Author Topic: Visser Three loving Cinnamon buns. Bunz... Zuh...  (Read 6139 times)

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
Re: Visser Three loving Cinnamon buns. Bunz... Zuh...
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
they can? then why dont taxxon controllers do that?
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
I'm surprised like one person has brought up what was obvious to me-the Visser is just too serious to let something like that get to him. Like Estelore said; you can igonore basic urges and reactions if you have enough mental and behavioral self control and single-mindedness as the visser. Ax is a teenager who can allow himself to be silly as a human-the whole duty/fight thing, I think, is sorta put on the backburner when he's in human morph, 'cause he never fights as a human anyway.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 09:34:39 PM »
That's actually a point I'd not considered (with Aximili).
He probably doesn't consider the human form to be even remotely useful for self-defense, especially because he can't even WALK in it, really.
He likely views the human body to be a morph for amusement and concealment, and nothing more.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:35 PM »
he did have to spend time eating and acting normal doing it tho, a few times, especially in 23 where the whole mission depended on him acting perfectly like tobias' cousin

its def got to do with the yeerks ability to control the host body

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »
they can? then why dont taxxon controllers do that?

Taxxons don't go crazy about taste. They go crazy about the hunger part.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »
Since Visser Three had a human morph, in at least book 6, then why didn't he tend to repeat sounds and like food, just like Ax did? Since it isn't a host, he should be victim to a human's instinct for food, at least. The sounds were understandable since Hork-Bajir also make mouth sounds just like humans. But the food! Its a morph... he should go to the instincts too, right?

Also, if Visser Three tended to go crazy on food in human morph, should Tom be really suspicious when Ax in Jake morph tried to eat every edible (and inedible) thing in the house since Visser Three did it too?

It's not really an instinct.  How many humans do you know that have such a craze for food?  I mean sure, I like my food, but I'm not as mad as Ax about it.  The impression I get from the series is that Ax's reaction was due to him not being used to having the sense of taste.  I'd also imagine, although this is just a theory of mine, that a Yeerk would be better at controlling morph instincts than humans and Andalites can, especially if it's the first morph for both of them, as a Yeerk is used to being in and controlling the body and instincts of other species.

At Overeater's Anonymous, I have encountered people who have gone "binge eating" and gained weight.  They have therefore joined OA to help overcome their binge eating habits.