Author Topic: The Beginning  (Read 717 times)

The Lost one

The Beginning
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:48:35 AM »
Uhm, so I just found all my old animophs books, and re-read em, when I came to the last page of the last book I got to admit I shat bricks... .
Is really the end to this 54 book series "Ram the bladeship" ?! What happends to ax? who are those new aliens? WHATS UP?!
any answers or prefferably a link to a book that is a worthy end to this massive series would be lovely !

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:01 AM »
Well, that is the only, real, ending to the series. And yes, many people felt it left a bitter taste in their mouth after reading it, and most your questions are never really answered.
Personally, it grew on me, but if you're discontent, best that can be offered is fanfiction. You can check the board here, plenty of people have drawn up post 54 scenarios over the years
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline The Lost One

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »
Ok.... Thanks :)

Well, I personally feel its a cheap way of ending it ! Would have been better to end it with nothing happening to Ax in the first place then I guess :/

Ow well..... Wish they would publish like, 10 books more explaining the new stuff and saving ax and the gang :) Hate it when publishers cheap out this way :p

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
The ending is a bit of a base breaker for the series. Some dislike it. Some disliked it at first, but have grown to like it, some like the book up until the part with The One. Peronally I have several problems with the last book. I didn't really like the final arc in general.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »
Oh here we go again. *facepalm*

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »
Ok.... Thanks :)

Well, I personally feel its a cheap way of ending it ! Would have been better to end it with nothing happening to Ax in the first place then I guess :/

Ow well..... Wish they would publish like, 10 books more explaining the new stuff and saving ax and the gang :) Hate it when publishers cheap out this way :p
TLO, this has actually been discussed... a few times. I apologize for not really commenting here, but I don't feel I really have to go into my rant about the ending again. Haha. I've flooded RAF enough with that one. If you like, here are a few of the discussions that've taken place surrounding the ending to the series, if you wanted to skim some peoples' posts and opinions:

http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9516.0 < This is the most recent ending-related discussion

http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=285.0 < This is what I remember as being the most prolific discussion of the ending from back in the day

[spoiler=a couple more]http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=7728.0
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=1490.0[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:33:09 AM by Suddenly Lumy! »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
Since it's been universally agreed we've debated the ending far too many times (what else can you do with that kind of an ending?), I'll just leave this here - yeah, the ending pissed me off, too. After all that was said and done, it felt rather rushed, like she was ready to wrap it up in a hurry. But then again, perhaps she was.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »
Oh here we go again. *facepalm*

I feel your pain, but this kind of thing is just something that happens. I came to this board nearly a decade after the series was over, so I'm positive my posts about the ending weren't the first. This thread won't likely be the last.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
I know this is kind of opening a can of worms, but it's niggling me now. I've heard many people say they expected someone to be dead by the end, and aside from that framing story in Ellemist Chronicles, I just don't know why. Maybe that's the whole source of it, and I answered my own question. Still, it's heavily established that the main characters always survive everything. Very few, if any, named sympathetic characters die in the main series aside from Elfangor.

Even if you think it's more realistic, are you really that happy that it's 0.1% more realistic now? Is the EC really the only reason you insist someone had to die? I guess that could be a valid reason, though I didn't buy it until 54.

Ani-Master 2014!