Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
Why, helloooooooooo! ;)
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »
I like sisters. Hi.
*snicker-snort* .....what.

welcome, hydrargyrum! what should i/we call you? :) other than 'dino's sister', which will still be legit by most folk's standards.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
Yes. Please tell me more about yourself. Or tell RAF. Which ever.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline Hydrargyrum

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »
If you'd prefer something simpler than my username, you can call me Hg or Mercury. Or if you're one of those weird people who like silly things like real names, I suppose you can call me Alex :P

About me? I recently graduated college with a degree in chemical engineering and just started working my first job, where I'm helping to design a molecular diagnostic device (take a sample from a patient and report what common viruses or bacteria infections they have). I'm not terribly social, tending to spend most of my free time at home watching TV, playing video games, or reading (currently reading The Fifth Elephant, one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books). Also, I'm very much a cat person, and they kind of make my brain melt sometimes with their adorableness. I'm also somewhat obsessed with dragon cave, which I know most RAF people got bored of a long time ago, but Dino heard about it from you guys, and I heard about it from her, and I'm still playing, so I thought you should know that your legacy lives on :P. And Aluminator can vouch for how crazy I am about it, even though he didn't know me before I joined RAF XD (he's helping me hatch Halloween dragons right now, as I can't hold all the ones I want). Last, but certainly not least, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 01:16:26 AM »
Whovian engineer. I like you already. Welcome to the club. :D (Though I'm doing computer engineering, not chemical.)

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »
mercury. very nice. i'm going to find a way to shorten that further because i am lazy.

but later. welcome, whovian engineer! ;) (my inclination was/is structural.)

Offline Hydrargyrum

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »
I also said Hg is fine as a nickname. Don't tell me that two letters is too long, is it?

And hooray for more engineers! ^_^

...and is a kitty! :3 *pets*

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
:) kitty is courtesy of cuteoverload because ...why not?

'hg' is gloriously easy to type until i try to read what i'm typing silently. then i end up making hilarious noises. (i might be alone in letting something like that distract me, but you have to admit, there's a certain appeal to 'merc'. like 'mercenary'. ...or as it rhymes with 'herc' - cite 'hercules', which for all of its greek-ness, may as well directly circle back to a reference to 'hydra' and/or deciphering your username, greek-piece by greek-piece. ...and these are the things that my stupid mind plays around with without my realizing or dwelling on it overmuch.)

i'll remember it. :) i did pretty well in chemistry. -as far as my studies took me, anyway. and if your personality is mercurial, all the better.

the real question on my mind is: who's your doctor?

Offline Hydrargyrum

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
I tend to just say the letters h and g when I'm reading what I type, but if sounding it out makes you happy, go for it. And if you decipher my username greek-piece by greek-piece, you should get right back get right back to mercury XD. Hydrargyrum is based on the Greek words for water and silver, and was the original name for the element. Personally, I think it makes more sense than naming it after a Roman god. ...it also makes it easier to understand why Hg is the chemical symbol for mercury.

And I'm not mercurial. At all. So that won't help XD

I'd have to go with 10. I love all of the Doctors I've seen, but 10's the best. Of course, I haven't seen 4-8, so I can't compare between all of them. What about you?

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »
Haha, I knew the Hydragyrum thing thanks to bored research in chemistry class. I like finiding out the origin of words, it's fun.

Nine is my Doctor! He's the one who introduced me, after all, and I loved the raw passion and seriousness he brought to the Doctor, which 11 seems to be lacking somewhat. Of course, 10 is also plain awesome. Fire and fun. :D