Author Topic: The first Animorphs book you read?  (Read 11251 times)

Offline TheCicada

Re: The first Animorphs book you read?
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:37 AM »
Having been a year old when the series was first released, I wasn't going to be able to read it, much less appreciate it, until after it was already over. So I wasn't easily going to start at the beginning.
My non-English-speaking grandfather bought #19 The Departure for me as a present when I was about six. I'd never seen the series before. I assumed it would be about a fairy or something...?
Anyway, I tried reading it and had no clue why a bunch of people were fighting and why one was melting out of an elephant, let alone the alien invasion stuff since that particular book doesn't have the typical "the Yeerks are here" opening. I gave up after about a chapter.
A few years later, I was bored and decided I wanted to read something and picked it up.

eight year old mind=blown
...and I was never the same.  :-]
<From the rising of the sun to the setting, and its rising again - we place what is hard to endure with what is sweet to remember and find peace.>

Offline Tobichel

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »
The first i read was book #1. My sister borrowed both book #1 and #17 from a friend of hers and i didn't want her to return them but she managed to return book #1.

Offline Kal

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »
Book 11. I saw it at the store and picked it up. I didn't understand it at all and it's one of my least favorite books lol.

But then I started reading the series in proper order and loved it.

Offline Magdaleen

• wow, i sure haven't been here in a while. hello
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2012, 08:57:02 AM »
The Norwegian version of book 1.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »
Officially, Visser, in the main series, the rabbit one. Because I like rabbits

I seriously had a weird thing for rabbits. I thought one would make a good pet.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
Book 1, right after Rats of NIMH, at eight years old. It's weird, but I think I'm in the minority who dislikes that movie. Don Bluth's other films were far its superior. I saw the book t by coincidence---I didn't expect to be obsessed. :3

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
I read book 1 first. It was the first book I even saw. After reading that one, I was stoked to find out there were more.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »
#1 The Invasion (in Italian, of course). I was 11 years old, and I was a Goosebumps fan. These new books were widely publicized in association with Goosebumps, especially in my favourite bookshop.
My older cousin convinced me to read them (I was skeptical at the beginning), but then he left with #6. I bought the first 5 books, but soon after I gave up, too (maybe I read the first four, but I was not particularly impressed).
Some months later, I found these strange books on my bookshelf, and I re-started to read them in order....and from that moment I fell in love...and I was the only Italian reader I've ever known  ::)

Offline MissySelenity

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »
The Invasion.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
The Andalite Chronicles.

Offline Yesterday

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »
#6.

I first heard about the series from my hairdresser (don't ask), and my mom offered to buy me one from the rack in a supermarket shortly thereafter. I take a look at the covers, see #6 saying "nowhe's one of them and immediately thought "Cool! They get a new teammate in this one!" (somehow completely missing the intended tone of the italics). Wound up loving it (helped that it was a good one, I'd probably have just given up on it if I started at #37 or something), and eventually filled everything else in afterward.

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2012, 02:55:54 AM »
Number 6 when i read it i thought Tobias was an Andalite because he used thought-speak and he had a strange name
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline Overtired

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
I started with the first book and was hooked. I remember finishing it and thinking that I've got no choice, I've got to read all of these books, no matter how many they make, I've just gottta read them all. So from then till the series end, I was at the bookstore every month looking for the new release.

Sadly I don't remember exactly how I got my copy of #1 The Invasion, there are two possibilities but they are sorta the same. I was in 6th grade at the time and piratically every month my school would give us little four page book order forms and #1 The Invasion might have caught my eye or I might have gotten in as part of one their bargain book bundles.

I'm happy to hear that some people actually did pick up the series in the middle. I mean I knew there had to be people who did but I never really heard form them before. It's nice to see that the opening chapter info-dumps weren't completely redundant even if they weren't as helpful as they might have been.

Offline StellaCross

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
Hi, the first Animorphs book I read I CANT REMEMBER:
1. Jake sees an old lady get a Yeerk in her head
2. I think it is some sort of alternate reality, maybe the Back to Before book, but I havent been able to find and confirm
3. Tobias, Jake or someone morphs into a giraffe OR/AND a German Shephard

HELP PLEASE

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »
I think that's alternamorphs #1
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^