from behind the tree. I let out a yell of surprise and terror. What I saw was five growing, changing, really gross to watch birds of prey standing in the field. What emerged from these shapes were four teenagers and one really freaking scorpion/deer/human thing, with two stalk eyes and no mouth. And they noticed me...
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Animorphs: (Title pending)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:17:24 AM »
Interesting start and well written, I'd like to see how this turns out.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Satan is dad, hell is my home.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
i like it
My Theme song is The Number Of The Beast-Iron Maiden
Save a fire, Burn a tree
I put the laughter in manslaughter
“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill
"Vidi, Vici, Veni." - Julius Caesar
"Hope is the first step to disappointment" - Librarian, Blood Ravens

Offline Faerie Larka

• The Patron RAFian of Sarcasm
  • God
  • "They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm."
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »
ooh who could the changing birds be??
RAFdating the Ellimist!  :D
Jess is my RAFWanderTwin!!

"Look like the innocent flower/ But be the serpent under't"
-Lady Macbeth

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 05:20:11 AM »
ooh who could the changing birds be??

three guesses on that one!!

anyways, i loves it! can't wait for more!

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'